KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Star Wars III...a success or dissapointment to the Star Wars series

Star Wars III...a success or dissapointment to the Star Wars series
Started by: Ultimate-Venom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ultimate-Venom

Sleep Star Wars III...a success or dissapointment to the Star Wars series

state ure mind...Star Wars III...a success or dissapointment to the Star Wars series? And why..

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Ultimate-Venom a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate-Venom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I think it is a sucess since it is a clear improvement over the last 2(last 3 for me).

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 01:04 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

ROTS was deffinately the best of the SW saga. Following close is ESB... *btw, this isn't an opinion, tis a fact*

The reason? Five lightsaber duels. Huge, action packed opening. Less Jar Jar. Lots of Palpatine.

Speaking of Palpatine, Ian McDiarmid deffinately was one of the major reasons why ROTS was the best of the six. He was incredible, amazing. His character is so menacing, so sinister... it's lovely.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 01:07 AM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

It was a success. It portrayed the Anakin to Vader conversion very well, imo, and was much improved, as Ast said, over the last 2 or 3, depending on your view.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by palpy_666
ROTS was deffinately the best of the SW saga. Following close is ESB... *btw, this isn't an opinion, tis a fact*
It is fact, in your opinion.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 01:08 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

Originally posted by JKozzy
It was a success. It portrayed the Anakin to Vader conversion very well, imo, and was much improved, as Ast said, over the last 2 or 3, depending on your view. It is fact, in your opinion.

Of course it is a fact that it is a fact.

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 01:12 AM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

It is a huge success 3 is the best of the lot. 5 close behind then 2 4 1 and 6

ALL of them are a blast to watch
1 was fun if you just look past jar jar and view him as comic relief and looking at 2 now he had to be that stupid inorder to suggest to give palps his power.

the rest speak for themselves

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 01:21 AM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr.Gumby
So.......high....

though i liked it i thought i could have been so much better.i thought the emotional side of it could have been so much stronger and that anakins fall should have been alot more tragic than it was.yes it was a good movie but it just quite meet my expectations.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 02:21 AM
Click here to Send Dr.Gumby a Private Message Find more posts by Dr.Gumby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Eh. ROTS was mediocre. The dialogue was terrible, the acting was terrible, they tried to cram too much into one movie.

Padme did not look like she was carrying twins.

Yoda needs to put the lightsaber away and stop the gymnastics. The ending of the second movie was ridiculous. But, it turned out to be the highlight of the whole movie. Lucas took that as a good thing. He though audiences felt that was a good scene when in actuality, the rest of the movie just sucked.

Everyone I know (myself included) laughed when Darth Vader went, "Noooooooooooo!" It destroyed the tough image Vader had in the original trilogy.

It did have its moments. I particularly liked the whole volcano scene. I thought it would've ended better with Vader looking at the construction of the Death Star.

The reason? Five lightsaber duels. Huge, action packed opening. Less Jar Jar. Lots of Palpatine.

Speaking of Palpatine, Ian McDiarmid deffinately was one of the major reasons why ROTS was the best of the six. He was incredible, amazing. His character is so menacing, so sinister... it's lovely.

Episode 3 is hardly the best of the saga. I wouldn't even call it the best of the prequel trilogy.

Five lightsaber duels. - So it's all about the action and the pretty effects, eh?

Huge, action packed opening. - R2D2 cutting open a droid and starting up rockets to make it catch fire is your idea of good action? And since when did Jedi become starfighters? Those things that were dropped on the ships that tore 'em apart were pretty cool, but where did that technology go in the original trilogy?

Less Jar Jar. - You know what had even less Jar Jar? The original trilogy.

Lots of Palpatine. - Well, that's a matter of opinion, I guess. The whole movie could have been just him and I wouldn't like it any more.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 03:14 AM
Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

No. Just no.

... Ian McDiarmid [...] was incredible, amazing. His character is so menacing, so sinister... it's lovely.
Now that I can agree with... One of the only reasons the PT is watchable.

Originally posted by Wolfie
Eh. ROTS was mediocre. The dialogue was terrible, the acting was terrible, they tried to cram too much into one movie.
Agreed on all accounts. This movie had the second-wrost writing of the lot. Ditto the acting. (Second only to Episode II, of course)

Yoda needs to put the lightsaber away and stop the gymnastics. The ending of the second movie was ridiculous. But, it turned out to be the highlight of the whole movie. Lucas took that as a good thing. He though audiences felt that was a good scene when in actuality, the rest of the movie just sucked.
The frog-bouncing acrobatics of Yoda is pathetic. The fact that it was the highlight of Episode II just added to the fact that that film is pretty much useless in every sense of the word. It's just plain embarassing. Thank God that was toned down for III... I much prefered the "wizard" battle between Palpatine and Yoda than the lightsaber battle. In my opinion, neither of them should have EVER gotten their sabers out.

Everyone I know (myself included) laughed when Darth Vader went, "Noooooooooooo!" It destroyed the tough image Vader had in the original trilogy.
I laughed too. But I like it... I think it fits. After all, Vader is a pathetic character. Perhaps that's the reason some people don't like the PT... because it turns Vader into a sissy.

Five lightsaber duels. - So it's all about the action and the pretty effects, eh?
The thing is, sure there are five lightsaber battles, but they are some of the worst ones in the saga... They are messy, emotionless, and usually just silly. Sure they're fun to look at, but they don't compare to the brilliance of the duels in ESB and ROTJ.

And since when did Jedi become starfighters?
Obi-Wan Kenobi (A New Hope - about Anakin): "He was the best starfighter in the galaxy..." They've always been starfighters...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 03:45 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Amen.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 03:47 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

eeehhhh...well, its a good thing we all have opinions and can actually listen to each others without getting too pissy like the days of KMC old(i.e. a few months back, the main reason i took a break from here), while i agree with SOME of what was said, i think some of the things said were over analyzed...allow me to explain:

The acting which was a little dry, and wasnt the best of the saga, but it was definitly a few steps up form ep1 and 2. Anakin and Padme actually seemed "in love" or like they at least "liked" each other. But NP's acting was kinda cheesey, "anakin, yore breaking my heart!" But i do feel that Hayden did a great job with the exception of "what have i done?!" I could feel how he felt before he verbally conveyed his feelings.

The lighsaber deuls, i thought were good except Mace vs Palps. The best part of that one was the way they broke the window...other than that it was WAY to slow for two of the best swordsmen in the galaxy. The best was Ani vs OB1. I thiought the music really added something to it ( the only duel i can except music being in, as they didnt do that in the OT...mostly). I do wish that the yoda fight would have been better fought with the force rather than sabers....ya know to REALLy show the nature of both sides of the force. I would of liked something more than lightning.

There was alot of action, but then again its an action type of movie...its happening during thr Clone WARS....so yea there would tend to be fighting in this chapter. BUT i agree that there was "too much" in the movie. The first thing i said after the movie was i thought it was rushed a little.

Its not the best of the saga, but def the best of the prequels.

the vader line, "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" was EXTREMELY cheesey and uncalled for and should be erased from all our memories...shitty way to end the movies diolauge. And it should have ended in that star destroyer rather than on tatooine. Overall i think....I think..that ep3 was prolly the second best of the saga, ESB being number one in all ways.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 04:31 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
The thing is, sure there are five lightsaber battles, but they are some of the worst ones in the saga... They are messy, emotionless, and usually just silly. Sure they're fun to look at, but they don't compare to the brilliance of the duels in ESB and ROTJ.

Yeah, a whopping five. The only two that were worth anything were Mace Windu vs. Palpatine and Obi-Wan vs. Anakin. ESB still has the best, 'cause it had the emotion of Luke finding out that Vader is his father. Hell, the lightsaber battle at the end of Episode 1 beats any of the ones in Episode 3, IMO.

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Obi-Wan Kenobi (A New Hope - about Anakin): "He was the best starfighter in the galaxy..." They've always been starfighters...

They could've left it when he was a kid in #1 and figured out how to use a ship and did all that destruction. Jedi using starships just doesn't fit well with me.

And another point, that whole 66 thing, the clones turning against them, everyone had to see that coming since Episode 2. I was surprised it took them so long, I thought "Attack of the Clones" implied that they were evil.

The top three of the saga are the original trilogy.
1. Either ANH or ESB
3. ROTJ
4. TPM
5. ROTS, I guess
6. AOTC

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 08:16 AM
Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

A succes! The first half of the movie that is.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 09:15 AM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
The lighsaber deuls, i thought were good except Mace vs Palps. The best part of that one was the way they broke the window...other than that it was WAY to slow for two of the best swordsmen in the galaxy. The best was Ani vs OB1. I thiought the music really added something to it ( the only duel i can except music being in, as they didnt do that in the OT...mostly). I do wish that the yoda fight would have been better fought with the force rather than sabers....ya know to REALLy show the nature of both sides of the force. I would of liked something more than lightning.
Throwing senate pods at each other not enough for you? stick out tongue
I don't really know what else they could do with the Force without making it silly... Force Thumb-Wrestling?

The best was Ani vs OB1. I thiought the music really added something to it - Absolutely... but to me, the music was the only emotional aspect of the whole fight... I was jsut expecting so much more in terms of emotion, and it just didn't deliver.

the vader line, "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" was EXTREMELY cheesey and uncalled for and should be erased from all our memories...
I think people forget that this is a cheesy movie... The whole saga story is cheesy.

Yeah, a whopping five. The only two that were worth anything were Mace Windu vs. Palpatine and Obi-Wan vs. Anakin. ESB still has the best, 'cause it had the emotion of Luke finding out that Vader is his father. Hell, the lightsaber battle at the end of Episode 1 beats any of the ones in Episode 3, IMO.
Absolutely. The Episode I duel was the best of the prequels, hands down in my opinion...

The top three of the saga are the original trilogy.
1. Either ANH or ESB
3. ROTJ
4. TPM
5. ROTS, I guess
6. AOTC

My list is:
1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 10:02 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir J
pure blood

i like every bit of the whole saga i think it was a success i respect others opinions so im leaving it at that

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 04:42 PM
Click here to Send Sir J a Private Message Find more posts by Sir J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

tis a fact that ESB and ANH are both betterwink

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adamwankenobi
Restricted

Account Restricted

eeehhhh...well, its a good thing we all have opinions and can actually listen to each others without getting too pissy like the days of KMC old(i.e. a few months back, the main reason i took a break from here), while i agree with SOME of what was said, i think some of the things said were over analyzed...allow me to explain:

The acting which was a little dry, and wasnt the best of the saga, but it was definitly a few steps up form ep1 and 2. Anakin and Padme actually seemed "in love" or like they at least "liked" each other. But NP's acting was kinda cheesey, "anakin, yore breaking my heart!" But i do feel that Hayden did a great job with the exception of "what have i done?!" I could feel how he felt before he verbally conveyed his feelings.

There was alot of action, but then again its an action type of movie...its happening during thr Clone WARS....so yea there would tend to be fighting in this chapter. BUT i agree that there was "too much" in the movie. The first thing i said after the movie was i thought it was rushed a little.

Its not the best of the saga, but def the best of the prequels.

the vader line, "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" was EXTREMELY cheesey and uncalled for and should be erased from all our memories...shitty way to end the movies diolauge. And it should have ended in that star destroyer rather than on tatooine. Overall i think....I think..that ep3 was prolly the second best of the saga, ESB being number one in all ways.

You know something, ALL ACTING IN STAR WARS ISN'T THAT GREAT. Now I know you nastalgics have sucha hard time letting go, but you mustadmit, the acting was never any better in the OT than it is in the PT. Plus, you mnusn't forget that Luke's "NOOOOO!!!!!!" in ESB is just as cheasy as Vader's in EOTS.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 06:25 PM
Click here to Send Adamwankenobi a Private Message Find more posts by Adamwankenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Pff.. I only see every kid here rebelling to the OT, I really don't think the acting was as cheesy in the OT as in the PT.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 08:42 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate-Venom

Originally posted by darthmaul1
It is a huge success 3 is the best of the lot. 5 close behind then 2 4 1 and 6

ALL of them are a blast to watch
1 was fun if you just look past jar jar and view him as comic relief and looking at 2 now he had to be that stupid inorder to suggest to give palps his power.

the rest speak for themselves

The second one sucked, IMO

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 09:37 PM
Click here to Send Ultimate-Venom a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate-Venom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

How the f*ck does this make it better? You could have all the action in the world and it could still be the lousiest movie ever.

It's pure opinion, not fact you jackass.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 11:13 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote