KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Rebirth

Rebirth
Started by: Ken Kenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

Rebirth

I finally got me a copy of Rebirth today! cool

Old Post Aug 25th, 2001 01:57 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I just started reading Rebirth yesterday.

Interesting how they have started to add little Prequel Trilogy snippets like the reference to "Naboo Tile" on pg64 (UK ed) when describing Lando's suite....

Old Post Sep 26th, 2001 12:49 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Yeah, in one of the early books, Onslaught I think, Anakin mentions the Gungans and how they use living things instead of machines. Naboo is on the map, maybe they'll make it there someday.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 04:46 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Just finished Rebirth yesterday. I thought it was excellent. The only reason it took me so long was I'm trying to waste time till Star by Star.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2001 09:27 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Just finished Rebirth last night.

My one disappointment was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the fact that Greg Keyes brought back Mara's illness only to have it disappear again in the final 5 pages with no explanation.

Seemed like a case of doing it just for the sake of it...

Old Post Oct 15th, 2001 12:33 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Well at least we know that the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: illness is gone from her system.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2001 06:26 PM
JediOasis
Better Man

The only problem I had was that too much stuff was going on at once. It should have been broken into two different books. Oh well, with SbS being over 600 pages, that should more than make up for it.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Oct 15th, 2001 08:56 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I agree, it should have been a 3 parter, not a 2 parter.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2001 10:16 PM
LanceWindu

I was getting dizzy from all of the scenario changes.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2001 07:50 PM
Ratcat

The end did seem to gallop up at an unbelievable rate.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2001 11:26 PM
Julie
The Student

Rebirth was an excellent book. It has me counting every second until I can hold the hardback 600 pg SBS. I read a spoiler on it at theforce.net, but I'm still going to read the book. I think that the series is great so far, and even if SBS disappoints me, I'll read all the others to come.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2001 02:52 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

That's what I say don't let one book spoil it for you. Anyway's I'm sure we all want to know what happens to the Vong.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2001 09:53 PM
JediOasis
Better Man

The Vong will lose, thats what will happen. big grin

-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Oct 21st, 2001 11:41 PM
LanceWindu

I'm sure everybody already knows that. We just want to know how they lose.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2001 06:17 PM
Julie
The Student

Well, however they lose, I'm sure it'll be a glorious defeat...star wars style!!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 10:24 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

great! dad came and he had bought me Rebirth, after reading (spoiler free ofcourse) I have a lot of hope in this one!
I need a good book after Rogue planet!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2002 08:25 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Cool, this is a great book IMHO.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2002 04:34 PM
yerssot

I'm around page 70 now, and I have to agree, I don't understand why they made crappy books first and than suddenly make this masterpiece... it's THE best I've ever read in EU that is

Old Post Jul 15th, 2002 08:44 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I take it you haven't read any of the later books from NJO?????
Rebirth was great, but there are some other really really good NJO books out there

Old Post Jul 16th, 2002 09:17 PM
yerssot

heck, it's my first NJO book! Well, I hope I get my hands on some others too

Old Post Jul 16th, 2002 09:23 PM