KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » 418 days, what will u do to prepare?

418 days, what will u do to prepare?
Started by: Dim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dim
Creativity

418 days, what will u do to prepare?

Author Comment
DarthBorgie
Jedi Padawan
(3/29/01 10:08:30 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All 418 days, what will u do to prepare?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, the big question today is, who will you prepare for Ep.II coming? (very vague, very open for discussion, probably very stupid)

NOTE-I have low self-esteem

finti
Jedi Master
(3/29/01 10:12:55 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: 418 days, what will u do to prepare?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who I will prepare? I think queeq mqke a fine dish
All I can do is wait

finti
is unavoidable, he is your destiny

Ushgarak
Jedi Knight
(3/29/01 10:15:13 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: 418 days, what will u do to prepare?
Heck, it's even longer in the bloody UK, and you have to spend two motnhs with your ears closed.
Well, I'll concentrate on being published in the meanwhile.

koreanknight
Jedi Padawan
(3/29/01 10:23:27 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del ......
well what can we do?
except wait
we ve been waiting more then a yr so all we gotta do it wait bout another yr

thats all we gotta do

jedi212guy
Jedi Padawan
(3/29/01 10:28:11 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: ......

Well, in about 6 months they should release a poster like they did for Epi I. That should tide me over for a while. In about another 3 months after that, maybe we'll start seeing some previews for it at other movies. I am just trying to be patient.

Edna witch
Jedi Padawan
(3/29/01 10:28:35 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Thats going to be annoying. I will have to leave the board or a couple of months after it comes out in the US and before it comes out over here as you american guys will be talking about it all the time and Iwont want you to spoil it for me.

jedi212guy
Jedi Padawan
(3/29/01 10:35:20 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: ...

You could always come over to America to see the movie. That wouldn't cost that much, would it? How much is it worth to you to see it opening night?

Edna witch
Jedi Padawan
(3/29/01 10:37:09 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Well it would cost atleast 400 pound for a return flight. Thats just over 600 dollars I think. I cant afford that. Im a poor student!

Ushgarak
Jedi Knight
(3/29/01 10:39:43 pm)
Us European people will have to set up some form of safe buffer zone in the forum. I'm sure we can do it.

EITHER THAT or we set up some form of group-financed mass trip to the States. I have relatives out there, and we all have friends...

Edna witch
Jedi Padawan
(3/29/01 10:42:07 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Well I have an uncle in Texas. And a friend in california.

DarthBorgie
Jedi Padawan
(3/30/01 12:53:36 am)
So America does have its advantages...

(sorry about the typo in the begining, don't hate me forever)

finti
Jedi Master
(3/30/01 7:37:30 am)
No
finti
is unavoidable, he is your destiny

DJ Velocity
Jedi Padawan
(3/30/01 10:12:28 am)
It really p***es me off when we have to wait about 3 f***in' decades before we can see a movie. I heard something about them trying to do away with it and have an international release date were everyone sees it at the same time. It would make sense, because UK fans have to spend about 6 months in solitude before they can go and see it.

I really did hear that, its not like my Snoop, John Woo, Jar Jar, Eminem, rumour.

mechmoggy
Jedi Padawan
(3/30/01 2:54:14 pm)
If any of you American's fancy putting me up for a few days when it comes out I'm absolutly no trouble at all. You'd hardly know I'm there and all I need is a litter tray and an old scruffy jumper to sleep on. Send your invites to cheekyenglishlad.co.uk. Ta.
" I'll be careful"

"You'll be dead!"

jedi212guy
Jedi Padawan
(3/30/01 7:36:10 pm)

I can't do it. I'm nothing but a poor college student. I hope you all find a way here in the US. Good luck!

Edna witch
Jedi Padawan
(3/31/01 9:48:05 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Nope I think we will have to have a different vewing in each country. Us Britts could meet up in Lonon like Ush suggested. I would be up for it!

Ushgarak
Jedi Knight
(3/31/01 11:32:02 pm)
Ok, certainly a go forth on that one. I can spend the intervening time trying to decode your many and myriad mysteries, my dear...

JediOasis
Jedi Knight
(3/31/01 11:42:35 pm)
Schoolwork, lots and lots of schoolwork. College is too dang hard.
"Are you feeling stupid? I know I am,"-Homer J. Simpson

Raz
Jedi Council Member
(4/1/01 12:37:57 am)
I don't know if you guys are aware of this article from TFN, which suggests that there will be a worldwide release at the same time:
Quote:
Current plans are to release EPISODE 2 theatrically throughout the whole world AT THE SAME TIME, including the "backwater" territories. This doesn't mean the premiere will take place at the same day in all the countries, but it should be from several days up to several weeks after the U.S. premiere.
Obviously, this can still change (for example if the movie falls behind the schedule and cannot be dubbed into all languages in time), but the "ONE RELEASE" is what Lucas and Fox recently agreed to.

"I bring you good news, my lord.
The war has begun."
-Count Dooku (Ep2)

jedi212guy
Jedi Padawan
(4/1/01 12:43:52 am)

That would be soooooo cool!

Ushgarak
Jedi Knight
(4/1/01 12:48:24 am)
That's good. Expect a week's delay to London if it goes ahead.

Films are crazy on scheduling, sometimes. Momento came out in the UK months BEFORE the US, for no readily apparent reason. Bloody great film, that...
Author Comment
DarthBorgie
Jedi Padawan
(4/1/01 1:02:05 am)
An international release date would a great thing for everyone. I would love to see everyone in the US!

Ushgarak
Jedi Knight
(4/1/01 1:18:51 am)
It would be nice, but... so hard...

Dim
Jedi Council Member
(4/1/01 1:52:03 pm)
Aw...nothing that can't be done with a little planning..

Ushgarak
Jedi Knight
(4/1/01 2:11:26 pm)
And this forum would be real quiet while we were all out there...

Dim
Jedi Council Member
(4/1/01 2:25:02 pm)
eh..it'd be worth it.

Ushgarak
Jedi Knight
(4/1/01 2:35:33 pm)
Well, I'll keep testing the water then.

Ratcat
Jedi Council Member
(4/1/01 2:44:03 pm)
Didn't I suggest this back in January????

And as Dim said, ANYTHING can be done with a little planning.

I'm definately planning to try and do this, though things chnage and it might not be practical. We'll see.

Ushgarak
Jedi Knight
(4/1/01 2:45:38 pm)
Believe it or not, I wasn't here in January... for all practical purposes, anyway.

Ratcat
Jedi Council Member
(4/1/01 3:47:14 pm)
Oh I know, I was leaping on you. Just that great minds think alike.

Not sure how many people would do it. I know that Dim thought it was good idea, and I think Raz did too.

Maybe we should look at doing something. Still a long way to go yet though.

Edna witch
Jedi Padawan
(4/1/01 4:33:03 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Mystery? Me? I am exactly whom I appear to be! Well OK in real life Im not actually a witch and my name isnt Edna but apart from that...!

Ratcat
Jedi Council Member
(4/1/01 5:09:05 pm)
Well that's good, cos in real life I'm not a Rat or a Cat and I'm not called RC!

And as for Dim, well she's...

Gundark
Mayhem
[Jedi Council Member]
(4/1/01 8:25:08 pm)
If you call her a silly cow again, RC...it'll be the end for you !

TO COMMENT ON TOPIC !!!!! I'm doing nothing in particular to prepare except the usual. Talk to my brother about it all the time and drive Tommy up the wall.

jedi212guy
Jedi Padawan
(4/1/01 9:44:18 pm)

I dream about Star Wars at least once a week to prepare.

DarthBorgie
Jedi Padawan
(4/1/01 9:53:53 pm)
only once? Come'on 212, you come here more then that...

Ushgarak
Jedi Knight
(4/2/01 1:04:23 am)
I NEVER dream Star Wars. Annoying, really, I do enough other sci-fi.

Edna witch
Jedi Padawan
(4/2/01 9:21:35 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
I always deam Star Wars. Is that weird?

Ratcat
Jedi Council Member
(4/2/01 9:40:43 am)
Gundy, you'd be surprised at what I can bet away with. But I wasn't going to call her any kind of bovine.

Clarity, I seek clarity...

Edna witch
Jedi Padawan
(4/2/01 9:56:36 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
Well you cant have it!

queeq
Chaos
[Jedi Council Member]
(4/2/01 6:58:58 pm)
Brutal witch you.

I expect we'll have an international release. Sounds good to me, but I'll miss watching the bootleg on my computer as I did last time.

Dim
Jedi Council Member
(4/3/01 4:53:47 am)
You need to start saving for a little family vacation to the states!...
Author Comment
queeq
Chaos
[Jedi Council Member]
(4/3/01 9:03:38 am)
No can do Dimmy. Resources are limited and travelling with little kids over such distances doesn't sound very endearing. Nope, if your planning goes well, you'll have to do without queeq. But at least RC will attend then.

Ratcat
Jedi Council Member
(4/3/01 10:38:56 am)
Well, things change, who knows what people will be doing by then? I'm beginning to think I might have overdone the whole Star Wars thing now.

Dim
Jedi Council Member
(4/3/01 1:42:12 pm)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Snap out of it RC!!!

Ratcat
Jedi Council Member
(4/3/01 2:08:47 pm)
Yes Dear...

queeq
Chaos
[Jedi Council Member]
(4/3/01 4:09:43 pm)
Oh I know. Well, pretty much. Guess I'll just find the time to do the midgnight showing of Ep2.

Dim
Jedi Council Member
(4/4/01 8:01:12 am)
You'd better...or I'll be terribly, terribly disappointed!

Lestat
Jedi Padawan
(4/4/01 11:20:09 am)
Ive already got my tent set up outside my local multiplex.......just in case.....

queeq
Chaos
[Jedi Council Member]
(4/4/01 4:54:47 pm)
Well, midnight pre-premiere showing is basically a given. No one takes that one away from me. Besides, they're all asleep.

Ratcat
Jedi Council Member
(4/4/01 6:04:26 pm)
Hmmm, well obviously.

Dim
Jedi Council Member
(4/5/01 7:27:47 am)
Very true, queeq...

I still think it's sad if we don't atleast try to get together for this...

Ratcat
Jedi Council Member
(4/5/01 8:18:18 am)
Yeah, we could emotionally brain @#%$ the whole forum THAT way.

queeq
Chaos
[Jedi Council Member]
(4/5/01 12:48:08 pm)
Brain what?

Anyway, you should try if you want to. But it will not be very chaotic.

Ratcat
Jedi Council Member
(4/5/01 4:36:35 pm)
The word I was looking for rhymed with DUCK!

Ushgarak
Jedi Master
(4/5/01 6:18:04 pm)
Edna here? No. Good. Carry on, RC.

Ratcat
Jedi Council Member
(4/5/01 6:22:03 pm)
So, back to this premier idea.

Return flight to NY, NY is about £570.00.
Hotel room per night. Anything from £30.00 upwards.
Then it's juts food/ticket/popcorn and taxi's

DarthBorgie
Jedi Padawan
(4/5/01 10:13:47 pm)
Possible?

Ushgarak
Jedi Master
(4/5/01 10:57:34 pm)
Maybe iof we cut the popcorn

Well, unless my career takes off in the next 12 months, then I have NO resources at all.

Darth Pants
Jedi Padawan
(4/5/01 11:20:36 pm)
For the next 418 - (number of days since this message was posted), I'm going to go to the toilet constantly. I'm not going to drink anything from now, I will NOT have another lightsabre battle ruined by that tiny part of my brain that recognises the need to urinate violently from the landing on Tatooine onwards, caused by anxiously drinking about 2 pints of Sprite in anticipation of the film starting. I suggest you people do the same.

Ushgarak
Jedi Master
(4/5/01 11:22:19 pm)
OW! Unlucky. Thanks for the tip.

queeq
Chaos
[Jedi Council Member]
(4/6/01 3:14:36 pm)
Come and watch it in Holland with me then. There are breaks in the middle of the movie here. Time for a wee wee and to get a new Sprite.

Author Comment
Ratcat
Jedi Council Member
(4/6/01 4:32:48 pm)
Everyone to Holland? Careful what you suggest, people might take you up on it and you never know who could turn up.

phinney6
Jedi Padawan
(4/6/01 5:34:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del ha ha
I have not been here in awhile, and I bet u guys missed me didn't u, i know you did.

Dim
Jedi Council Member
(4/7/01 5:19:11 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: ha ha
Hehehehe...Everyone has to experience phinney..

phinney6
Jedi Padawan
(4/7/01 9:23:44 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del hehe
What does that mean???? You guys did miss me right????

Dim
Jedi Council Member
(4/8/01 1:45:55 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: hehe
Of Course!!

Ushgarak
Jedi Master
(4/8/01 1:49:39 pm)
Um... I'd miss you if I remembered you... never mind, we've got together in the bar now...

Dim
Jedi Council Member
(4/8/01 1:58:31 pm)
That sounds just oh so cozy..

Ushgarak
Jedi Master
(4/8/01 2:02:51 pm)
Blimey, you're just like RC... well, you're all wonderful people, that's all I can say.

Ratcat
Jedi Council Member
(4/8/01 2:31:50 pm)
Hehe, Dimmy just like me huh.... Maybe we should just move in together Dim?

Ushgarak
Jedi Master
(4/8/01 2:34:07 pm)
Eh up! That's direct... and now the camera pans around to Dim...

Dim
Jedi Council Member
(4/8/01 2:39:34 pm)
*looks at RC*
*looks at the camera*
*runs away*

Ushgarak
Jedi Master
(4/8/01 2:40:32 pm)
Yeah, I never get a straight answer either...

darth fester
Jedi Padawan
(4/9/01 4:47:29 pm)
i saw the trailer for episode 2 last august i downloaded it from a site called scour has anyone else seen it

Ushgarak
Jedi Master
(4/9/01 5:05:47 pm)
When you say 'trailer', what do you mean? Becuase there hans't been a proper one yet.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2001 12:36 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hey fester, you've been fooled. That trailer is fake, it's fan art. Very well done fake, but it is fake.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2001 08:06 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hey! He posted explaining what it was, and I posted telling him it was fake. Where has that bit gone?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 11th, 2001 12:16 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Maybe it got left behind in the rush to evacuate. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 11th, 2001 09:41 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I did not leave it!...it's there...somewhere laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 11th, 2001 12:11 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yeah, I had a t-shirt like that once.....

Old Post Apr 11th, 2001 02:42 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth fester
jay & silent bobs friend

thats weird i posted that message about 3 days ago and its just came up

must be the dark side

hey hey ive got a 3 year old son whos getting seriously in to star wars so i will spend the next year buying lots of toys and having light sabre fights

hes already calling jar jar =jar jar stinks smile

Old Post Apr 12th, 2001 04:40 AM
Click here to Send darth fester a Private Message Find more posts by darth fester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Poor kid. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 13th, 2001 01:29 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Wait until you get to take him to see the film at the cinema and he wants to go the loo right as the sabre battle starts!!!

Old Post Apr 13th, 2001 03:43 PM
Dim
Creativity

awwwww..parenthood laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 14th, 2001 03:11 AM
Ratcat

Yeah, it comes to most of us in one shape or another....

Old Post Apr 14th, 2001 09:15 AM
darth fester
jay & silent bobs friend

yeah i cant wait till next year
hell be old enough to go to the cinema

me and him play droidworks on the pc
hes very good

he walks around like a robot and says his name is
rr rr

he cracks me up

Old Post Apr 14th, 2001 09:18 AM
Click here to Send darth fester a Private Message Find more posts by darth fester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Are you going to have his first "big kid" movie that you take him to be EP2?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2001 06:30 PM
Ratcat

That's a cool thing to be able to do. Episode-I was the first proper movie I took Ben too. Looking forward to seeing II & III with him as well.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2001 06:56 PM