KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Counter Strike 2 Previews

Counter Strike 2 Previews
Started by: hh?

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Counter Strike 2 Previews

not a big counter strike fan but here's the preview of the new one coming out in 1 or 2 years...hope u enjoy... (if u haven't seen it yet)

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vaul...e3_2k4_cam.html

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 01:56 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Actually that's not Counterstrike 2. It's simply Counterstrike being run on the Half Life 2 engine. It's going to be the primary multiplayer of Half Life 2, all the maps are going to be coded over to the new source code with enhanced graphics and such.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 08:53 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Predator 89

1 or 2 years i heard that counterstrike: Source was comming out along with the release of Half-life 2? BF so basically all we are getting is a counterstrike with better graphics? I hope atleast they inovate it alot more CS is getting a little lame now a days. But that could be because i mostly play halo on-line.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 02:04 PM
Predator 89 is currently offline Click here to Send Predator 89 a Private Message Find more posts by Predator 89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Counter-Strike : Source.. not really cs2.. and the physics have been revamped to fit the half life 2 sourcecode... it will come out on the same day as Halflife2 I think... there is also a team fortress source and day of defeat source in discussion as well

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 05:07 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

that's so damn sexy!! Happy Dance

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 06:21 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Predator 89

Team Fortress 2: Brotherhood of arms is schedueled for a 12/31/04 release date. As for day of defeat i'm not so sure they will do a source for that. Could be though.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 09:13 PM
Predator 89 is currently offline Click here to Send Predator 89 a Private Message Find more posts by Predator 89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

quote:
Originally posted by Predator 89
Team Fortress 2: Brotherhood of arms is schedueled for a 12/31/04 release date. As for day of defeat i'm not so sure they will do a source for that. Could be though.

Yeah it was announced. they will have a DoD Source.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 12:27 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Predator 89

sounds good to me!

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 01:11 AM
Linkalicious

Yesterday I logged onto Steam and it shot up this prompt telling me that I've been picked to beta test Counter-Strike: Source phase 2. After almost 2 hours of "pre-loading" I got it on my system. It's supposed to come out on Wednesday, and since it's preloaded, all i have to do is connect to a game...no downloading beforehand. i'll let you guys know what it's like...

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 01:17 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I rather have CS multiplay then just regular deathmatch. Even if its still the same game.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 02:53 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Yesterday I logged onto Steam and it shot up this prompt telling me that I've been picked to beta test Counter-Strike: Source phase 2. After almost 2 hours of "pre-loading" I got it on my system. It's supposed to come out on Wednesday, and since it's preloaded, all i have to do is connect to a game...no downloading beforehand. i'll let you guys know what it's like...

yes

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 04:39 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

i went to steampowered.com and checked out their forums. Damn there are some annoying people on there complaining about "official times" for the release and stuff.

I guess today I get to download some HL2 stuff that will run with the Counter-Strike: Source. Then on the 18th, I get to actually play.

De_dust is a 10 megabit map now. It must look good re-done.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 04:47 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

anyone play any other games besides CS for steam?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 06:40 PM
Linkalicious

I used to play Day Of Defeat, but I just can't stand the gameplay on it. I love the old weapons and the allied vs. axis. But it's just not smooth enough for me.

And i hate games where you can just keep re-spawning.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 08:19 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

play Hostile Intent. really good game from Steam. i like the realism.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 09:50 PM
Linkalicious

Ok, I finally got a chance to play this game around 9 PM last night, and my overall thoughts thus far is this. For a beta release....this game does not disappoint!

For the beta release, you are only given 2 character models (1 T, 1 CT) and the character models look a lot better. They are slightly hunched over and their movement while running and strafing is a little weird at first, but when you look at it from the right angle...then you see how smooth the movements are.

The player models are great. Terrorists have facial expressions, players cast shadows, you still can't see your feet, but that's no biggie. Their body posture is a little ugly looking, and you need to get used to the strafing, but all and all...it's a good look. Another cool addition is that the dead bodies stay on the floor and you can shoot them causing blood and twitching. big grin

The only map for the beta release was De_Dust. They completely re-did this map, and made it fun to play again. Graphically, it is on par with some of the levels you will see in Doom 3, only with a dusty more cheery atmosphere. There are more boxes, baskets, and push carts lying around all over the place. And one of the coolest features is the interactive parts of the map. De_dust now has barrels, trash, tires, and basket lids that you can shoot, and push around the map. My favorite is pushing a barrel down the ramp closest to CT spawn. smile These add a lot to the realism of the game. The tunnels are all re-done, the bombsites look more like markets than just the traditional green boxes.

The gun models are another great fix to the game. All of the guns have been re-skinned. The pistols for the most part look the same, except the P228 now isn't all thin at the top, instead it's more realistic and rounded. The Deagle is now polished chrome. Light reflects off of it depending on where you are on the map, and instead of the barrel being square, it is now rounded as well. The M4A1 looks a lot better. It's got a lot more detail (as do all the guns) and it looks to be in better proportions. The heavy machine gun fires a lot more accurately which is something that will probably be adjusted...but my favorite weapons are now the scoped weapons. When not zoomed in, you can see the reflection of the things behind you in the eye piece of the scope. It's already managed to save me from getting knived. miffed

Grenades have been changed up a lot too, and for the better. Grenades do more realistic damage. A nade that lands right next to you will severly hurt you or kill you. Smoke nades make it difficult to see an enemy, but it looks like REAL smoke, so you can usually make out a shape. The smoke is now black, not light gray...and how it travels is very realistic. Flashbangs got the best overhaul of all the grenades. When you are now flashed, the screen goes white for a moment, then you lose hearing, and when you start re-gaining your vision, your screen looks as if you are spinning around in circles until you get your senses back. I think this is one of the most realistic parts of the game.

If you were already a counter-strike hater because of it's many bugs and hackers...then this isn't going to be to your liking. But if you have enjoyed Counter-Strike in the past, then this is a must. I can't even begin to imagine what it will be like when they get their 4 or even 6 different character skins for each side. And also when they start to re-do all of the other maps. I played in a server that allowed 64 players and aside from attrocious lag...it was an interesting experience. There's nothing like going against 32 bad guys, because it's hard to imagine fitting 64 players onto a dust map.

For a beta, they did a great job. Still a lot of work to be done, but this is truly going to help Counter-Strike as a whole.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 02:22 PM