KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best Game Music [merged]

Best Game Music [merged]
Started by: Spearhead

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spearhead
Prophet

Music in Video Games

I s'pose this could techinically be in the music forum, but personally, I feel it's more appropriate in the games forum. Mods, feel free to move it if you think so.

Anyways...some games just have great music in them, and this thread is to recognize such games. You can name games, or levels from games, that has music you like.

This is gonna be a lot for me, though I'm going to try and ignore the Final Fantasy games because those have a lot as well.

Twisted Metal Black: The Menu Screen, and the Prisson Passage Ambience

Jak 2: When you're being chased by something (the tank in the ammo dump and the spiders later in the game) and the theme in Mar's Tomb is pretty neat as well

Stacraft: All the Zerg Themes

Super Mario: C'mon, you gotta love the themes from Super Mario 1, 2, 3, and Super Mario World. And the castle themes for SMW as well laughing out loud

er...there'll be more as I remember them

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 12:29 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I got me the Halo soundtrack and is pretty cool! big grin

I like the music in SW Knights of the Old Republic. All that symphony musics gives the game a pretty good background.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 12:41 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy have excellent Star Wars soundtracks big grin

Also, you can't forget the Final Fantasy series. Nobuo Uematsu (yes, I know his name and how to spell it) is an amazing man who created the music for FF's I-X. I don't think he did X-2, but he might revert back for XII. He never had formal music lessons either, which I find remarkable. So many remixes have come out of the Final Fantasy music, it's amazing. I'll bump my thread on the Black Mages, they play FF Rock cool

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 12:46 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

*snaps fingers* now I remember...there's a battle music thing in Devil May Cry where it sounds like there's a siren going off in the background--that's one's pretty cool

i'll check out that black mage thing stick out tongue

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 12:53 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Originally posted by Flying Orange
Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy have excellent Star Wars soundtracks big grin

Also, you can't forget the Final Fantasy series. Nobuo Uematsu (yes, I know his name and how to spell it) is an amazing man who created the music for FF's I-X. I don't think he did X-2, but he might revert back for XII. He never had formal music lessons either, which I find remarkable. So many remixes have come out of the Final Fantasy music, it's amazing. I'll bump my thread on the Black Mages, they play FF Rock cool

Nope, Uematsu didn't do FFX-2, I can't remember the names of the people who did the music for it blink But I love Final Fantasy music yes Jedi Academy's got good music, I haven't started playing Jedi Outcast yet even though I have it :/

Mario and Zelda are also some of my favorites when it comes to video game music.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 01:14 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

Unreal Tournament '04 rocks!: because you can add music from your comp. and make tons of playlists and listen to it while you kill people. Haha, just for fun I played a song by Louis Armstrong"What a wonderful world" while I was slaughtering people with the Minigun and Flak. evil face

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 01:34 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Might I suggest www.ocremix.org ?
very good site full of video game music remixes.. and free to boot smile

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 02:53 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Sonic 2(ok, most of them)and Goldeneye had music i loved. and Chrono Trigger - Schala's Theme is f*cking awesome[the bubbly version found on Kazaa](i burned it several times) I also liked the Strider music

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 03:30 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

several music theory proffessors use the Castlevania series as a musical aid

the original megaman games are equally impressive.

oh, and let us not forget the x-men arcade game

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 06:13 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jargon343

The Final Fantasy series, particularly FF7. Metal Gear Solid (the PSX version, didn't like the second ones music much), Halo, Twisted Metal Black (stones baby).

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 03:17 AM
Jargon343 is currently offline Click here to Send Jargon343 a Private Message Find more posts by Jargon343 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

I loved the music in Vice City, nice that someone took it back to the 80's. I always thought the nintendo tunes were great as well. Simple enough yet brainwashingly powerful. Think mario tune

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 02:34 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

The music itself to Zelda OOT and WW is good... It sounds kinda crappy on the games because it's just MIDI there but I've heard the hyrule field song played by a full symphonic orchestra and it sounded really really good... Whoever did that must've had a lot of time on their hands big grin

And the music in "Crazy Taxi" was good because it was the Offspring big grin

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 02:40 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I have a techno remixed version of the Great Fairy's Fountain from Zelda OOT, it's really cool.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 07:30 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

i like some of the super smash bros melee music

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 09:54 PM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

A lot of those came from the games that they're based off though (The Mario 2 landscape has the Mario 2 theme, for example)

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 10:05 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I like it when the music fits the game.
Like in the last level of Call of Duty. Its this huge string thingy and your taking back Berlin and its all very cinematic.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 10:32 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

The game with the best soundtrack

OK thought this had been done before but the search thingy didn't turn nothin up so here goes.

What game in your opinion has the best soundtrack?
I know a bunch of you are going to go with Final Fantasy, but My vote goes to the Tony Hawk pro skater games. They had the best soundtrack ever. Rage, Chili peppers, others I can't remember(all thats from THPS 2). It was just kickass, and still is.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 03:07 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpiderGurl

Chrono Cross

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 03:08 AM
SpiderGurl is currently offline Click here to Send SpiderGurl a Private Message Find more posts by SpiderGurl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

Final Fantasy VI...i havent heard anything that can top it!

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 03:11 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Madden 2004 or MVP Baseball 2004, any EA game always has great music.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 03:14 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote