KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Palpatine's appearance

How does Palpatines appearance change from the preqels to ROTJ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
He's always looked like he does in ROTJ, but is able to mask his true appearance 26 52.00%
He is disfigured in the epic duel with Yoda 10 20.00%
He is disfigured in Anakin's fit of "dark rage" when he learns he killed padme. 14 28.00%
Total: 50 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Palpatine's appearance
Started by: bigsef3

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bigsef3

Palpatine's appearance

When does Palpatines appearance change from the "noble" senator we see in the prequel trilogy, to the disfigured, wrinkled, ancient looking Emperor we see in ROTJ?

Which of these ideas do you think will prove true in EIII? Do you have any other ideas?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 06:48 PM
Click here to Send bigsef3 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I would not be a surrpised if it is just a development in his appearance between trilogies rather than being specifically explained.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 07:05 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef3

he looks ALOT worse in ROTJ, like unnaturally old and destoryed looking. plus, theres that picture supposedly of EIII Sideous and he looks very much like he does in ROTJ.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 10:02 PM
Click here to Send bigsef3 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

I think either a) he always looked like that or b) the Dark Side just slowly corrupted him over the years.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 10:36 PM
Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It's his age and the Dark-Side combined. By ROTJ, he's about 90-years-old.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 12:49 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

he's actually only in his early 80's so he should look no worse than dooku, Nick Gillard has also said that Palpatine's appearance is due to something very specific that happens to him in episode III

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 04:08 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef3

WELL, SAID DARTH JELLO

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 09:04 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

The Yoda theory has no merit when you think about it. "the force must only be used for knowledge and defense, never attack". Only a darkside attack could have disfigured palpatine to that degree.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 04:17 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

if youve played knights of the old republic you would know that the darkside, over time, changes your appearence. so something really evil has happen in Ep3.....something.....almost satanic

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 08:07 PM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rolda Hayes
We Will Triumph...

Cool

Well said mindbugaling, If EU can be believed in this, it must be to do with pro longed exposure to the dark side...

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 11:40 PM
Click here to Send Rolda Hayes a Private Message Find more posts by Rolda Hayes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hana_skywalker
Felix Felicis

I don't agree with "He is disfigured in Anakin's fit of "dark rage" when he learns he killed padme" only because I've read it in SuperShadow.com

miffed

... and besides I'm not sure about the other two, so I can't vote, I'm sorry! confused

"Happiness... is not a fish that you can catch." - oUr LaDy PeAcE
"The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side" - Master Yoda

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 05:10 AM
Click here to Send hana_skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by hana_skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saber
MASTER ******

My opinion is that he came to that thru, simply old age.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 11:28 PM
Click here to Send saber a Private Message Find more posts by saber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

yuo read it on supershadow cause he stole it from other sites. and the age thing doesn't work either cause He's a year or so younger than dooku by the time of ROJ

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 11:36 PM
The One Part 2

I kinda like the "fit of rage" angle. It gives an idea of how powerful Anakin really is. The exposure to the Dark Side doesn't really do it for me. Wouldn't exposure to the Light Side make a person age more slowly?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 11:45 PM
Click here to Send The One Part 2 a Private Message Find more posts by The One Part 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Quagmire
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Jello
he's actually only in his early 80's so he should look no worse than dooku, Nick Gillard has also said that Palpatine's appearance is due to something very specific that happens to him in episode III

i agree

and i think we can rule out it being he always looked that way

if you watch episodes 1 & 2 you can clearly see the lower part of sidious's face and it looks "normal".definatly not how he looked in ROTJ.if you compare the lower part of his face from the prequals to ROTJ,it's obvious it happens either in episode 3,or in the time between 3 & 4-6.

whatever it may be,i think we'll find out in episode 3

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 01:32 AM
Click here to Send Darth Quagmire a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Quagmire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

the dark side consumes him.....so none of the above

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 04:06 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Finally have an Official answer now:

This question was just asked and answered in the latest edition of Star Wars Insider magazine (the one with Grevious on the cover). According to Insider, Palpatines change in appearance is attributed to the force lightning and the concetrated usage of the dark side of the force during the lightning usage and has NOT been there previously or was hidden. This is from the powers that be, so this should settle the debate.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2005 02:00 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Natalie-Lover
I love her

None, of course if he looked at Chrystalmeth the way anyone would, I'm sure his face would turn ugly after looking at that crap actor lol

Old Post Aug 20th, 2005 02:03 PM
Click here to Send Natalie-Lover a Private Message Find more posts by Natalie-Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Finally have an Official answer now:

This question was just asked and answered in the latest edition of Star Wars Insider magazine (the one with Grevious on the cover). According to Insider, Palpatines change in appearance is attributed to the force lightning and the concetrated usage of the dark side of the force during the lightning usage and has NOT been there previously or was hidden. This is from the powers that be, so this should settle the debate.

I like it the other way better... so that's what I'm gonna believe. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 20th, 2005 02:14 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You're funny, Kev, but not really. no expression

I was going to vote for Yoda ripping his face off too... whistle

Old Post Aug 20th, 2005 07:21 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote