KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Are All Rpg Features Becoming The Same

Are All Rpg Features Becoming The Same
Started by: legion-u

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
legion-u
fire is good for you

Are All Rpg Features Becoming The Same

OK IVE BEEN PLAYING RPG'S OF ABOUT TEN YEARS AND I GOTTA SAY GUYS RPGS ARE STARTING TO LOSE IT BUT IM STILL LOYAL OK. THE KINDA OF RPGS THAT I PLAY ARE STARTING TO BECOME THE SAME WITH SOME EXPECTIONS YOU KNOW.. LOOK JUST TELL IM NOT CRAZY AND THAT ALL RPGS ARE NOT BECOMING THE SAME THING SUCH AS SAVE THE GIRL GET THE ULTMITE POWER AND DEFEAT YOUR BEST FRIEND OR YOUR FATHER....IM SO TIRED OF THAT OK REALLY...OK HIT ME BACK

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 04:15 AM
legion-u is currently offline Click here to Send legion-u a Private Message Find more posts by legion-u Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Moved

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 11:55 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

...or save the world, right. Point?

I'm a signature!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 03:36 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

You play hero roles, that's the core of RPGs... features are varying at times, but the core features have to be the same, or else no RPG. I'm fine with it, especially with Star Ocean coming out at the end of the month...

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 04:09 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

star ocean 2 was the most kick ass game i've played in a LOOONNNNGGG time.

I love the long story, all the extras, how you can make weapons, and basically all the goodies of a good RPG.

I've generally always been a fan of Turn Based RPGS, but Star Ocean two was a pleasant change of pace.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 04:23 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

Yeh i agree.Im the biggest Super NES/PS1 rpg fan ever.Those were so cool!!!It seems the ones for the newer systems are boring/predictable.I haven't found a good RPG sence 1997 i believe.....

*~Just keep rockin'~*
Nana will keep on playin'
All we have left to believe in is ourselves baby
*~Were a generation of idiots without dreams~*

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 07:39 PM
BlackHatDefect is currently offline Click here to Send BlackHatDefect a Private Message Find more posts by BlackHatDefect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

RPGS are not Becoming The Same take unlimited saga and kingdom hearts 2

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 08:33 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote