KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why did Yoda...

What if Obi-Wan and Anakin killed Grievous on the Invisible Hand?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Palpatine've stopped them somehow 0 0%
Palpatine's plans would be ruined 2 12.50%
Palpatine would form a new plan and somehow succeed 12 75.00%
Palpatine'd stick with his old plan and find a way to keep his powers but then the Jedi'd kill him right then (what with Yoda, Mace and Obi-Wan there) 2 12.50%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Why did Yoda...
Started by: darthsith19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Why did Yoda...

go to Kashhyyk. I mean, he really didn't do anything there. he just stood there and watched the battle. He could have just sent his troops alone there or else Luminara Unduli, who I understand was on Kashhyyk, could have been the Jedi to go there. Yoda didn't help anyways and then he'd have been on Courscant and he and Mace would have beat the shit outta Palpatine.

Also, what've happened if Grievous would have been killed on the Invisible Hand? Palpatine'd have to excuse to keep his power + Obi-Wan would stay on Courscant. Without his powers Palpatine's plans would be ruined. I doubt he'd stop Obi-Wan and Anakin from killing Grievous, so would it be game over for Sidious then?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 04:44 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

Yoda needed to communicate with the wookies, and inform them erm

And sorry, I'll leave the "What if" to the others stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 04:48 AM
Click here to Send Wind Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Wind Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'll bet my buttons Yoda did more than what we see. Either that or it was an excuse to get him off Coruscant.

And if Grievous had died on the Invisible Hand?

Sidious take HUGE risks and gambles. If Grievous died, than I wouldn't put it past Palpatine to conjure up another threat which required the seperation between OB and Anakin. He most likely KNEW that the Council would dismiss Anakin's suggestion that he go take on Grievous, and he probably KNEW that OB would take his place.

Remember, there was always the fact that the Seperatist leaders had to be found, he could use their hiding to prolong the war and figure out another scheme.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 07:01 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Re: Why did Yoda...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthsith19
Yoda didn't help anyways and then he'd have been on Courscant and he and Mace would have beat the shit outta Palpatine.
LOLz!!! YOU SPELLED IT WRONG!!!!111!1!!

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 10:48 AM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

From the novel, Yoda leaves as part of the lame ass Jedi plan to bait out the second Sith.

"It may not be enough," Mace Windu said. "Let us take this one step farther - we should appear shorthanded, and weak, giving Sidious an opening to make a move he thinks will go unobserved. I'm thinking that perhaps we should let the Chancellor's office know that Yoda and I have been forced to take the field-"

[skip a bit]

Yoda: "The Seperatist attack on Kashyyyk, a compelling excuse will make. And good relations with the Wookies I have; destroy the droid armies I can, and still be available to Coruscant, should Sidious take the bait"

Stupid fools

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 11:17 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Yeah, stupid fools

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 12:29 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

None of those choices is why he went there. He went there because thats what Jedi did in the clone wars. They were generals of the clone armies. And that battle needed a general, and Yoda felt he was the best candidate. So he went. There's not much else to it.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 02:35 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

They just should have sent Anakin...

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 02:42 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
None of those choices is why he went there. He went there because thats what Jedi did in the clone wars. They were generals of the clone armies. And that battle needed a general, and Yoda felt he was the best candidate. So he went. There's not much else to it.

No offence but that is not so. Mišt is absolutely right. (S)he even quoted the novel.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 02:59 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: Why did Yoda...

Originally posted by darthsith19
go to Kashhyyk. I mean, he really didn't do anything there. he just stood there and watched the battle. He could have just sent his troops alone there or else Luminara Unduli, who I understand was on Kashhyyk, could have been the Jedi to go there. Yoda didn't help anyways and then he'd have been on Courscant and he and Mace would have beat the shit outta Palpatine.

Also, what've happened if Grievous would have been killed on the Invisible Hand? Palpatine'd have to excuse to keep his power + Obi-Wan would stay on Courscant. Without his powers Palpatine's plans would be ruined. I doubt he'd stop Obi-Wan and Anakin from killing Grievous, so would it be game over for Sidious then?

Why did Yoda go to Dagobah? Is that is homeworld because in the deleted scene where Yoda arrives his facial expression is like he's finally home.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 06:34 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
Yoda needed to communicate with the wookies, and inform them erm

Hologram.
quote:
I'll bet my buttons Yoda did more than what we see.

Like what? He just stood and watched the battle!
quote:
LOLz!!! YOU SPELLED IT WRONG!!!!111!1!!

Shut it or you'll end up like Nilky.
quote:
From the novel, Yoda leaves as part of the lame ass Jedi plan to bait out the second Sith.

Okay, I read what you said. Thanks.
quote:
And that battle needed a general

Luminara Unduli was there.

So now that we know the answer just discuss what would have happened if Grievous had died on the Invisible Hand. Or how stupid the Jedi's plan was wink

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 11:48 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Yoda went to Kashyyyk for the sole purpose of providing an excuse for George to have a battle scene with wookiees in his film. That is all.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 12:16 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

Yoda also had to be away, cause he would be able to stop Anakin.

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 12:26 AM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Edit: NVM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 12:52 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anikinindrag
Restricted

Account Restricted

why if how yeaseryday yoda would kill him maby

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 04:20 AM
Click here to Send anikinindrag a Private Message Find more posts by anikinindrag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

he neeeded to be there to let the wokkies know of wats going down and boost the moral of the wookie troops.

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 04:30 AM
Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anikinindrag
Restricted

Account Restricted

and score some wookie booty

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 04:32 AM
Click here to Send anikinindrag a Private Message Find more posts by anikinindrag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

just die What the f**k?

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 02:35 PM
Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The novel was trying to find justification where none was needed. Anomaly has the concept pretty much right.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 02:44 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote