KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Favorite Final Fantasy Protagonist?

Favorite Final Fantasy Protagonist?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Cecil Harvey (IV) 0 0%
Bartz (V) 0 0%
Terra Branford (VI) 3 21.43%
Cloud Strife (VII) 4 28.57%
Squall Leonhart (VIII) 1 7.14%
Zidane (IX) 2 14.29%
Tidus (X) 1 7.14%
Yuna (X-2) 2 14.29%
Other 1 7.14%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: Morgoths_Wrath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morgoths_Wrath

I know protagonist is a strong word, especially for a Final Fantasy game, but I think it’s safe to say that in each game there was one “main” character that you stayed with throughout the game. Which one was your favorite, and why?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 05:25 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually, it's harder to pin down with VI- she kicks off as the main one but that changes as things go on.

Hmph, no Ramza...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 05:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

Base your opinion on the fact that they are protagonists! What makes them a good main character, or what doesn't? What makes them stand out above the rest? What acts, traits, or life-styles make them good protagonists?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 05:41 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I'd like to say that overall most main characters in FF games suck and I tend to like the other party members MUCH much more.....

Though somehow, no matter how much I hate the main character and try to avoid using them, they usually wind up my strongest character. That sucks.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 05:42 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Actually, it's harder to pin down with VI- she kicks off as the main one but that changes as things go on.

Hmph, no Ramza...

I don't remember a Ramza...what game is he(she?) from?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 05:44 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

FFT.

And I like him because he fits well into a role in a mature (for FF) plot and grows very believably during the plotline- he is also never lauded as a hero; quite the opposite, in fact.

He also rescues Cloud in one of Cloud's dumber moments, and it's rare in FF for one protagonist to rescue another so he scores for that as well.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 05:47 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well, when it comes to main characters, I'll just say that I'd happily wipe Tidus and Yuna off the face of the earth if I could. Most annoying characters EVER - Tidus does nothing but b!tch and whine and Yuna is completely spineless and stupid. Grrrrr. I couldn't stand them.

Ironic that FFX is my favorite game. Other than those two I loved the characters in that game though.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 06:00 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Of course I had to choose between Tidus and Yuna and I chose Yuna. I like her development through both games and you get to see two very different sides of her. Both are equally pleasing.

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 09:54 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Terra.. a very nice dynamic character

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 10:26 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Ushgarak

Hmph, no Ramza...

I agree, the thing that made FF6 so awesome was that there were like 5 "main" characters, none really more important then the other.

I don't really care for most of the main characters, Cloud was alright, but I liked some of the other characters better.

Terra was good too, but I prefered Locke, Sabin, Edgar and Cyan.

If I had to pick one "good guy" it would probably be Locke, Auron, Berret or Vivi...or Tifa for aesthetic reasons.

Last edited by BackFire on Dec 23rd, 2005 at 11:49 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 11:47 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by BackFire
I agree, the thing that made FF6 so awesome was that there were like 5 "main" characters, none really more important then the other.

I don't really care for most of the main characters, Cloud was alright, but I liked some of the other characters better.

Terra was good too, but I prefered Locke, Sabin, Edgar and Cyan.

If I had to pick one "good guy" it would probably be Locke, Auron, Berret or Vivi...or Tifa for aesthetic reasons.

Auron was awesome. He and Lulu are my favorite FF characters.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 11:52 PM
Phat J

^ me too, even though i couldnt stand any of the other characters from that game. especially tidus and yuna and the girl that jumped around all the time. ugh..

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 12:01 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Actually, besides Tidus and Yuna, and a couple of the NPCs, the characters in FFX were very good.

Seymour was such a slimy and creepy bastard, the perfect bad guy.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 12:04 AM
Phat J

the voices ruined it for me, i couldnt get into it. you can sort of put your own idea of them in your head when your reading it yourself, if you know waht i mean.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 02:50 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

The only voice I didn't like in FFX was Yuna's. Hers was too annoying. And it only got worse in FFX-2.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 02:56 AM
Phat J

i havent played it since it came out and i have a really bad memory, but i dont remember liking anyone. i forget if tidus talked or not.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 03:03 AM
Peach
mordrem

Tidus never shut up no expression

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 03:08 AM
Phat J

weed had this weird effect on me, you see now i have a lot trouble remembering things silly things like that

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 03:39 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Lana
Tidus never shut up no expression
I liked his situation as a character.. but he seemed to need a constant shoulder to whine on.. which is why I like Terra more o_o

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 05:51 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

If Tidus weren't so annoying and whiny I'd have liked him a LOT better.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 05:52 AM