KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » More bashing for Mr. Christensen (don't know if it's been posted)

More bashing for Mr. Christensen (don't know if it's been posted)
Started by: Eleonora

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eleonora

More bashing for Mr. Christensen (don't know if it's been posted)

Oh dear, another spotty and overweight teenager with personality issues....

http://www.slashfilm.com/article.php/20051219225025277

BTW Merry Christmas everyone!!! smile

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Eleonora a Private Message Find more posts by Eleonora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevy-2006
Restricted

Account Restricted

But seiosuly though. I think Hayden is not a good actor. bashing him is dumb though.

The link isn't working

19 muthaphukkin 93,
and I'm back in this b*tch,
Eazy- muthaphukkin- E, the hip hop thugster...

Last edited by kevy-2006 on Dec 25th, 2005 at 05:43 PM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 05:39 PM
Click here to Send kevy-2006 a Private Message Find more posts by kevy-2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Demarest
But seiosuly though. I think Hayden is not a good actor. bashing him is dumb though.

The link isn't working

This is some guys film site. THe title of the article is: Roger Ebert vs. Me: Top 10 of 2005

This is the part about Hayden.

quote:
8. Star Wars: Episode III - all geekery aside, this movie was very, very pretty. Hayden Christensen, as far as I'm concerned, is a terrible actor and was at least 40% responsible for the low quality of Episode II, which has yet to grow on me as much as I'm sure it will eventually. However, he managed not to screw up Episode III as much, and allowed the massive story and somewhat excessive special effects do their jobs. There were some things wrong with this movie, I admit, but I loved it anyway. So there.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 06:02 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevy-2006
Restricted

Account Restricted

thanks

merry Xmas BTW

19 muthaphukkin 93,
and I'm back in this b*tch,
Eazy- muthaphukkin- E, the hip hop thugster...

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 06:05 PM
Click here to Send kevy-2006 a Private Message Find more posts by kevy-2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clone-pilot

Hayden is a good actor and AOTC is a great film .... for christs sake will everyone stop being so damn critical it's starting to p*** me off !!!!!

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 06:34 PM
Click here to Send Clone-pilot a Private Message Find more posts by Clone-pilot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McCusto
Republic Commando

Originally posted by Clone-pilot
Hayden is a good actor and AOTC is a great film .... for christs sake will everyone stop being so damn critical it's starting to p*** me off !!!!!

Seriously, and why is anyone bashing Hayden, all he did is do what George Lucas told him to do.

Official Member of the Cliegg Lars Fan Club

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 07:35 PM
Click here to Send McCusto a Private Message Find more posts by McCusto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darkjedi132
SITH MASTER

he isnt that bad because the script makes him look good

There is no death, There is the Force.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 08:37 PM
Click here to Send darkjedi132 a Private Message Find more posts by darkjedi132 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Originally posted by Clone-pilot
Ah.. There's nothing wrong with being a critic.
You don't grow as a person if you think everything is fine that you do for example but this a forum, we aren't here to chat or drool about SW but here to discuss.

I would say that AotC is great movie with some flaws but I wouldn't say Hayden is a great actor. It's that you are all used to him that you have accepted his warped way of acting.
If there had been another instead of him, you would have found that one the bomb.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 08:50 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

there is no use caring about this, hayden IS anakin, and thats that. it is forever sealed.

plus i dont think he did a bad job in either eps II or III

there was just a FEW slightly annoying lines (his or GL's fault??) ...but other then that he does a good job i think.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 02:10 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

George Lucas is the only reason for Episode II's suckfullness. Even though Hayden is a douche in my opinion, he actually can act (see Shattered Glass or Life As A House), as can Natalie Portman (see anything she's been in apart from Star Wars). GL is just a terrible actor director and has dumb ideas of what he wants from his actors.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 02:39 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kalsemo

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
suckfullness

laughing

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 12:30 PM
Click here to Send kalsemo a Private Message Find more posts by kalsemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Meh.. Fans shouldn't judge acting skills anyway.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 01:18 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rikeen
Padawan

i think he did great, who else could've portrayed him better? you? me? no hes pretty good, his part is just very demanding.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 04:27 PM
Click here to Send rikeen a Private Message Find more posts by rikeen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Fans would have accepted anyone who would have been in his place.
Leave it at that, or try to have some insight before judging.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 04:28 PM
Eleonora

Originally posted by overlord
Fans would have accepted anyone who would have been in his place.

Oh really? I don't think I would have liked Di Caprio or Phillippe in his shoes sick
First of all I agree that any flaw is: a) George Lucas's fault; b) blue screen's fault. I haven't seen a single movie in which blue or green screen have "bettered" the actor's performance. Think about the Matrix trilogy: I thought the acting was really camp and sometimes it made me want to laugh out loud (in the second and third one mostly, the first one was, for the greater part, good). Even in theatre the best rendition of a play is usually given when there is an actual scenary and when there are actual costumes rather than in the so called "minimalist" environment.
Secondly, I loved AOTC and I don't think it was "spoiled" by anyone if not by some dumb lines in the screenplay. It's not perfect, but no film is. In fact, if we look around us we see that compared to many films that have been hailed as masterpieces (ex. "Traffic") AOTC is to be considered a stroke of genius.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 12:34 PM
Click here to Send Eleonora a Private Message Find more posts by Eleonora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

bashing? ummm no

criticising haydens acting abilities on a website is not bashing, but rather expressing one's opinion. regardless of how vague and nonsensical his criticism is, and regardless of how i disagree, i really dont think thats bashing.

bashing is when certain idiots on this site refer to him as "gayden" and express their sick want to commit assault on him (you know who you are child)

bashing is when some obsessed fanboy screams "YOU RUINED STAR WARS!!!!" in his face, forcing him to chase his sorry ass down the block.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 02:12 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Originally posted by Eleonora
Oh really? I don't think I would have liked Di Caprio or Phillippe in his shoes sick
First of all I agree that any flaw is: a) George Lucas's fault; b) blue screen's fault. I haven't seen a single movie in which blue or green screen have "bettered" the actor's performance. Think about the Matrix trilogy: I thought the acting was really camp and sometimes it made me want to laugh out loud (in the second and third one mostly, the first one was, for the greater part, good). Even in theatre the best rendition of a play is usually given when there is an actual scenary and when there are actual costumes rather than in the so called "minimalist" environment.
Secondly, I loved AOTC and I don't think it was "spoiled" by anyone if not by some dumb lines in the screenplay. It's not perfect, but no film is. In fact, if we look around us we see that compared to many films that have been hailed as masterpieces (ex. "Traffic") AOTC is to be considered a stroke of genius.
Is all of that message directed towards me? eek!

Anyway, kid fans would have even defended Di Caprio too if it were him now.
Fans just shouldn't try to defend plot writing, acting skills and directing when they are too biased to even judge properly.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 02:50 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I've never found anything wrong about Hayden's acting. I guess it depends on how much you want to analyze something. I more of a simple person. I like to sit back and enjoy the story, regardless of whether the acting is decent or not.

I like George.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Yeah, it was still decent to a certain level.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 11:23 PM
Eleonora

Originally posted by overlord
Is all of that message directed towards me? eek!

Anyway, kid fans would have even defended Di Caprio too if it were him now.
Fans just shouldn't try to defend plot writing, acting skills and directing when they are too biased to even judge properly.

You are denying the quintessential element that separates life forms from lifeless objects: the ability to distinguish, form an opinion and, consequently, act. Fans are not born fans, they make a choice that comes directly from the makings of the mind, so I believe this dogmatic approach towards fandom comes very close to dementia. I think that unfortunately (I mean it) we all have a different view of the world, so an objective judgement, fan or non-fan, is impossible.

Last edited by Eleonora on Jan 1st, 2006 at 10:40 PM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 10:31 PM