KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » That first Breath

That first Breath
Started by: Arbiter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jimmy986

Irvin directed Empire not a new hope

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 07:51 PM
Click here to Send jimmy986 a Private Message Find more posts by jimmy986 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

*slaps KMC members*

Call yourself Star Wars fans?

*gets out pointy stick*

Lucas did 4, Kirshner did 5.

*hits KMC memebers with pointy stick*

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 08:25 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

who did 6.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 08:35 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

do'h! Serves me right for not reading the post first... I thought we were talking about the "I love you" "I know" adlib... my bad.

But I thought the bit in Episode IV was written in the script but Ford never read that part until just before shooting it to make it feel like an adlib...

Richard Marquand directed Episode VI, though Lucas had quite a lot to do with it including directing second unit at times...

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 11:31 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lleekenobi
Jedi Master

Laugh Re: That first Breath

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ESB- 1138
Is it me or when Vader took his first breath, was that the greatest moment in the movie or do I just like Vader to much.

I think your right it was the best bart because it made the cricle complete. This was what everyone was waiting for.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 08:48 PM
Click here to Send Lleekenobi a Private Message Find more posts by Lleekenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

I got shivers during that seen but it wasn't my favorite. I liked Obi-Wan yelling at Anakin. It was still a really good scene though.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:20 PM
Click here to Send Wind Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Wind Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

I think portmans performance in the scene where obi wan asks where anakin is could have been turned up a notch. But she diffently hit a soft spot in the rumination scene. So over all , it was her best performance out of the trilogy. But sometimes she can really suck. And i wish people would stop complaining about haydens performance, honestly i couldnt picture anyone else playing that part.

Last edited by Altar[1stONE] on Nov 6th, 2005 at 09:40 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:34 PM
Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan Skywalker

Vaders single breath of an amazing scene and sent a shiver through me. Not my favourite part but deffinatly in the top 5.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 09:50 PM
Click here to Send Dan Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Dan Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I'd say Ian stole the show... stick out tongue

R2 stole the show, he OWNED Ep III :P

On a side note, how rediculous do you think James Earl Jones felt delivering that show-stopping "NNnnooooOOOOOooooOOOOOO!!!!!1111"

Last edited by Jedi Shmedi on Nov 7th, 2005 at 03:30 AM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2005 03:27 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Shmedi a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Shmedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I noticeed it through several screenings of the film - the audience was holding its breath, until the first sound of the respirator started. We were all sitting on pins.
When he speaks for the first time, and we hear James Earl Jones, it was like a wave of awe washed through us all. Amazing.

Jones saying "NOOOO" works just as well for me as if he said "RAAAGGGHHHHH" - the character needs this moment of rage and sorrow. He has sold his soul for nothing; he destroyed that which was most precious to him. Nothing to live for now, except for what comfort the Dark Side brings.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Last edited by roughrider on Nov 7th, 2005 at 03:49 AM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2005 03:45 AM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightning_Count

i too wish people would stop slating Haydens performance, it was perfect in this movie and i can't see anyone else playing his role either. Ewan was awesome and so was Ian. Natalie i think had her best role in this movie too although it was shorter than in the other movies.

the bit where vader says "nooooooooooooo" should've been replaced with "aaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh" and as the camera pans out, the whole building starts to shake or something due to his rage.

my favourite scene in the whole movie was the bit from where anakin see's obiwan standing in the doorway of the ship while he's talking to padme, his conversation with obiwan and the first couple of scenes of their epic duel. (more than one particular scene but i like those bits the most, its just awesome!!).

Old Post Nov 7th, 2005 04:08 AM
Click here to Send Lightning_Count a Private Message Find more posts by Lightning_Count Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediStang
Releasing My Anger

Yeah, i feel you, ESB. That was a really awesome part. I had goosebumps shooting up my spine, and there wasn't a sound in the theater when that helmet went on....I feel you bro, even if you do like vader a little too much

Happy Dance

Visit The Great Star Wars Thread for Star Wars arrangements!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 04:30 AM
Click here to Send JediStang a Private Message Find more posts by JediStang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediStang
Releasing My Anger

Originally posted by Nactous
who did 6.

Richard Marquand

Check his Bio

He actually wanted to get Spielberg to do it, but since he dropped out of the directors guild, writers guild, and the MPA, he couldn't.

Visit The Great Star Wars Thread for Star Wars arrangements!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 04:34 AM
Click here to Send JediStang a Private Message Find more posts by JediStang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Except it was Irvin who diercted that film, not Lucas... stick out tongue
Irvin did not direct a new hope....

Gary Kurtz did.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 04:49 AM
Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

what is UP with all the ancient thread bumping? messed

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 04:56 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Press F5

what does that do?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 05:50 AM
Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by JediStang
Richard Marquand

Check his Bio

He actually wanted to get Spielberg to do it, but since he dropped out of the directors guild, writers guild, and the MPA, he couldn't.

Spielberg says Lucas never gave him the opportunity for any Star Wars, though he's been interested. I don't think his directing style would bring anything to the saga; he's never made a film set off Earth or outside regular human history. Kershner and Marquand were on the set with the actors because Lucas couldn't be there, then - he was dealing with the big producing picture, writing, running his new empire. They both had heavy instruction from him about what the films are about, and what they are supposed to achieve. Not every director can do that, deal with a heavy producing hand. Indiana Jones, Lucas and Spielberg were absolutely 50-50. Star Wars, SS wouldn't even be given the whole picture and have to ask Lucas continuous questions, like Marquand did.
The other two finalists for the ROTJ job were David Lynch and David Cronenberg. Lynch dropped out, said he couldn't deal with so many instructions.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 06:04 AM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Originally posted by DrDoom101
what does that do?

It's called refreshing, it allows you to reload your internet browser for example.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 12:38 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Re: That first Breath

Originally posted by ESB- 1138
Is it me or when Vader took his first breath, was that the greatest moment in the movie or do I just like Vader to much.

I can't remember it happening. I was probably already fast asleep during the second half of the movie.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 12:40 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
freefly
Buzz

Originally posted by JediStang
Richard Marquand

Check his Bio

Spot on. Stated very clearly in Empire building : the remarkable, real-life story of Star Wars by Garry Jenkins

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 12:50 PM
Click here to Send freefly a Private Message Find more posts by freefly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote