KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Are Dooku and Sids honourable, or just pussies?

Are Dooku and Sids honourable, or just pussies?
Started by: Tangible God

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Are Dooku and Sids honourable, or just pussies?

Out of curiousity...if Dooku has strength enough to crush that metal pillar in AOTC, then why can't Dooku or Sidious crush the lightsaber hilts of the Jedi? e.g. their fights with Anakin, Obi, and Mace, and Yoda.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 10:13 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ermac_Master
Ninja

Because then we wouldn't have an entertaining movie.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 10:27 PM
Click here to Send Ermac_Master a Private Message Find more posts by Ermac_Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Are Dooku and Sids honourable, or just pussies?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tangible God
Out of curiousity...if Dooku has strength enough to crush that metal pillar in AOTC, then why can't Dooku or Sidious crush the lightsaber hilts of the Jedi? e.g. their fights with Anakin, Obi, and Mace, and Yoda.

He tipped it over.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 10:28 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

Re: Are Dooku and Sids honourable, or just pussies?

How is he gonna crush the crystal that forms lightsaber blades?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 10:31 PM
Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The pillar tipped true, it would take strength to do that though, with one hand while fending off Yoda.

And even if the crystal isn't crushed, a saber is complex enough so as to not function properly if other components have been broken.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 10:34 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

The pillar tipped true, it would take strength to do that though, with one hand while fending off Yoda.

And even if the crystal isn't crushed, a saber is complex enough so as to not function properly if other components have been broken.

Actually, Yoda and Dooku had stopped fighting at that point. And there is an extreme difference between crushing something and tipping it over. I can tip over my dad's motorcycle with ease. But could I crush it? Nope.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 10:36 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ermac_Master
Ninja

Why didn't Yoda push Obi and Anakin out of the way of the pillar?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Ermac_Master a Private Message Find more posts by Ermac_Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth243

Because then he couldnt show off with the force

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 11:24 PM
Click here to Send Darth243 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth243 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also. Count Dooku is the honorable one, as far as Siths go. But he isn't always. Dooku is a true warrior, at heart. Sidious is a person bent on self preservation. Mostly, he acts in either pompous, or arrogant ways. But most of all he does what he can to preserve his life.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 11:31 PM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Are Dooku and Sids honourable, or just pussies?

Originally posted by Escape81
He tipped it over.

He tipped it over by crushing the bottom of the Pillar.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 11:41 PM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Originally posted by mace=badass
Because then we wouldn't have an entertaining movie.

Pretty much. Vader can crush a Lightsaber in his hand, it could be done with the force, but we want to see really flippy cool moves so that we will be distracted from Hayden's acting. PT is about a good story with a lot of eye candy, but it is no where near up to the "Epic" mark set by the Original Trilogy.

But...

Look how fast they are!!!!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 11:54 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decay

i used to wonder why they never tried to use the force to take eachothers sabers like obi wan did to grievous. the only decent reason i can think of is maybe something that close to them is kind of part of them as far as the force goes, theyd feel someone about to use the force on it and be able to counter it, resulting in a stalemate that would just skrew with the flow of the fight and could result in the one trying to take it leaving themselves open for a force push or something. thats about all i can think of.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 09:50 AM
Click here to Send Decay a Private Message Find more posts by Decay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Decay
i used to wonder why they never tried to use the force to take eachothers sabers like obi wan did to grievous. the only decent reason i can think of is maybe something that close to them is kind of part of them as far as the force goes, theyd feel someone about to use the force on it and be able to counter it, resulting in a stalemate that would just skrew with the flow of the fight and could result in the one trying to take it leaving themselves open for a force push or something. thats about all i can think of.

That's it exactly.

Jedi and Sith are pretty much as one with their lightsabres. As long as they have a good grip on it, attempts to damage it with the Force or pull it from their hand will fail.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 09:41 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Actually, Yoda and Dooku had stopped fighting at that point. And there is an extreme difference between crushing something and tipping it over. I can tip over my dad's motorcycle with ease. But could I crush it? Nope.

Watch ATOC. It clearly shows the pillar being crushed near the bottom of it to tip it over.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 10:03 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Watch ATOC. It clearly shows the pillar being crushed near the bottom of it to tip it over.

I know. At the base of the pillar. An extreme feat. But he insinuated that he crushed it in half or something. He bent the sides inwards with the Force, which caused the pillar to topple over.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 10:20 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Technically that's crushing the base

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 10:35 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I like how this topic still exists despite its blatantly disrespectful title.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 12:47 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Technically that's crushing the base

Crushing the base. Not the entire pillar. He didn't specify.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 12:49 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I know. At the base of the pillar. An extreme feat. But he insinuated that he crushed it in half or something. He bent the sides inwards with the Force, which caused the pillar to topple over.
My bad for not being specific.

I actually thought it was obvious he crushed the bottom, so my idea was it was implied.

But yeah, if these guys (all the Force baddies) are able to do, what they do... then why is it that they would never snap, bend, or mangle the saber hilt in any way, using the Force?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 01:20 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Because Sidious wanted to prove that he was far greater then Yoda.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 01:27 AM