KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » M. Night Shyamalan [merged]

M. Night Shyamalan [merged]
Started by: 113

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eat My Ass

M. Night Shamaylan

Anyone know what his next project is and when it's going to come out?

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 04:04 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

he's doing a movie called "the woods" it's comming out in 2004 i believe. Hope for many more movies from this guy. He's a supurb story teller/movie maker

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 07:29 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

That he is. A director with some original insight is just what hollywood needs.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 10:04 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CarlEnnui
Prophesized Ankou

Early rumors said he was working on the next superman also. But I just checked Movies.com and somebody new is doing it :/

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 10:45 AM
CarlEnnui is currently offline Click here to Send CarlEnnui a Private Message Find more posts by CarlEnnui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

Can't wait for another movie from him! What's your fave that he's done? Mine is Unbreakable, but my husband's is Signs.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 07:19 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
buffymitch
Colossus

It's not called the woods anymore. It's now the village. the cast is
Judy Greer
Bryce Dallas Howard
William Hurt
Joaquin Phoenix
Jayne Atkinson,
Adrien Brody
Brendan Gleason,
Cherry Jones,
Fran Kranz
Ashton Kutcher
Michael Pitt
Sigourney Weaver
Celia Weston

Premise

Set in rural Pennsylvania in 1897, this is the story of the small village of Covington (population 60) surrounded by a woods inhabited by a race of "mythical creatures," and the romance that blossoms between Kitty (Greer), the daughter of the town's leader (Hurt), and Lucius (Phoenix), a young man who questions the policy of keeping Covington's citizens completely confined to the village.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 07:53 PM
buffymitch is currently offline Click here to Send buffymitch a Private Message Find more posts by buffymitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

The name of his new movie has been changed to The village (there's a movie coming out in 2004 called The woods, with Bruce Campbel (sp)).
It's set to come out in 2004. Plot Outline: Set in 1897, "The Village" tells the story of a close-knit community with a mythical race of creatures residing in the woods around them.
Credited cast:
Joaquin Phoenix .... Lucius Hunt
Bryce Howard .... Ivy Walker
William Hurt .... Edward Walker
Sigourney Weaver .... Alice Hunt
Adrien Brody .... Noah Percy
Judy Greer .... Kitty Walker

Cant wait to see another Night movie and to top that Adrien Brody is in it big grin

My fave is the Sixth sense.
I liked the idea for Unbreakable but the pace of the movie is kinda boring messed Could have been better.
I enjoyed the Signs. The story is quite good.Was disappointed with the ending thou. The scene at the house with the Alien messed

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 07:53 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

I love how he had Bruce Willis in his first two. Now he'll have Joaquin Phoenix in his 3rd & 4th. Kinda overlapping actors/movies. Interesting.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 08:01 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I thought Signs was his masterpiece, the only one of his movies that didn't completely rely on the ending.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 08:27 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

The man is a genious!!!

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 08:45 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fanatos
Artificial Intelligence

Ow yes, Night's movies are extraordinary.
I am little surprised to see the cast list that doesn't include him as well. big grin He always stars in his movies.
My fave is "The Sixth Sense" 4 sure, you know why (look at my sig or avatar).
"Unbreakable" was great too. Especially the soundtrack (by J.N.H.).
But I can't say the same about "Signs". I didn't get the ending, it was not what I expected, it was too simple, uninteresting, to me.

I see your face with every punch I take,
And every bone I break - it's all for you!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 10:41 PM
fanatos is currently offline Click here to Send fanatos a Private Message Find more posts by fanatos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

He's my favorite director right now
and my favorite was Signs
then unbreakable...i'm unable to enjoy the sixth sense because my friend ruined the ending for me when it came out...what a bastard

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 01:33 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Haha been there too mate. Dont ya just wanna wring their necks.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 01:54 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
buffymitch
Colossus

I agree with fanatos. Sixth sense and ubreakable were two of the best thrillers i have ever seen. But i was not amused with signs. When i saw the poster for the movie i thought that it would be a great alien movie but it to me it was tatlly something else

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 11:00 PM
buffymitch is currently offline Click here to Send buffymitch a Private Message Find more posts by buffymitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Bf i see you said that signs diddnt rely totally on the ending. How can you say that? The whole movie lead up to a totally un predictable ending, everything from the girl thinking the water was contamanated to the boy's asma. I think if he has one movie that doesnt rely on the ending it would be unbreakable. The ending to that movie was just an extra bonus. Even if he wasnt being persued by Mr.Glass the movie would still have been just has suspensfull and well rounded.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 02:19 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrGlass
Peanut

The Village Trailer

It looks interesting, its probably going to be another hit for shyamalan.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 09:50 PM
MrGlass is currently offline Click here to Send MrGlass a Private Message Find more posts by MrGlass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guitar13radley2

Smile

Is There a Book that goes along with M. Night Shyamalan "The Village"?????????

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 05:36 PM
guitar13radley2 is currently offline Click here to Send guitar13radley2 a Private Message Find more posts by guitar13radley2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guitar13radley2

"The Village" M. Night!!!

Does anyone know if there is a Book that was published for the Movie "The Village" coming out this summer?????

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 05:37 PM
guitar13radley2 is currently offline Click here to Send guitar13radley2 a Private Message Find more posts by guitar13radley2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quantass

It's revealed that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the creatures are really just human beings of "modern day" (2004 era) coming to the village, while the people of the "Village" are the ones stuck in their old fashioned 19th century fabrication made up by the John Hurst character of the film ... It's a flick about People afraid of change ... beyond the forest is modern society of today. John Hurst's character is the one who kills the animals and puts blood on the doors (as seen in the trailer) so that the people of the village believe that creatures really exist when in fact they dont. From the last revision of the script.

Happy Dance Hope this helps Happy Dance

Last edited by Kes on Apr 11th, 2004 at 01:58 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 07:23 AM
quantass is currently offline Click here to Send quantass a Private Message Find more posts by quantass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Is that a spoiler or general knowledge? I'm going to be angry if thats the twist in the movie.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 11:41 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote