KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » POTC Saves The Day

POTC Saves The Day
Started by: Miss_bishie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Miss_bishie
Guilty and Lonly

POTC Saves The Day

Movie Inspires Young Hero
BURLINGTON CITY, NJ-May 4, 2004 — A scene from the movie, "The Pirates of the Caribbean" and a plastic play picnic table inspired a local youngster to save a friend's life.

_VIDEO: Monica Malpass reports

Ronnie Grant (left) / Nick Ridolfi (right)
Monday night, 11-year-old Nick Ridolfi received a special honor at his school, Saint Paul's in Burlington City, for saving the live of Ronnie Grant. Ronnie was swinging from a knotted rope on Nick's backyard swing set when the rope got caught around Ronnie's neck.

Ronnie Grant/accident victim: "I thought I was going to die."
That's when Nick recalled this scene in "The Pirates of the Caribbean" movie in which something is used to keep Johnnie Depp's character from hanging. Nick found a play picnic table nearby.

Nick Ridolfi/11-year-old: "I got the table, pulled it over there. Picked him up and put him on the table and tried to untangle it."
Nick's mother, by the way, cut down the rope immediately after the near tragedy.

(Copyright 2004 by WPVI-TV 6. All rights reserved.)

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 11:28 PM
Miss_bishie is currently offline Click here to Send Miss_bishie a Private Message Find more posts by Miss_bishie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el-pirate
pissed

OMG, johnny insired a kid to save someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love him even more (if that is ever possible )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 01:19 PM
el-pirate is currently offline Click here to Send el-pirate a Private Message Find more posts by el-pirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimoneDepp
But why's the rum gone?

wooow!!!! thats woooow!! yay!!!

love JOHNNY D KICKS A$$ love

love Als Daniel Radcliffe en Johnny Depp niet lekker zijn dan zou ik niet weten wie wel. love

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 04:45 PM
SimoneDepp is currently offline Click here to Send SimoneDepp a Private Message Find more posts by SimoneDepp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ace Face 0

yea I saw that like a month or two ago...I'm like spaz spaz spaz and the swing set the kid almost died on had a sign on it that said pirates cove I'm like heart...I want to date that kid...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 06:37 PM
ace Face 0 is currently offline Click here to Send ace Face 0 a Private Message Find more posts by ace Face 0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PsychoFreeak

I LUV JOHNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 02:02 PM
PsychoFreeak is currently offline Click here to Send PsychoFreeak a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoFreeak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

aaaawwwww........this proves something once and for all......

JOHNNY DEPP RULES!!!!!!!loveHappy Danceeek!love

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 04:08 PM
Anoushka is currently offline Click here to Send Anoushka a Private Message Find more posts by Anoushka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ace Face 0

yes thats exactly what it proves...exactly

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 07:52 PM
ace Face 0 is currently offline Click here to Send ace Face 0 a Private Message Find more posts by ace Face 0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
«§hõnknêss»

JOHNNY DEPP IS MORE THAN JUST RULZ!!!!!!!!!!! Thats just so.....*faint*

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You see, when we left Jack, marooned on the ship with a cuffed wrist and a hungry kraken, we forgot one very important thing mate-he's Captain Jack Sparrow... savvy?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2004 10:44 AM
«§hõnknêss» is currently offline Click here to Send «§hõnknêss» a Private Message Find more posts by «§hõnknêss» Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

*Cough*

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2004 01:06 PM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
«§hõnknêss»

Shud up U

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You see, when we left Jack, marooned on the ship with a cuffed wrist and a hungry kraken, we forgot one very important thing mate-he's Captain Jack Sparrow... savvy?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2004 01:09 PM
«§hõnknêss» is currently offline Click here to Send «§hõnknêss» a Private Message Find more posts by «§hõnknêss» Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain's Wench
Queen of da swashbucklers

mee to i love johnny too!! *makes sure hubby orlando's not listening*

www.myspace.com/ilovechristofer

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 06:25 AM
Captain's Wench is currently offline Click here to Send Captain's Wench a Private Message Find more posts by Captain's Wench Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
«§hõnknêss»

LOL *c's hubby orlando cryin in cornor* Er...I don't think he herd u

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 10:33 AM
Animalia1287

I'm sorry I love Johnny Depp too, but I have to say this: it was really Orlando's character that saved Johnny's character in the movie, and makes Orlando's character the one that inspired the saving. Though, really it's whoever wrote the script to POTC. The whole movie was great and the kid watched it and did something from it to save a friend's life. That's good enough for me.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 07:43 PM
Animalia1287 is currently offline Click here to Send Animalia1287 a Private Message Find more posts by Animalia1287 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain's Wench

wow...thats true!!! never thought of that...mabye i should think more?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 07:38 AM
Captain's Wench is currently offline Click here to Send Captain's Wench a Private Message Find more posts by Captain's Wench Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
«§hõnknêss»

me 2

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 11:00 AM
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

me 3

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 12:31 PM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain's Wench

wow we had a chain reaction going on!!!!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 12:33 AM
«§hõnknêss»

EEEK

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 02:01 AM
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

YEaa

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 08:25 AM
«§hõnknêss»

EEEK Ugly person above me
*hides*

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 09:03 AM