KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Violent video games are training children to kill

Are violent video games training children to kill?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, there's millions of future mass-murderers being trained by the videogame industry!! 3 10.71%
No, videogames are pixels. They can relieve anger, but cannot train to kill since controllers don't kill people. 25 89.29%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Violent video games are training children to kill
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Miffed Violent video games are training children to kill

The stupidest argument I've ever seen. Go retaliate to this blatant attack on videogames and over generalization of games! I did... I'm the last post. Videogames cannot and are not training kids to kill. If everyone that bought GTA was a future murderer, we'd all be screwed, that's sold over a million copies.
http://www.heraldnet.com/Stories/03/11/18/17748407.cfm

Last edited by JKozzy on Jan 7th, 2004 at 12:48 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 12:46 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

violent games thumb down

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 12:48 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

Yea, really JKozzy. That is so stupid..... GTA, man, we are SCREWED (if that were true, that argument)! Its just a violent version of fun... nothing to be scared of....
evil face

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 12:52 AM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

It's also fun for another reason: would you rather people massacre innocent ppl in this game on your black consule, or have you actually do it? I rest my case.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 12:55 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

quote:
originally posted by: nazgulinthedark
violent games thumb down

If we didn't have violent games, then we wouldn't be america (for people that live in america)! I love the DOOM series on PC! I have a shitload of extra levels I downloaded from the net and I still haven't played them all.... Violent games is just violent fun!
evil face

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 12:56 AM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

moving...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 12:56 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Violent video games aren't training children to kill! thumb down

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 12:59 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

OMG when will this ppl ever QUIT!!!!! Video Games don't promote violence or killing on anyone. Whoever, behind this BS needs to get a life. VIDEO GAMES ARE A HOBBY NOT A TOOL FOR MURDER!!!!! mad miffed

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:01 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Here here! yes

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:10 AM
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

FINALLY SOMEBODY ELSE WHO LIKSE DOOM!!!! I love Wolfeinstein 3D... the origianl... I make my own Levels / games using the engine. Back On topic, Has Anybody seen The "First person Shooter" Thingy on T.V.? It is about the same thing. eccept with addiction to the P.C.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:22 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

Just think About this: Soon enough the last generation will die off. Giving US aboslute power.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:24 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I consider anyone who says that violent video games train /make / promote real violence a complete retard with very little, or no common sense whatsoever.

They are just people looking for an easy target, a solution that isn't actually valid, as if if we took away all violent games, violence with children would simply go away. It's all nonsense.

Last edited by BackFire on Jan 7th, 2004 at 02:52 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:37 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

I just added my 2 cents...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 02:44 AM
Peach
mordrem

Common sense, people. Playing GTA doesn't make you into a mass-murderer. I play GTA, and no one sees me running around on a killing spree, right? It's all crap. Most people can tell that there's a difference between a game and real life. But I also think that kids (like under 12) should be allowed to play GTA and Doom and games like that...because most kids at that age still don't clearly see the difference between what's reality and what's a game.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 02:58 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Video games dont kill people... Lack of common sense does

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 03:04 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sandman26
old but new

well here's how i look at it violent games cannot tend to give someone killer tenancies BUT if a tenancy is already there i think it can feed it til they do get it into there head enough to do some retarded thing

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 03:58 AM
sandman26 is currently offline Click here to Send sandman26 a Private Message Find more posts by sandman26 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Why is everyone always trying to find a convenient excuse, whatever happend to just being crazy?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 09:00 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

i agree that the joe leiberman's and sam brownback's that make this argument about games and music and all that crap are full of it and just want publicity and to push their own agenda.

however, playstation has a contract with the military where they do make and put out games that train soldiers to kill and really do desensitize them to violence and are full of subliminal messages and that stuff. they are then remade and repackaged for the domestic market. do they leave the subliminal messages in? i don't know but considering the C*%#smokers in the white house right now I wouldn't doubt it.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 09:06 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Games, Music, Films even books all have been used as scape goats to put these type of issues onto.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 09:07 AM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dagons Blade
I'll Take The Job

quote:
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Video games dont kill people... Lack of common sense does

You my friend, have just won the award for the truest and most misunderstood statement in the world-you are 200% correct that irresponsibility kills, be it a gun, a car, whatever.....and for the record,
I am going to turn 41 this year, and I LOVE PC and console gaming, because I was brought up in the dawn of the video game era, and I will probably die like the big kid that I am. Games do NOT kill!

Games, guns, whatever, do not kill-people, and their lack of reality or their lack of responsibilty, are what kills, and while this is true, the people these types hurt more than any other, is themselves......

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 09:47 AM
Dagons Blade is currently offline Click here to Send Dagons Blade a Private Message Find more posts by Dagons Blade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote