KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Are Jedis Democratic or Republican

Are Jedis Democratic or Republican
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Are Jedis Democratic or Republican

Like for example when Obi Wan clearly said "Anakin my allegiance is to the Republic, to Democracy!.."

Would The Order have had a Democratic or Republican view on things?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 01:34 PM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's... so weird in many ways...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 01:57 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

...maybe some Jedi were Republicans and others were Democrats but I have to agree with Ush here.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 02:36 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
That's... so weird in many ways...

Weird? How so..

The question's cut and dry. Are they one or the other or not.

To me, since they had a religious-esque view on things then I'd compare them to the republican/religious right who are conservative and old fashion sticking to the old ways.

But then you had unorthodox Jedi like Qui Gon who might've had a more liberal view of things where he was for reform and always in cahoots with the counsel.

And that's beside the fact that all Jedi served a Republic so I think at least most of them were republicans. I even heard the Jedi were privileged as hell. they had no possessions but they had unlimited funds..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 03:05 PM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I even heard the Jedi were privileged as hell. they had no possessions but they had unlimited funds..

Well, look at it like this....

REPUBLIC + UNLIMITED FUNDS = DIRTY OIL DEALS...

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 03:15 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

what a ridiculous brainfart of a thread

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 03:32 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by PVS
what a ridiculous brainfart of a thread

You again..lol

Your're that guy/girl that gets really upset with people alot of the time because they posts things you don't agree with and think they're not intelligent if you don't like the topic.

How are you?

big grin

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 04:16 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

what? no im that guy who cant stand attention whores smile

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 04:20 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

Communism!!!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 04:33 PM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by PVS
what? no im that guy who cant stand attention whores smile

Like yourself? hehe

Read this, whatever your name is, don't care..

Almost always, chronic verbal abusers behave the way they do for one of two reasons:

1 - A small percentage are simply klutzes. They're ignorant. They know no other way to communicate with other human beings. All they need is education.

2 - As for the rest, they're desperate for attention and they know that throwing hostile language at you will get your attention.

As oppose to you, at least I provided proof why you're an attention whore, while you just say it to say it. hehe...

cool

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 04:36 PM
exanda kane

Oh dear....it has begun....

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 04:40 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Like yourself? hehe

Read this, whatever your name is, don't care..

Almost always, chronic verbal abusers behave the way they do for one of two reasons:

1 - A small percentage are simply klutzes. They're ignorant. They know no other way to communicate with other human beings. All they need is education.

2 - As for the rest, they're desperate for attention and they know that throwing hostile language at you will get your attention.

As oppose to you, at least I provided proof why you're an attention whore, while you just say it to say it. hehe...

cool

so in other words: "i know you are, but what am i?"

how original.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 04:52 PM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by PVS
so in other words: "i know you are, but what am i?"

how original.

Your pretending to not be smart again when I know you are ...

It's not "I know you are, but what am i?" but more like "I know you are, and here's why.."

Get it. And stop pretending silly..

cool

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 05:04 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

wow, that cool smilie does an excellent job of hiding your feelings of frustration and inadequacy. also your pseudo-psychological profile of me is quite impressive. what useful and relevant posts [/sarcasm]

but anyway, if you paid any attention to the movies you wish to debate, you would know that jedi are simply servants of the republic and are concerned in no way with political partisanship, play no role in the democratic process, and in fact do not trust politicians at all. they have but one job: preserve the peace and defend the republic. nothing more.

so the answer is: neither

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 05:17 PM
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

PVS just said it all.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 05:27 PM
Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by PVS
wow, that cool smilie does an excellent job of hiding your feelings of frustration and inadequacy. also your pseudo-psychological profile of me is quite impressive. what useful and relevant posts [/sarcasm]

but anyway, if you paid any attention to the movies you wish to debate, you would know that jedi are simply servants of the republic and are concerned in no way with political partisanship, play no role in the democratic process, and in fact do not trust politicians at all. they have but one job: preserve the peace and defend the republic. nothing more.

so the answer is: neither

Change the typo pseudo to factual. And I if you could see well, it wasn't a smile but the "cool" expression meaning that i'm cool and not frustrated like you get all the time at people. Here, I'll just write it down for you the next time, how 'bout that..? Like "C00L"

How can it be neither. You meant to type "both". If not then can you please explain to me why Obi Wan said "My allegiance is to the Republic, to Democracy!" Which literally means he's allied with both views/concepts. And if they serve the Republic or Democracy they obviously are aligned it's leaders which are for the most part politicians. Like 'em or not.

Obi Wan never seemed uncomfortable with Bail.

"Big Grin"

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 06:31 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

it wasn't a smile but the "cool" expression meaning that i'm cool and not frustrated

ok, thanks for that. but be honest, who are you really trying to convince? me...or you wink

anyway...

How can it be neither. You meant to type "both". If not then can you please explain to me why Obi Wan said "My allegiance is to the Republic, to Democracy!" Which literally means he's allied with both views/concepts. And if they serve the Republic or Democracy they obviously are aligned it's leaders which are for the most part politicians. Like 'em or not.

no they are NOT alligned with any partisan views. they are meant to preserve order in the republic, disregarding whatever political shifts occur (if any) or whatever ideals are most popular. the ONLY time they ever intervened with the political process was under the suspicion that the sith had control of the senate.

their allegence is to democracy, which means "THE PEOPLE" (wow, what a concept! eek! ) so their only allegence is to the safety and preservation of 'the people', but they do so without involving themselves in the political ideals and affairs of the people. they are peace keepers. their only concern is that people are not oppressed, enslaved, or murdered by the millions. quite simple.

again, if you were interested in paying attention to the films and having a decent debate, instead of blowing hot air and desperately trying to keep your precious topic afloat dispite its complete and proven absurdity, as has been the case with all your other threads in other kmc forums, perhaps i would not be so harsh.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 06:48 PM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by PVS
no they are NOT alligned with any partisan views. they are meant to preserve order in the republic, disregarding whatever political shifts occur (if any) or whatever ideals are most popular. the ONLY time they ever intervened with the political process was under the suspicion that the sith had control of the senate.

their allegence is to democracy, which means "THE PEOPLE" (wow, what a concept! eek! ) so their only allegence is to the safety and preservation of 'the people', but they do so without involving themselves in the political ideals and affairs of the people. they are peace keepers. their only concern is that people are not oppressed, enslaved, or murdered by the millions. quite simple.

again, if you were interested in paying attention to the films and having a decent debate, instead of blowing hot air and desperately trying to keep your precious topic afloat dispite its complete and proven absurdity, as has been the case with all your other threads in other kmc forums, perhaps i would not be so harsh.

Im begging to think that you aren't pretending to be slow on the uptake.

But once again, your're wrong, scary clownboy.. Democracy does not mean "The People". It means this:

de·moc·ra·cy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-mkr-s)
n. pl. de·moc·ra·cies
Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.
A political or social unit that has such a government.
The common people considered as the primary source of political power.
Majority rule.
The principles of social equality and respect for the individual within a community.

(Softly pats top of head condescendingly)

It's ok.. cool

And I have understood the films but maybe not as much as you do since I have a life outside Star Wars. wink

No one's blowing hot air and im not desperately keeping anything afloat, lol. Hell you could personally ask the Mod to close this thread for all I care..So stop insinuating. You almost make me feel sorry for you. And I can show you quite a few threads that have been successful that i've started. The point is, is that I do not care about how many joints I create or post because I'm not trying to set records like you are. I just wanna post stuff as my sole right to do so, regardless of whether you like it or not... "smiles"

Like for example, you insulted me, again, yet you consistently digress with personal degradations on how dumb I am because you disagree with me yet you say Im not a decent debtor, c'mon. you're the one not sticking to the topics..

lol what the fcuk does my use of a smilie have to do with the thread question, hu?...

laughing

wow, just wow...anyway back to the topic

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 08:41 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

intentionally scewing my point to "win" your petty and nonsensical battle will always prove to be fruitless...unless your just being a last word whore, in which case please let me know and i will simply concede and allow you to squeeze out a final brain dropping.

now lets examine the sentence shall we?

"their allegence is to democracy, which means [their allegence is to ]"THE PEOPLE" ...hope that clears it up and you can close your dictionary.com window. way to completely avoid relevant points, and then cry about straying off your precious topic, which btw is rubbish

and the rest of your post is a pile of ad hominem jibber jabber and overly used smilies, which seem to be your best defense mechanism...so ill just ignore it

Last edited by PVS on Jan 12th, 2006 at 08:53 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 08:49 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh and when you do inevitably reply, why not address the point which you have so artfully dodged by switching the topic to me.

Last edited by PVS on Jan 12th, 2006 at 09:17 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 09:14 PM