KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Whom was Anakin (Jedi Knight) closer to the most: Palpatine or Obi Wan Kenobi

Whom did Anakin care for more?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Chancellor Palpatine 10 43.48%
Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi 13 56.52%
Total: 23 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Whom was Anakin (Jedi Knight) closer to the most: Palpatine or Obi Wan Kenobi
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Whom was Anakin (Jedi Knight) closer to the most: Palpatine or Obi Wan Kenobi

Who did he look at as more of a brother or father more?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 03:26 PM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Well, to start off he had more trust in Obi Wan. But Palpatine poisoned his mind into thinking that the Jedi, including Obi Wan, were treacherous. As a Jedi Knight, for the most part he would seek opinions from either one, but Obi Wan was with him more often, so I'll say Obi Wan was more like a brother to him.

Palpatine was more like a teacher/councilor to Anakin, he gave him help and guidance and even told him how to save his love, but this was in the latter days of "Anakin's" life.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 03:38 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Sids. And it's who. Whom is only when with or to is in front of it.

For eg.

I find with whom doing this! To whom is this?

and.

Who are you? Who did he mean? Who was more like the other?

Not whom. Learn the defenitions. Go to this site dictionary.com okay.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Last edited by It's xyz! on Dec 10th, 2005 at 03:53 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 03:51 PM
Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

I actually believe Obi Wan but Sidious set him up against him.. erm

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 04:08 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xyz jedi

For eg.

and.

Who is used where a nominative pronoun such as I or he would be appropriate, that is, for the subject of a verb or for a predicate nominative; whom is used for a direct or indirect object or for the object of a preposition. Thus, we write the actor who played Hamlet was there, since who is the subject of played; and Whom do you like best? because whom is the object of the verb like and To whom did you give the letter? because whom is the object of the preposition to. Dictionary.com

Obi Wan Kenobi and Chancellor Palpatine are the direct object. professor xyz, but I digress.

I say Anakin looks at Obi Wan as a brother and Palpatine as his father/grandfather. But whom he trusts more is a mystery to me.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 04:25 PM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rising Jedi

I guess Obi-Wan had a hard time to get along with Anakin...because Obi was his mentor, and as Padme once said: "all mentors see more of our faults than we would like to"...but Palpatine knew how to "win" Anakin`s trust, telling him that he was the most powerful jedi ever, that he should be on the council or assigned for a mission, that sort of thing...and so, that`s how Anakin ended going on Palpatine`s side...

Besides what weighted more here was the fact that the jedi didn`t offer anakin the chance of saving his wife...

Don`t underestimate the force

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 04:33 PM
Click here to Send Rising Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rising Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by jollyjim311
Palpatine was more like a teacher/councilor to Anakin, he gave him help and guidance and even told him how to save his love, but this was in the latter days of "Anakin's" life.

But the "ROTS" novel wrote that Anakin would tell Palpatine things he wouldn't even tell Obi Wan. This he wouldn't say, even to Padme.

And that's what I meant. During the latter days of Anakin's life. Which was during the Clone Wars where he had utmost exposure to both Obi Wan and Palpatine. When he was a (Jedi Knight), as the question asked.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 06:06 PM
Ermac_Master
Ninja

Anakin liked Palpatine more than Mace, and when he saw Mace trying to kill Palpatine and "learning" the Jedi were evil, he lost respect for Obi- Wan. So I say Anakin liked Palpatine more. It also gave Anakin pity for Palpatine.

Last edited by Ermac_Master on Dec 10th, 2005 at 09:59 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Ermac_Master a Private Message Find more posts by Ermac_Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Obi-Wan was definetly closer. But he was his master, and therefore had to be strict etc.

Sidious told Anakin what he wanted to here, thus eventually poisoning his mind.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 10:37 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by xyz jedi

For eg.

and.

Aaaaaaah shut up.

I believe he was closer to Obi-Wan.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 12:16 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

CHANCELLOR PALPATINE

DUH

im the coolest guy there is GO CHIEFS

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 12:17 AM
Click here to Send darthvader_fan a Private Message Find more posts by darthvader_fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Palpatine was more fatherly to Anakin, but Obi-Wan was more of a brother. Palpatine just manipulated Anakin and put ideas in his head; Obi-Wan truely cared for him and wished the best for him and so on.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 12:19 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

Originally posted by Captain REX
Palpatine was more fatherly to Anakin, but Obi-Wan was more of a brother. Palpatine just manipulated Anakin and put ideas in his head; Obi-Wan truely cared for him and wished the best for him and so on.
yea i agree with you

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 12:20 AM
Click here to Send darthvader_fan a Private Message Find more posts by darthvader_fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Zhin
Serving the Crown

Originally posted by darthvader_fan
yea i agree with you

Idem, I concur

"That night, when I entered my room, I had the surprise of receiving only one gunshot" - G.Montenegro on surprises

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Darth Zhin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Zhin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

speak english man

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 01:29 AM
Darth Zhin
Serving the Crown

I agree with you....

happy now? big grin

"That night, when I entered my room, I had the surprise of receiving only one gunshot" - G.Montenegro on surprises

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 01:30 AM
Click here to Send Darth Zhin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Zhin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

k

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 01:31 AM
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

Re: Whom was Anakin (Jedi Knight) closer to the most: Palpatine or Obi Wan Kenobi

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Who did he look at as more of a brother or father more?

did you not watch ROTS at all? You should be able to know that Palpatine was closer than Obi-Wan

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 05:37 AM
Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Have you not read any of the EU before RotS?

Obi-Wan is closer. Had that been Obi-Wan who was about to defeat Sidius, Anakin would'nt have hacked his arm off.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 11:34 AM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin went on Palpy's side, rather than OB1's so there. Who=question. Whom=proper noun where you don't know the name.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 12:52 PM
Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote