KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Will Star Wars still exist in 2015?

Will Star Wars still exist in 2015?
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

Will Star Wars still exist in 2015?

I just wonder if Star Wars will continue to have ther longevity it had after ROTJ.

I know that LFL, along with Dark horse, Hasbro/Kenner and Batham Books, kept things alive but they always had the prospect of new films at some point.

As George Lucas has publically stated that he will NOT be making anything after Episode-III, do you think it will gracefully die off or will they try to keep it alive?

Star Wars is obviously a special case in this matter. Even James Bond, which I believe is the only movie series that will have a longer string of sequels than Star Wars, can't really be included as they are not one story.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2000 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I think it will go on to be something like the Wizard of Oz, a classic that people will always like and of course there will be some marketing for that.

When you consider that movie making has only artistically existed for less then a century I think we will see SW be included by art/film historians as a work that had huge cultural impact and ramifications, so it will always be around in some form or another..
It's like when you see a 14th century painting of the Madonna done in Egg tempera...you can understand it's place and how it contributed...
I can imagine film being looked at very much the same way as more traditional arts..

Old Post Sep 25th, 2000 11:39 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

But will SW have the longevity it takes to be a part of that history? Probably, it has already made a number of landmarks I guess.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 01:31 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

I agree with Dim.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 02:11 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

OK, explain what she said then.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 02:34 AM
theEvilJedi

About being similiar to The Wizard Of Oz,etc.,etc.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 02:36 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Oh my yes, the cultural impact of the Wizard of Oz, it's ruined several of my Christmas's in the past!!!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 02:39 AM
theEvilJedi

Why's that?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 02:40 AM
Ratcat

Well I don't know about you guys iin the US, but over here in the UK they show that movie EVERY Christmas, it's got to the point where it's considered a joke.

Q. How do the Jehovahs Witnesses know when it's Christmas?
A. Because The Wizard of Oz is on.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 02:50 AM
KJ
Sausages

Yip, it's the Wizard of OZ followed by The Great Escape and then the best British movie of all time Zulu!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 03:19 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Here it's always Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase and It's a Wonderful Life with James S.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 03:20 AM
Ratcat

That's a UK Easter!!!!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 03:39 AM
KJ
Sausages

And don't forget the Italian Job. Every holiday it's on.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 03:42 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I'm sorry guys, I'd make the hurting stop if I could...Would you like to watch some Shirley Temple movies?big grin

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 03:42 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Wh..Wh..Wh..What?Dim?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 03:44 AM
Ratcat

Aaaarrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 03:46 AM
Dim
Creativity

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooon the good ship LOLLY POP..(want e to sing the whole song??)

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 03:47 AM
theEvilJedi

Your pretty weird Dim.smile

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 03:48 AM
Ratcat

I think we'll cope.

Hey, Olympic coverage just started on BBC1, no sleep again tonight!!!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 03:51 AM
Dim
Creativity

It's a SWEET TRIP to the cany shop...Where the bon bon plaaaaaaay...something something something something...

yeah, well, I try. smile

Old Post Sep 26th, 2000 03:52 AM