KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Will they stop making ps2 games?

Will they stop making ps2 games?
Started by: kmcdude

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Will they stop making ps2 games?

Now that xbox and ps3 are here sad

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 03:14 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I doubt that..they still make gameboy advance games.. and DS has been out for quite some time

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 03:16 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

They need to quite making gameboy advance games and make some good DS games like Zelda and Resident Evil.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 03:21 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I doubt that..they still make gameboy advance games.. and DS has been out for quite some time
Partially because the DS isn't the next system in the 'Game Boy' series. That has yet to be made. Nintendo seems to halt support, or at least new games for a system, once the next one comes out. THPS3 was the last N64 game, to my knowledge. We don't know about Xbox since this is the first Microsoft system to be replaced. PS1 had plenty of releases after the PS2, so I think we'll see abundant PS2 games well after the launch of the PS3, if the trend is the same.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 03:33 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I think it will be quite some time after PS3 and 360 hit the market before games stop being made for Xbox and PS2.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 06:21 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Originally posted by kmcdude

It's coming in 2006. It's not out yet.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 07:24 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

They will obviously stop making them after a while... there are less GBA games released now then prior to the DS, it's only a matter of a time.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 10:37 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailormoon
The newest sailor scout

I hope not!!!

Sig by amity75!!!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 10:41 PM
sailormoon is currently offline Click here to Send sailormoon a Private Message Find more posts by sailormoon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

once ps3 is released the ps2 games will be for ps3 only better graphics, gameplay and higher price

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 10:53 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Movie_Geek_
Fighter

I think you can play the PS2 games on the PS3 like you can play PS1 games on PS2 so it dose not matter much. Actually there are still stores that known still sell PS1 games new for that reason.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 02:11 AM
Movie_Geek_ is currently offline Click here to Send Movie_Geek_ a Private Message Find more posts by Movie_Geek_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

They still make the occational Ps1 game, so maybe they will make Ps2 games. DS & PSP are terrible handhelds, they should never stop making GBA games.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 05:35 AM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Will they stop making ps2 games?

Originally posted by kmcdude

Yes, and they will fade into video game history.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 11:22 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by JToTheP
They still make the occational Ps1 game, so maybe they will make Ps2 games. DS & PSP are terrible handhelds, they should never stop making GBA games.

What was the last PS1 game?

Just wondering... wink

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 01:24 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Mon1234567

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 04:03 PM
The Mon1234567 is currently offline Click here to Send The Mon1234567 a Private Message Find more posts by The Mon1234567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Of course they'll stop making ps2 games, consistently anyway.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 04:04 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PunkRockJunkie

No, I shouldn't think so.
The PS2 has been out for years, and PSX games are still in production, even if they aren't as widely used anymore.
PS2 games will keep selling, because the PS3 can play PS2 games (for that matter, it can also play PSX games).
rock

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 04:38 PM
PunkRockJunkie is currently offline Click here to Send PunkRockJunkie a Private Message Find more posts by PunkRockJunkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PunkRockJunkie

Originally posted by The Ones
once ps3 is released the ps2 games will be for ps3 only better graphics, gameplay and higher price

Consoles only enhance the graphics of the games made specifically for that console.
PSX games played on a PS2 aren't of a higher standard of graphics, as PSX games aren't specifically made for the PS2

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 04:41 PM
PunkRockJunkie is currently offline Click here to Send PunkRockJunkie a Private Message Find more posts by PunkRockJunkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by hotsauce6548
What was the last PS1 game?

Just wondering... wink

a bunch of kids games, and that weird game C-18 or something. It's all on GameSpot.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 04:41 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

only ps1 games i liked were worms armageddon and legend of legaia, lol

i dont think they will stop making ps2 games right away...but eventually they will...

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 12:58 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote