KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Cold Fear

Cold Fear
Started by: n00bslayer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
n00bslayer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cold Fear

i was just wonderin if Cold Fear for xbox was a game worth the money? tell me bout it if u can.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 01:46 AM
n00bslayer is currently offline Click here to Send n00bslayer a Private Message Find more posts by n00bslayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

It's a strange game. I'm not sure what to make of it. It owes a lot to the original Resident Evil games, i.e fixed cameras, enemies stalking you, etc. One thing it does bring to the plate is the wave motion generator. When on the outside of the ship the camera constantly tilts and pans as though it is being battered by waves. It is very realistic and I've read of an account of a journalist being seasick after playing this game. How this translates into gameplay is that you have the option to grab hold of railings to stop yourself from being washed overboard and also to steady your aim. Ubisoft talked up the ability to use evironmental traps to off your enemies, however trying to make use of this feature is sometimes more trouble than it's worth.
It's an above average game, but not by much. There is nothing I can remember that was bad about it, the graphics and sound were decent, as was the atmosphere, but I just wasn't wowwed by it. Think of it as "the Thing" at sea without the squad command. I'd recommend it if it was going cheap but probably not at full price.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 02:00 AM
dAngEr_Is_gO! is currently offline Click here to Send dAngEr_Is_gO! a Private Message Find more posts by dAngEr_Is_gO! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
n00bslayer
Restricted

Account Restricted

alright thanks i'll wait till the price drops or rent it.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 02:03 AM
n00bslayer is currently offline Click here to Send n00bslayer a Private Message Find more posts by n00bslayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

the characters are shit, the gameplay is a typical survival horror, and feels very restricted. The graphics are average. If your a nutty bastard for survival horror, then i wouldnt pay anymore than #30. If quality is your big factor in deciding games, then there are better titles out there for you.

Personally the horror genre is my favorite, however icouldnt play this game more than four days before trading it in. It is just so typical and the story is dry. there is entertainment ot be had though.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 02:05 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
n00bslayer
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol this game doesn't sound worth more than 10 bucks.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 02:06 AM
jinXed by JaNx

yeah, it really isnt unless your fanatic about these kinds of games. it does have the over the shoulder camera like resident evil 4 which would have been cool, had they done it right. Many times you dont even know who is attacking you or where from.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 02:08 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
n00bslayer
Restricted

Account Restricted

god that would get annoying

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 02:12 AM
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

So true. The amount of times I got jumped by enemies I couldn't see. Definately rent it first.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 02:13 AM
dAngEr_Is_gO! is currently offline Click here to Send dAngEr_Is_gO! a Private Message Find more posts by dAngEr_Is_gO! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
n00bslayer
Restricted

Account Restricted

so long and good fricken night to that game.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 02:15 AM