KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs Thor

Superman vs Thor
Started by: bakerboy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bakerboy

Superman vs Thor

In your opinion, who would win? the man of steel or the Odin's son? For me , its a very closer battle, they are so equal in power, but if i have to choose one , ill say thor. And your opinions?

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 05:53 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

it already happened in comics, superman was the winner.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 05:57 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rasta

I think they already did battle? I'm not entirely sure, but I think Superman came out the victor. I'm not a massive Thor fan, can anyone give me a small synopsis on his abilities/powers?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 05:57 PM
Rasta is currently offline Click here to Send Rasta a Private Message Find more posts by Rasta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

quote:
Originally posted by Rasta
I think they already did battle? I'm not entirely sure, but I think Superman came out the victor. I'm not a massive Thor fan, can anyone give me a small synopsis on his abilities/powers?

yes, superman won. if you want to know more about thor:

http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/thor.htm

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/t/thor.htm

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 06:02 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Yea also in the recent JLA/Avengers comic issue 36 i think. Superman knocked Thor out.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 06:15 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperDarryl

Superman all the way. Superman is just to much for Thor. Thor is a tough God but The Hulk breaks his foot off in his *** everytime they meet. Think about it, The Incredible Hulk kicks the stuffing out of Thor. And Superman is a bigger bad @ss then The hulk so how in the world is Thor gonna take Supes? this is my point. Debate it discuss it, think about it, and come to the conclusion that Superman will win! evil face

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 06:44 PM
SuperDarryl is currently offline Click here to Send SuperDarryl a Private Message Find more posts by SuperDarryl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

yes superman will probably win i wouldnt say definatley. Hes got that tendancy to hold back on any good guy. wink

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 07:38 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperDarryl

If Superman was enraged enough he could no doubt beat Thor to a bloody pulp and probably end his life. But only if he was pissed like if Thor screwed Lois Lane or something. The we would have a nasty problem.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 08:42 PM
SuperDarryl is currently offline Click here to Send SuperDarryl a Private Message Find more posts by SuperDarryl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

But you guys forget about Thor's enchanted hammer and everyone knows Supes got no defense against magic and in the comic they both kncked each other out, first Thor knocked Supes with the hammer and then Supes beat Thor but in a 3rd round im going with Thor!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 08:55 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Probably Superman.
Superman does have a weakness from kryptonite, but thor is not actually a god, he is just a shapeshifting alien who was manipulated (by the human who took on the persona of Odin) into thinking that he is a god.
Superman may be invunrable, but adamantium is meant to be unbreakable, and thor's hammer smashed a piece of adamantium into pieces

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 09:54 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Thor would win. Most everyone that I have encountered on any NEUTRAL messageboard have agreed that the Superman vs. Thor battle was HORRIBLY written and did not come close to accurately portraying Thor's abilities.

Jesus, Mjolnir could siphon off ALL of Superman's solar reserves. Easily.

And LoL, if you thought SHAZAM'S lightning made Superman look frail...we forget that Superman is vulnerable to magic?

quote:
thor is not actually a god, he is just a shapeshifting alien who was manipulated (by the human who took on the persona of Odin) into thinking that he is a god.

Um, Thor is the Norse God of Thunder. ODIN transformed Thor into Donald Blake as a means of punishing him. I know no humans that have lived for thousands of years, nor do I know of any Asgardian humans. Do you read Thor?

quote:
and thor's hammer smashed a piece of adamantium into pieces

When?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 11:47 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

quote:
Originally posted by Never

When?

Well from what I know he dented a piece of "true" adamantium. it was still a feat but he didnt shatter it or anything

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 08:21 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rasta

Didn't Superman catch the Mjolnir, as stupid as it sounds?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 10:51 AM
Rasta is currently offline Click here to Send Rasta a Private Message Find more posts by Rasta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rasta

quote:
Mjolnir could siphon off ALL of Superman's solar reserves. Easily.

Why? I've no idea about the hammer, and what it can do, so please elaborate.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 10:52 AM
Jamaican

Well they've already done the Thor vs. Superman fight before, and all i can say is that Thor fans are pissed off. They do have the right to be as Mjolnir is magical, and anyone that knows Superman knows that his second weakness is Magic. I do think though, despite the magic powers, that Thor would lose. I don't read Thor/Avengers that much, but the ones that i have, he seldom uses Magic. What i've seen is that he goes and tries to beat the hell out of his opponenet, and if that fails, then call on Mjolnir. And besides, how would he know that Superman is affected by magic? If he does, well good luck Kal-el. If not, Superman can definetely destroy Thor. He may be a God, but he doesn't have the abilities Superman does. And one thing Thor does not have is as smart a brain as Superman. Once he finds out that Mjolnir is his biggest threat, Supes will work on taking Mjolnir away from Thor. Now, if he does that, and he is able to pick up the hammer (which he and Wonder Woman have done in the past), then Thor will no longer look like a God, he will look like an ant...

Info on Mjolnir...
http://users.ev1.net/~peanut/item-mjolnir.html

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 04:14 PM
Jamaican is currently offline Click here to Send Jamaican a Private Message Find more posts by Jamaican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by Never

Um, Thor is the Norse God of Thunder. ODIN transformed Thor into Donald Blake as a means of punishing him. I know no humans that have lived for thousands of years, nor do I know of any Asgardian humans. Do you read Thor?

The origin of the asgardian pantheon is detailed in Universe X, and other publications. Originally (thousands of years ago), a group of powerful shapeshifting aliens landed in an area where people were worshiping the norse gods. The thoughts, beliefs and superstisions of those humans caused the aliens to assume the role of the norse gods in almost every way. The leader of the humans was transformed into Odin, and convinced the aliens to believe that they were actually the norse gods, and they have believed it ever since.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 05:12 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

quote:
Originally posted by Jamaican
Well they've already done the Thor vs. Superman fight before, and all i can say is that Thor fans are pissed off. They do have the right to be as Mjolnir is magical, and anyone that knows Superman knows that his second weakness is Magic. I do think though, despite the magic powers, that Thor would lose. I don't read Thor/Avengers that much, but the ones that i have, he seldom uses Magic. What i've seen is that he goes and tries to beat the hell out of his opponenet, and if that fails, then call on Mjolnir. And besides, how would he know that Superman is affected by magic? If he does, well good luck Kal-el.

Wouldnt you think that Thor would try magic or anything else after he was getting beat on. I know if I was losing a fight, i'd try every resource I had before i'd lay down.

He may be a God, but he doesn't have the abilities Superman does.

Besides shooting heat lasers from his eyes and speed, what is Thor lacking? Granted, speed is a big factor, but Thor does posses a magic hammer and control of thunder and lightening (we all remember what Shazams magical lightening did to Superman, right?). I'd say it evens out.

And one thing Thor does not have is as smart a brain as Superman. Once he finds out that Mjolnir is his biggest threat, Supes will work on taking Mjolnir away from Thor.

This maybe true, but I think hundreds of years of battle experience for Thor may even this out some.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 05:41 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rasta

What the **** is up with everyone and their poor quoting skills?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 05:45 PM
Rasta

quote:
Wouldnt you think that Thor would try magic or anything else after he was getting beat on. I know if I was losing a fight, i'd try every resource I had before i'd lay down.

You're not Thor. Do not even put yourself in the equation.

quote:
Besides shooting heat lasers from his eyes and speed

Speed? That's a huge factor. I thought Thor possessed incredible speeds such as Superman. That's a massive advantage.

quote:
Granted, speed is a big factor

Glad you agree noodle.

quote:
but Thor does posses a magic hammer and control of thunder and lightening

Lol?! I think you're mistaken, what on earth is thunder going to do?

quote:
(we all remember what Shazams magical lightening did to Superman, right?)

Negative, that was magic.

quote:
This maybe true, but I think hundreds of years of battle experience for Thor may even this out some.

As does Superman. He has a hell of a lot of Battle experience.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 05:49 PM
tkitna

quote:
Originally posted by Rasta
What the **** is up with everyone and their poor quoting skills?

Here's a quote for you Rasta, "Blow Me"! Was that ok?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 05:50 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote