KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why did George Lucus put Hayden in number 6,Return of the jedi?

Why did George Lucus put Hayden in number 6,Return of the jedi?
Started by: sithgirl123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sithgirl123

Question Why did George Lucus put Hayden in number 6,Return of the jedi?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post May 29th, 2005 02:34 AM
Click here to Send sithgirl123 a Private Message Find more posts by sithgirl123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

he wasnt in return of the jedi ...

Old Post May 29th, 2005 02:36 AM
Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Hayden would have been like 2 or 3 when return of the jedi came out..

Old Post May 29th, 2005 02:38 AM
Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

refer to the new remastered version of ROTJ. Hayden is clearly beside Yoda and ObiWan in the final scene.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 02:44 AM
Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

are you serious!!! WHAT!!!!!! I'll have to check it out!

Old Post May 29th, 2005 02:53 AM
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

I mean when I saw it, it really caught me off guard. Hes just in the same form that he was at the beginning of Ep. III.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 03:03 AM
Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Yeah he's Anakin from Episode III, but he's wearring completely new robes.

He isn't wearring his robes. What the hell s all that about? Since when does he wear white?

Old Post May 29th, 2005 03:11 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

He wears his robes to symbolize him becoming a master in the afterlife, and he's there because A. his humanity has been restored and B. Sebastion Shaw looks nothing like any incarnation of anakin.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post May 29th, 2005 06:13 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SixOfTwelve
Blue Elephant Muppet

You know, as much as I hated that change when the DVDs first came out, after ROTS I feel a bit different about it.
I still don't buy the the whole "when he turned to Vader, Anakin died" shtick, but watching the three films in order, it is simply kinda comforting seeing Christensen's Anakin after "all those years" (i.e. the time that has passed in the movies) - regardless of his at times dodgy acting.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 08:29 AM
Click here to Send SixOfTwelve a Private Message Find more posts by SixOfTwelve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I don't get why you think it's "shtick", SOT, it's what OB1 says in the movie... though from his point of view ofcourse
so it was kinda selfexplaining -> you see Anakin before he went dark, not Anakin after he redeemed himself because the dark side dominates your path once you have taken it

Old Post May 29th, 2005 06:44 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SixOfTwelve
Blue Elephant Muppet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by yerssot
I don't get why you think it's "shtick", SOT, it's what OB1 says in the movie... though from his point of view ofcourse

OK, maybe "shtick" was the wrong term.
But it bugs me that while Luke and Anakin prove Obi-Wan wrong (there was plenty of good Anakin left in that armour), George Lucas has used the "when Vader was created, Anakin died" point of view as an explanation as to why Anakin's ghost is there in ROTJ and hasn't aged a day since Mustafar. I will gladly accept many other theories (such as a Matrix-esque latent self image, for example), but for me, this particular theory just doesn't gel.
Don't get me wrong, I don't NEED an explanation to see Hayden in ROTJ, and by now, I'm actually glad to see him, in fact, I didn't want an explanation, but this one seems to invalidate Vader's inner struggle during TESB and ROTJ.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 08:58 PM
Click here to Send SixOfTwelve a Private Message Find more posts by SixOfTwelve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

but as Yoda said about the dark side:
"for ever will it dominate your path", so no matter how hard you struggle, there will always be a bit of dark side in you left

Old Post May 29th, 2005 09:24 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SixOfTwelve
Blue Elephant Muppet

Originally posted by yerssot
but as Yoda said about the dark side:
"for ever will it dominate your path", so no matter how hard you struggle, there will always be a bit of dark side in you left

I think I see what you mean...
So you may show up as a Force Ghost after death, buy as a punishment, you will look a slightly different shade of blue than the others and be forced to sway awkwardly and stare at the floor in embarrassment rather than look at your ghostly friends or your son. wink

Old Post May 29th, 2005 09:53 PM
Cipher
Non-Entity

He should be ashamed of some of the things he did.

Luke saw a vision of Anakin as he was before he turned to evil.
My theory is he appears that way so that Luke knows his father was redeemed.

It makes more sense a ghost who represents what Anakin would have looked like if he hadn't been disfigured.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 08:47 AM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Originally posted by SixOfTwelve
I think I see what you mean...
So you may show up as a Force Ghost after death, buy as a punishment, you will look a slightly different shade of blue than the others and be forced to sway awkwardly and stare at the floor in embarrassment rather than look at your ghostly friends or your son. wink

I thought he looked more of:
"oh djee, you know I just wanted to have some fun with the lightsabre" wink

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:36 PM
green dude

You Know ROTS not the end go to thttp://movietab.com/2005/05/25/star-wars-not-done-yet/

this tells us diffirent stick out tongue

Last edited by green dude on Jun 1st, 2005 at 12:02 AM

Old Post May 31st, 2005 11:59 PM
Click here to Send green dude a Private Message Find more posts by green dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keiran78
Jedi Knight Errant

Lucas used him because according to SW Insider Magazine, he begged him to be inside the suit. He had to wear 5-inch platform boots.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 08:40 PM
Click here to Send keiran78 a Private Message Find more posts by keiran78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Actually there already is another grreat update by the creator of Star Wars himself, it will be in revision number VIII.

Attachment: osoiman.jpg
This has been downloaded 108 time(s).

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 08:53 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keiran78
Jedi Knight Errant

Miffed

Please disreguard my last post. I was obviously momentarily braindead. Thank you and goodnight.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 09:14 PM
Click here to Send keiran78 a Private Message Find more posts by keiran78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Cipher
He should be ashamed of some of the things he did.

Luke saw a vision of Anakin as he was before he turned to evil.
My theory is he appears that way so that Luke knows his father was redeemed.

It makes more sense a ghost who represents what Anakin would have looked like if he hadn't been disfigured.

I believe you are right. Lucas endured all the bricks thrown his way last year to validate his point with ROTS. I have actually not bought the DVD's yet, because I felt I had to see Anakin's fall, to get a feeling for his point of view, before I could watch his redeemed spirit as Hayden C. instead of Sebastian S. I guess Sebastian got his sendoff with his face-to-face with Luke before death; he was just the older shell of himself, left over from Vader.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 09:31 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote