KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Mon Mothma

Mon Mothma
Started by: Xizor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Xizor

Mon Mothma

How do you think this Senator from Chandrilla will fit into the plotline in Ep2? Will she have a major or minor role? Who will play her and what pushes her into hating Palpatine and creating the alliance. I cast my vote for Catherine McCormick to play A Mothma in her early 30's.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Lady Organa and Mon Mothma can't be played by the same actors smile Anyways her role will have to be prominent during and after the Clone Wars, but I doubt we'll see her before.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:20 PM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

UBH, I changed my mind about the McCormick thing in the Organa site. I hope we see Mothma vehemently against cloning, and we see her arguing/gaining support against Palpy in the senate.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:23 PM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

I don't think the Clone Wars will start as a discussion. It is probably going to be secret like the Battle of Naboo.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:24 PM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

My vote would also go to Catherine McCormack. Mothma should be a politician who suspects that Palpatine isn't what he seems. I think Palpatine will try to kill her but she escapes and starts the Rebellion against the Empire in Ep3. I don't think she should have that big a role. Maybe the same screen time as Boss Nass had in TPM.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:37 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Oh, I totally agree with that, Palpatine sets it all up on Mandalore and has C'Baoth and other Dark Jedi guard it. Once the senate learns of this however and the war starts, big eruptions go on in the senate. Palpatine is obviously for it, as he plans on building the military force that starts his Empire through clones. Perhaps senators like Bail and Mothma forsee this and blast Palpatine for it in the senate.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:40 PM
tainted one

sorry xizor, i never saw this post. i'll go delete mine above since it was along these same lines. i think it would be cool if Caroline Blakiston returned to the role. here is what i wrote above:

"where is mon motha? is she in the senate during E I?

i hope she has some kind of role in II and III. she is far too important to the rise of the rebellion to leave out. the time she got in VI was not enough if you asked me. anyway, i hope she is appearing in the next two. who do you think should play her character? it would be nice if they could cast Caroline Blakiston to return to the role as they have done with Ian McDiarmid (but they would have to make her look a bit
younger)."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 01:43 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Yes, Mon Mothma should be in Ep. II and III. Also Tainted One, your grammar is atrocious.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 09:45 AM
Dim
Creativity

I think 2's kind of up in the air, but I think she'll definately be in 3...And they'll have someone fairly young play her. With the amount of cheap talent in Australia there's no real reason to go with an older actress.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 09:58 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

She has to have some sort of political influence and input on what's going on with the Clone Wars, and how they should proceed with fighting, what strategies they should use, and most importantly, WHO they should use.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 10:05 AM
Dim
Creativity

If she is in 2 I think it will be just to show her circulating that manifesto that she wrote so that Lucas can demostrate the opposition to what Palpatine is doing in the Senate.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 10:22 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Nah, see has to have some apprehensible grasp over the senate's decisions, therefore she has "some" impact on how the wars are handled.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 10:24 AM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

MM better be in Ep2, I don;t know what it would be like without her.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 10:30 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

It would be like an OT movie without Chewbacca. *shudders*

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 10:31 AM
Dim
Creativity

I never cared about Chewbacca. He was a non-entity to me...

I would think that Mon Mothma would be the one person from OT that they HAVE to have in the prequels.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 10:58 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

You don't like Chewbacca!?!?!?! Get out! j/k smile

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 11:16 AM
Dim
Creativity

But I loooooove Ewoks...smile

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 11:34 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Oh, alright, you lil' Engel.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 12:03 PM
Dim
Creativity

smile

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 12:23 PM
UnknownBountyHunter

Ah!, so you know what Engel means?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 12:33 PM