KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » GL's repetition

GL's repetition
Started by: xyz jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

GL's repetition

Both Mace and Sids said "he's too dangerous to be left alive" seems unimaginative.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 05:02 PM
Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Is this like "why sith have red lightsabers? Seems odd.. "

But anyway.. People who can electrocute at will are just too dangerous to be left alive.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 05:51 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's not unikaginative, it's deliberate; the whole point wa that Anakin had been in the exact same situation earlier and had regretted it, which influenced his choice with Mace.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 05:57 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Xyz, I'm new and everything, but how come you make so many threads? And no offense, but they aren't too good either... And yeah, a Sith lord who can fire a giant arc of lightning at will is a bit dangerous, don't you think? Besides, I'll bet that Samuel L. Jackson always wanted to say "He's too dangerous to be kept alive." I know I have.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 11:00 PM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xyz jedi
Both Mace and Sids said "he's too dangerous to be left alive" seems unimaginative.

You're only now just realising that Lucas is a terrible writter?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 11:13 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Would've made sense if realising was a word. Of course, if you meant realizing by any chance...

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 11:17 PM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

No, I meant 'realising'. We speak real english here...

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 11:31 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
No, I meant 'realising'. We speak real english here...

BALLISTA GOT OWNED. serves you right for being smug tbh mate...

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 11:35 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Realising is a word, but it's a business term used to describe someone earning money through a commercial or business transaction. But the form of it that you're using would be realizing. Look it up in a dictionary. So I'm afraid you're being hypocritical saying that I'm using ersatz english. smile

Last edited by NK-Syndrome on Nov 30th, 2005 at 11:44 PM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 11:38 PM
exanda kane

erm. are you american? because if you are then get some real education...

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 11:45 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Originally posted by Ballister
Realising is a word, but it's a business term used to describe someone earning money through a commercial or business transaction. But the form of it that you're using would be realizing. Look it up in a dictionary. So I'm afraid you're being hypocritical saying that I'm using ersatz english. smile

No. You just contradicted yourself. In your other post you said 'realising' is not a word, but in the above post you clearly state that it is. Secondly, either spelling of the word is acceptable to be used in either context. (v) understand, realize, realise, see (perceive (an idea or situation) mentally) "Now I see!"; "I just can't see your point"; "Does she realize how important this decision is?"; "I don't understand the idea", or (v) realize, realise (convert into cash; of goods and property).

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 11:46 PM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

double post... nevermind

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 11:47 PM
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
No. You just contradicted yourself. In your other post you said 'realising' is not a word, but in the above post you clearly state that it is. Secondly, either spelling of the word is acceptable to be used in either context. (v) understand, realize, realise, see (perceive (an idea or situation) mentally) "Now I see!"; "I just can't see your point"; "Does she realize how important this decision is?"; "I don't understand the idea", or (v) realize, realise (convert into cash; of goods and property).

Got a point there, I did make a mistake. And you also contridicted yourself. You said "...we use real English here..." and in this post, you're saying that realize can be used. And the proper way is realize, realise is a totally different meaning, which like I said before, is a business term.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 11:51 PM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

My 'real english' comment was a joke. And, no, you're wrong. I don't know the linguistics of the magical land you reside in, but where I live 'realise' and 'realize' mean the same thing. The dictionary agrees with me:

realise
v 1: earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages; "How much do you make a month in your new job?"; "She earns a lot in her new job"; "this merger brought in lots of money"; "He clears $5,000 each month" [syn: gain, take in, clear, make, earn, realize, pull in, bring in] 2: convert into cash; of goods and property [syn: realize] 3: expand or complete (a thorough-based part in a piece of baroque music) by supplying the harmonies indicated in the figured bass [syn: realize] 4: make real or concrete; give reality or substance to; "our ideas must be substantiated into actions" [syn: realize, actualize, actualise, substantiate] 5: be fully aware or cognizant of [syn: recognize, recognise, realize, agnize, agnise] 6: perceive (an idea or situation) mentally; "Now I see!"; "I just can't see your point"; "Does she realize how important this decision is?"; "I don't understand the idea" [syn: understand, realize, see]

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 11:58 PM
exanda kane

Originally posted by Ballister
Got a point there, I did make a mistake. And you also contridicted yourself. You said "...we use real English here..." and in this post, you're saying that realize can be used. And the proper way is realize, realise is a totally different meaning, which like I said before, is a business term.

Hang on there...are you by any chance applying a defecit model? Because if you are then I may inquire into if I can get the moderators to ban you from KMC. A warning for Devil Dodo also...

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 12:02 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Huh? What exactly are you warning me of?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 12:06 AM
exanda kane

Creating a defecit model when you said "...we use real English here..."

And btw Ballister was the main culprit.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 12:08 AM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Uhh, sure, whatever...

Oh, it's spelt 'deficit' not 'defecit', by the way.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 12:14 AM
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Devil, I live in the U.S., so that must be why we have different grammar and spelling, so sorry. No hard feelings? And Exanda Kane, it's deficit. Not defecit. Sorry about the insufficient quote, but just read the whole post, it wouldn't have made a difference.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 12:18 AM
LanceWindu

WooHoo! It's like grade school grammer class all over again. Happy Dance

Old Post Dec 1st, 2005 12:20 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote