KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anytime before watching Ep.3, what did you think made Vader fall to the Dark Side

Anytime before watching Ep.3, what did you think made Vader fall to the Dark Side
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Anytime before watching Ep.3, what did you think made Vader fall to the Dark Side

I never thought it was over a woman, i was dissapointed by this fact for a while. to me it added to Anakin's pusynessness. But then i got used to it just like i got used to Toby McGuire as spiderman, back then. I got used to it.

What i thought turned him before i saw ep.3 was that he indeed wanted to be bad. That he wllingly chose by will, himself to be apart of the Darkside of the Force without any influences telling so. Like he went on a journey to alot of places far away battling many enemies barbarian style or something and found himself and knew where his place was given his power.

In other words he really earned being a Sith by going through war-like conflicts inside and out.

not because of love,

lol I would've never imagined that..! Darth Vader became Darth Vader due to love. Darth Vader is the opposite of Love, wt hell.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 03:34 PM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Pusyness? You couldn't have been a bit more tactful about it? And doesn't this belong in the Episode III section?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 03:39 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Pusyness? You couldn't have been a bit more tactful about it? And doesn't this belong in the Episode III section?

your right..ill move it there.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 03:40 PM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

I always thought he became power hungry and left his wife without caring because of the dark side.
I was pretty surprised that his wife quickly popped out two children and quickly died. And then as excuse hearing force bondage!!
eek!

I was lead to believe that the mother of Leia died on Alderaan after living with her for a while.
I guess Lucas just had to put in her dying scene because his inspiration ran dry.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 04:46 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MochaChica
MovieJunkie

I just knew it would have to do with Padme.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 05:15 PM
Click here to Send MochaChica a Private Message Find more posts by MochaChica Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

The revenge slaughter of the Sandpeople in Episode II was a large step twoards the Dark side, though he was remorseful afterwards. The words he said during his mother's funeral were revealing; about how she died because he wasn't strong enough to prevent it from happening, but it won't happen again. That is clear foreshawdowing of what is to come. Though he thinks it's noble to save those closest to him from death, it's against the Jedi code on emotional attachments, leading to greed. He doesn't listen, and the path is set for a gradual walk to Sithhood.
Naturally, this would come to centre around Padme's fate, somehow.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 05:26 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Anniken was irrational, happy go lucky, agressive and unpredictable.
A recipy for disaster, Yoda noticed this and didnīt want him trained in the first place.

The events which led up to him joining tte darks side just, just pushed him to where he would have gone anyway.

Although I think without Palpatineīs influence he may have become sort of Jedi "daywalker" (Blade fraze). He would have fluctuated between the forces, learning from both. What that would have intailed I donīt know, would have been interesting though

Last edited by Bicnarok on Nov 4th, 2005 at 06:20 PM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 06:12 PM
Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I thought it would've been some sort of thing where the council finds out about Anakin and Padme, and because of that, he's banned from the council and Padme has to relinquish her Senator position.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 12:59 AM
Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

I always knew in my mind that it was over Padmeyes Padme was Anakin's weak spot, and naturally, Palpatine exploited it.

How can you be disappointed that it was over a women? i mean, the death of, or the fear of losing your loved ones is the most severe pain known to man, and you need that kind of emotion to tell a heroes downfall

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 03:09 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Vader05
Lord Of The Sith

There are may ways that Anakin fell to Darth Vader. His weakness and love for Padme his mothers death and the seduction from Palpatine to make him turn on Obi Wan and the Jedi and his lust for power and control of the galaxy. He also wanted to becom the most powerful Jedi ever he sorta did that with turning to the dark side and alining him self with the Sith.... But thats just what i think.

Remember the dark side will be with you always.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 03:19 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Vader05 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Vader05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

I think its pretty obvious that he simply wanted to become the most powerful jedi in the galaxy no matter what it took. He lost his mother, hes about to lose padme, he has an obsession with preventing death which makes him a little crazy.

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 04:43 AM
Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

I thought he just got mad at Obi-Wan for something and blamed all the kedi and joined the Dark Side.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 05:07 AM
Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

I figured the Jedi would find out about anakin and padme, and forbid them to be together, and Anakin would be all, screw dat, but padme would want to do what was best for him, so she would leave him, and then he'd blame the Jedi, something like that.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 02:48 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CORYCAS

"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intensions". I believe that in the beginning all he wanted to do was to save Padme. He wanted to control her fate. But then that changed to wanting to control everything. When he told Padme about his plans to rule the galaxy, he had a look on his face that was totaly insane and evil. I thnk at that moment is when he truly lost his soul to the dark side.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2005 08:27 PM
Click here to Send CORYCAS a Private Message Find more posts by CORYCAS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirk Jade
Derk Jade the Dark Jedi

hey i got a question... Anakin Brought Balance to the Force in episode 3... at the end of that movie there were 2 jedi and 2 sith. and then Destabalized it in Episode 6. he threw The Emperor over the shaft and then died leaving Luke and Leia As the only 2 Jedi left with no sith then in Book 7 (Heir To the Empire) Joruus C'Boath comes along and there is 2 jedi and... (is he light or dark at this point i dont know still in middle of book 8 just cause he was working with the empire doesnt make him dark he was looking for more jedi to train...) So is it just me or will there NEVER be a balance in the force except the time that Anakin made in episode 3?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 08:57 PM
Click here to Send Dirk Jade a Private Message Find more posts by Dirk Jade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

No Anakin brought balance to the Force in episode 6 when he tossed Palpatine over the railing thereby killing Sidious and himself. No Sith=balance to the Force.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 09:34 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
No Anakin brought balance to the Force in episode 6 when he tossed Palpatine over the railing thereby killing Sidious and himself. No Sith=balance to the Force.

Wasn't balance brought to the Force when Vader died and not when Palpatine did?

I'm saying that Anakin brought balance to the Force through his death because it finally eliminated the Sith.

No Sith=balance, right?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 10:16 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

err blink go back and read my post again..

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 10:54 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
err blink go back and read my post again..

I overstood your statement, i guess.

I just thought, you were saying that because Anakin threw Palpatine over the railing, Anakin brought balance to the Force.

Then you say , "thereby"..as if obviously stating.. "Since Anakin threw Palpatine over the railing, Palpatine and Anakin died.

lol jeez, i might've overstood it and misunderstood simultaneously..sorry ma'am.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 11:17 PM
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

After watching EP2, I got the impression he was afraid of a Padme/Obi-Wan affair. Prior to the PT, I thought he fell just because he was "seduced" by the darkside, and was always a maverick.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 11:19 PM
Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote