KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Attention all gamers with non-working blue discs!

Attention all gamers with non-working blue discs!
Started by: Jedi Shmedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

Attention all gamers with non-working blue discs!

This is your friendly gamer Jedi Shmedi with some important info for all of you gamers who's PS2 and PS1 blue discs don't work. eek!

An article published by this months Gamepro mag. said that all you have to do to get your non-working blue disc to work is as follows.

-Take two pieces of Scotch tape about an inch long and place them on the label side (the "top") of the disc as close as you can to the center without covering any of the whole. Make sure they are parallel to each other (one on one side of the whole and the other directly across from it on the other side of the hole) so it kind of looks like an H.

That's all there is to it. I didn't believe it when I first heard it but those 2 pieces enhance the grip on the disc and presto! Your non-working blue disc should now work properly. If it doesn't, oh well, at least you
tried. big grin

Let me know if this worked or not.

Last edited by Jedi Shmedi on Dec 11th, 2003 at 11:23 PM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 11:08 PM
Jedi Shmedi is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Shmedi a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Shmedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Great tip....
I think Scotch tape should be included free with every purchase of a PS2.

What a piece of crap! thumb down
To pay $200 and then to have to molest your games to get them to play!

Very NES circa 1984!
laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 01:04 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

blink What games are on a blue disc...?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 02:20 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

pretty much all Ps2 games. atleast mine are all blue

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 02:40 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boxofdeath
Restricted

Account Restricted

no! dont do it! i did this on one of my blue discs (ssx i think it was) and as soon as i pushed the reset button, my entire playstation2 exploded. i spread the remains over lake texoma, the childhood home of my playstation2.

r.i.p. ps2 june 14, 2003

gone but not forgotten

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 04:19 AM
boxofdeath is currently offline Click here to Send boxofdeath a Private Message Find more posts by boxofdeath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

What.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 02:35 AM
Jedi Shmedi is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Shmedi a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Shmedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

Yeah I heard that could be bad for the laser. Like if you rent a game and the store puts there logo on top of the CD then it could screw up the alignment of the laser or something. I've only heard this and my friend's PS2 was acting funny until he quit renting games so....... just be careful about that.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 06:18 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

^
Yeah I heard the same thing.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 06:20 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

all my PS2 games are purple they work perfect

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 01:19 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote