KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » OBI-WAN

OBI-WAN
Started by: KJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KJ
Sausages

OBI-WAN

Where was Obi-Wan born?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2000 05:29 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starstione

That's a good question?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2000 07:17 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

It had to be somewhere in the Republic, still kind of vague. My guess would be Coruscant. It is not Tatooine so no one better guess that.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2000 06:14 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

We will probably find out in ep2 as Owen and Beru will be from the same planet

Old Post Jul 12th, 2000 07:58 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth stu

obi-wan

owen and beru don't have to be from the same planet. owen may not even be obi-wan's real brother (if you didn't notice, their last names are different).

Old Post Jul 12th, 2000 09:12 PM
Minok

Half Bros

I think owen had a diffrent father,or they weren't related what so ever. I think where OB1 is from may not come up at all.I speculate that if his origin comes up it will be Corellia because that seems to be one of the few human populated Republic planets close to Coruscant.Maybe Dantooine could be possible or Malistaire.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2000 12:39 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Re: Half Bros

I don't know about Malastare, kind of odd thinking about it, I can't put my thumb on it but it just don't seem right. Corellia is another good guess, and Dantooine isn't bad at all. As for Owen and OB1 the could be cousins.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2000 09:46 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

A reason why Owen and OB1 aren't brothers, is because don't you think Owen would have sensed the arrival of stormtroopers and panicked? I mean, OB1 was a jedi, even though Owen wasn't trained he can still sense good and evil. If they are brothers they either have different mothers or fathers. But then that puts a groggy feeling in me thinking one of OB1's parents was a sex fiend.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2000 09:49 AM
The Westsider

hey this is StarTrek SUX here

I think Owen wouldnt be force sensitive maybe they have the same mother different fathers or different mothers same father

shouldn't it be a mixed of parents to make a force sensitive child?

you know what I mean, if not, THINK

Old Post Jul 13th, 2000 12:05 PM
darth stu

half brothers

my guess is that they are not related in any way shape or form. they told luke that owen was his uncle. wrong. besides, if obi-wan did have a brother and anakin knew about it don't you think anakin (aka darth vader by that time) would have tried to find him as leverage in getting his kidnapped son back from obi-wan? i say that obi-wan just "said" owen was his brother, like he "said" owen was luke's uncle.

alternative hypothesis. owen isn't the relative, but the inlaw. could he have married beru kenobi??

Old Post Jul 13th, 2000 05:52 PM
Minok

Re: half brothers

Maybe Shmi's maiden name is Lars, making Owen Lukes great uncle or Beru is Anakins half sister born after he leaves Tatooine and Qui-Gon is Beru's father as a result of that night at Shmi's in E1.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2000 02:43 AM
Xizor

I liked the idea mentioned that Owen is an adopted son of Schmi. When Anakin returns to save his mom she is killed(probably by the new sith apprentice with Fett's assistance), he ends up saving from slavery and befriending Owen. Both feed off each others anger at Schmi's death, and Owen can tell Ani what became of Schmi in the years after Ani left. Owen goes with Anakin on business at Coruscant. Owen tolerates the strict older Obi-wan but he creates a rift in OB1 and Ani's friendship. Owen meets Beru on Coruscant. Beru is a friend of Bail's from Alderann, kind and loving the two hit it off. Owen is prominent during OB1 and Anakin's deterierating friendship, fun loving and laid back Owen is horrified to see Anakins transition to Darth Vader. Somehow Darth must be under the impression Owen is killed, Owen is traumatized and retreats to Tatooine to be a farmer and never get involved. Obi-Wan and Owen were never friends but OB1 asks Owen and Beru who can't have children to raise Luke, telling him that they are his Aunt and Uncle. Vader thinks Owen is dead and Obi-Wan retreats nearby to observe Luke.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2000 04:10 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Heinous

Master Qui-Gon Jinn would NEVER have sex with Shmi

Why are you SO adament that Qui-Gon Jinn should be involved with Shmi Skywalker? He was ONLY trying to find out more about Anakin and be friendly. He was NOT romantically interested in her.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2000 05:59 PM
KJ
Sausages

Re: Master Qui-Gon Jinn would NEVER have sex with Shmi

Owen Lars is Obi-Wans brother. If you read the script for ROTJ it tells you. The scene where Obi-Wan explains everything to Luke on Degobah has Obi-Wan telling Luke this.He also says a lot of other stuff but most of it was cut out in the final film. You can get the script from lots of web sites.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2000 03:06 PM
Moff Tarkin

Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan was born on Coruscant or so I always thought.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2000 09:32 PM
Xizor

Where's the evidence to that Moff?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2000 12:55 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

I dunno about him being born on Coruscant, I think he was indefinitely born in the Core Worlds.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2000 05:52 AM
KJ
Sausages

I've never heard of the Coruscant thing before either, but I did read a fan script which said he was from Concard Dawn where Boba Fett was supposed to be from.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2000 07:16 PM
dkcmslim

obi wan

do you think kenobi will ever get romantically involved at any point in the next 2 movies?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2000 01:16 AM
Xizor

Re: obi wan

I don't see romance in Ob1's future. I think that a large part of Anakin's anger will be centered around his forbidden love of Amidala. Forbidden because Jedi's are celibate. Being the good Jedi he is Ob1 won't have any problems with this.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2000 03:33 AM