KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Darth Plagueis

Darth Plagueis
Started by: PB4Ugo2Bed

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PB4Ugo2Bed

Darth Plagueis

Darth Plagueis is the only Sith who could prolong and even create life by manipulating the force (phantom menace).

Now this has been swimming around in my noodle for sometime now. What if Darth Plagueis actually did create a life. A boy who became the greatest Jedi and Sith. He would be the father of Aniken/Vader.

Can you imagine such a twist of revenge from the grave.

If this works out I see a mini series on cable. You guys heard it here first.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 07:39 AM
Click here to Send PB4Ugo2Bed a Private Message Find more posts by PB4Ugo2Bed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

This has been discussed several times over, but just for your sake...

Lucas left that speculation open. So, either Plagueis is Anakin's 'father,' or the Force alone was his father, or Plagueis did not actually know the trick and Palpatine just said it to bait Anakin.

I prefer to think that it was the Force alone and that Plagueis didn't actually know the trick. We'll see at some point in the future, when we know more of Plagueis.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 07:42 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Discussed? laughing more like argued bitterly by many of us.

PB, the search button is your friend and Rex is right on the answer.

Although Im still not buying it. eek!

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 08:01 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Argued bitterly, discussed, same thing here. wink

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 09:30 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Ture, true, bitterly argued

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 09:57 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
freefly
Buzz

EU confirmation from essential guide to chronology

"The child that resulted from this force miracle, Plagueis insisted, would be the living embodiment of the force itself - and at that moment, Sidious knew that his master was discussing Sidious's replacement. Soon after Sidious killed Darth Plagueis in his sleep."

"On Tatooine, the slave Shmi Skywalker had given birth to a child more powerful in the force than any other in history - the apparent product of forbidden research initiated by Darth Plagueis and taken by Darth Sidious. This boy, Anakin Skywalker, had seemingly not been conceived by a human father, but by the midi-chlorians themselves."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 09:58 AM
Click here to Send freefly a Private Message Find more posts by freefly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

that explains A LOT. thanks whered u get it?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 10:01 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Probably not canonical as Lucas made it up later on and left it to us to decide.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 10:28 AM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

buh?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 12:08 PM
overlord
OD'd

Refering to the text of freefly.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 01:38 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

laughing

im the coolest guy there is GO CHIEFS

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 02:12 PM
Click here to Send darthvader_fan a Private Message Find more posts by darthvader_fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Of course it isn't canon; it is specifically EU.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 03:56 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

Yawn. I heard my name and dropped oput of hyperspace for a moment.
Gotta check out JPs avatars.
From time to time.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 12:46 AM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevolutionX

Thanks

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 09:28 PM
Click here to Send RevolutionX a Private Message Find more posts by RevolutionX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

Well that means it's offical then that Darth Plagueis is Anakin's father.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 09:40 PM
Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthLazious
Well that means it's offical then that Darth Plagueis is Anakin's father.

I thought so before too,... but the Chronology takes things from the films and goes on them.

It isn't official from GL.

I found it more interesting for Rick McCallum to say on the commentary of the EP3 dvd that the opera scene "reveals Anakin's origins".... which, him being the producer and all, is a little more "official" than the chronology, but still..... he's not GL.

As it stands......

We are left the possibility, but no definitive answers.

We are meant to debate it, and think about it, but I don't expect that you will ever get a "real" answer as to Plageuis and Palps both creating him, Palps or Plagueis only, or neither.

(My own personal opinion is the one in the Chronology..... Plagueis was going to create the Chosen One (or did), Palps found out, and killed him.)

I also think palps used the power on himself, and that he is quite a bit older than most folks think.

Either several hundred years, or maybe the whole millenia since the Sith were extinct.

(Darth Bane starting the rule of 2, and how many master/apprentices came before Plags/Palps is all EU anyway.......)

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 10:09 PM
Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
...or Plagueis did not actually know the trick and Palpatine just said it to bait Anakin.

This is the way I read it.... Palps lied about everything else...

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 03:04 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

agreed

im the coolest guy there is GO CHIEFS

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 03:09 AM
Click here to Send darthvader_fan a Private Message Find more posts by darthvader_fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

it's the best argument of the entire PT, the fact that something is left a mystery. I mean, eversince AOTC, Boba Fett's mystery was forever destroyed - as much as i've grown to accept the whole clone idea.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 03:12 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

The only thing that bugs me about him lying to Anakin is that, yea he lied but then kinda told the truth. Like he said once his apprentice knew everything he did, he killed him. But then he said, "to cheat death is a power only one has discovered, but if we work together...." So maybe his master DID know, but he didn't, obviously. Its kinda hard to tell. I'm still trying to figure out why, when Sid told Ani that he didn't know how to do it, why Anakin didn't F**k him up right then and there. I mean that was the whole point of joining him to save Padme, but obviously, he can't do that. I don't know, just random thoughts.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote