KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Just when does Jedi Academy come out?

Just when does Jedi Academy come out?
Started by: GABRIEL05

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

Just when does Jedi Academy come out?

I'm getting tired of waiting. I hope they improved the multiplay too. The lightsaber fighting was kinda funky. It was too melee and not enough grace and skill.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 03:12 AM
Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

the PC version will be released on september 16

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 09:58 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

oooh a day before my birthday how convenient... evil face

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 05:59 PM
Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

buy me a copy wink

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 06:23 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Wow that's kinda soon...but I'm still into kotor...and oh yes I have school to contend with.......so sad I suppose poor JA will just have to wait...besides if I wait til christmas I might get it and not spend a dime:-)

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 07:04 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

i have to get it..and get on that multiplayer...gotta get good at that too

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 08:04 PM
Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justinday15
Jay

does any one know when it comes out for PS2?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2003 12:56 AM
Click here to Send justinday15 a Private Message Find more posts by justinday15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

it won't, it's for PC and X-box

Old Post Sep 5th, 2003 08:08 AM
yerssot

UPDATE:

the demo of JA (at least for pc) is out NOW, you have to be a member of file planet (which is free for the basic stuff), the file is 187MB big.

goto http://www.fileplanet.com to get it

mind you there is a long waiting list, I myself am waiting 15 minutes already and still there are more then 150 before me

Old Post Sep 6th, 2003 09:55 AM
LanceWindu

If the demo is out now, it should be on the official JA site. Shouldn't it?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2003 06:51 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yes, and on the official site they link to fileplant

Old Post Sep 6th, 2003 06:53 PM
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

Man I don't wanna sign up with some random @$$ site just to download a demo. HOwever it is Jedi Academy...."the problem is choice"

Old Post Sep 6th, 2003 07:02 PM
LanceWindu

Why do you have to be a member of file planet???

Nonetheless, if my uncle allows it, I'll join file planet just to play JA.

BTW I'm going to talk my uncle into letting me put my JO on his comp, I'm sure he'll let me since he's as big (if not bigger) SW fan than I am.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 01:18 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You don't have to join it paying wise, it's just easier to download that way and you get more downloading options for other crap they give...

I got the demo on my comp, it's tight. The lightsabers are awesome. smile

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 03:27 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Well I knew that you don't have to pay.

It's just that if you pay you don't have to wait in line.

But I figure if I wait a few days there won't be too much of a line.

I'll let you know if and when I can download it.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 03:31 AM
yerssot

the lightsabres are ok-ish, still see they don't lose bodyparts like in the movies though...

it's flashy yes, but not that good... I already see the disadvantage with the doublehanded one... I think that I'll go with the double blue one... already did that AND created my favorite character: Aayla Secura smile

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 09:46 AM
LanceWindu

So they have the create a player in the demo?

I would have thought they'd use a genericly created one for a demo.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 04:10 PM
Dexx
wingless

no...you can create your character: male: human, kel dor, rodian (and their faces..you can choose from 3) female: zabrak, human and twi'lek
(and faces to choose from ofcourse) you can choose uniforms and colors for each...
i supposed these custom features will be expanded in the full version....
you can choose from single blade, dual blade and double bladed staff. I finished the demo with dual blade (two sabers) and i liked it a lot...i'm gonna finish it with all of them..to get with the moves.,..it's not that hard because it's somewhat similar to jko....i really like it.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 03:33 PM
Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

also going for the dual blade... you can still switch to the single one...

and yeah, normall it will be more expended smile

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 05:20 PM
Dexx
wingless

yeah but when switching to the single blade you don't have the same moves as in normal single blade. I'm now gonna try the double bladed staff....i hope i like it.
the thing is..A LO of the normal single saber moves are the same as in jko....that means i would have a high chance of managing well in multiplayer with that. But i have to train in dual blade and double balded..they're so kewl big grin

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 05:25 PM