KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Alienware

Alienware
Started by: ZomBiE_HunTER

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

Alienware

Who owes an Alienware.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 12:45 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

Alienware is supposed to be a very good quality gaming computer system with every thing top of the line..

no i don't own onesad

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 12:49 AM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Nope. But I got the same crap, just custom made. stick out tongue

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 12:51 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

well lucky you..

i have a piece of shit Dell computerlaughing out loud

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 01:04 AM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

quote:
Originally posted by Royal Knight
well lucky you..

i have a piece of shit Dell computerlaughing out loud

Hahah! laughing out loud My friend and I once compared prices on computers, mine cost $2000 more when in a Dell Pack (with warranty though)

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 01:10 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

Im going to get 1.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 03:16 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

I heard it's a very powerful computer, but the service department sucks very bad, and it is a very unreliable machine.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 03:49 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'd never get one, you're paying an extra 1,000 bucks for the name.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 04:03 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

yea, build your own for much less and better specs and stuff.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 04:37 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

a couple of months ago me and my friend decided it was time to get new computers. He's a little rich kid who's mommy and daddy pay for everything. Me, well I work for what I own, and I have good credit.

My friend bought an Area 51 gaming machine with an 18" plasma monitor for almost $4000 from the Alienware website. He also had to wait like 12 days for the system to be custom built and shipped.

I built my own system, that was identical to his own, except I got a custom case that had 3 more fans than his. My computer also has an LED screen that tells my CPU and Harddrive temperatures.

Custom building my own computer, with a 20" flat screen monitor, cost me $1400 less than him. I got the chance to learn how to build my own computer from online tutorials, and unlike him, i have a windows xp cd, not just some system recovery disk.

Building you own computer isn't THAT difficult. Especially if you have ever taken your old computer apart to replace a card or chip. It's also much more cost efficient.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 02:17 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
I'd never get one, you're paying an extra 1,000 bucks for the name.
Would you when u become rich?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 04:16 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

BackFire is right Mamba, they over charge by like $1000 with Alienware.

For the kind of money you'd dish out to get one of their PCs. You could go to Fry's electronics and custom pick each part, and have them assemble the PC for hundreds of dollars less than Alienware.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 06:39 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

Wheres Fry's Electronics.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 10:58 PM
BackFire

It's an electronics store. There's one near where Link and I live. It's the primary place to go for computer parts and accesories.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 11:27 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

Well that sucks cuz i dont live around there

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 11:39 PM
BackFire

Yep. It's a cool place. I think there are several of them all around the nation.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 11:39 PM
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

I dont think i have 1 around where i live

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 11:40 PM
BackFire

Ah, well no worries, you can buy most everythign you need from online stores.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 11:45 PM
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

I would but i dont know how to build pcs thats the problem.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2004 11:50 PM
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

You know any sites to bulid pcs and ship it to me.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 12:07 AM