KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » I got a funny feeling that...

I got a funny feeling that...
Started by: sonofasaiyan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sonofasaiyan
Restricted

Account Restricted

I got a funny feeling that...

...Sega's gonna release another console before 2010 even thought they have vowed to be strictly video game developers. What about you guys?

If we keep pushing technology, eventually it will push back.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 04:05 AM
sonofasaiyan is currently offline Click here to Send sonofasaiyan a Private Message Find more posts by sonofasaiyan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Doubtful. I think they're just sticking to games now.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 04:08 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

It would be a foolish decesion. Unless they have developed some new ground breaking software. Otherwise, it couldnt be much different from xbox 2 and PS3. PS2 and Xbox are already virtually the same thing with the exception of smoother graphics. Argue all you want of whats better, PS2 or the box. they are still virtually the same thing. You just have to decide which one produces better Title games. Each system even has the same games, atleast the most popular ones. Whenever sony releases a title game, that crushes the competition in sales, microsoft answers back with one too. After a while they share. It would just be foolish for sega to inroduce another system unless it was some ground brekaing shit no one has ever seen before.

Sega is doing the samrt thing. After busting on numerous consoles, they finally figured out that consoles dont make they money, the games do. Now they can sit back and play all sides of the feild, and get rich. Nintendo will always be around. Sony is gaining a fan following similar in the way that nintendo spawned theirs. If PS3 is a success Sony will be here to stay for a long time to come. If PS3 blows sont will pull a sega, pumping out new ideas and consoles before death. The same thing can be said about Xbox, but i think the next system for microsoft has to be spectacular and not a shined up version of it's competitor. If it falls to be mediocre, then i see microsoft dieing out slowly. Sega however will never have a foothold in home consoles again though.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 04:57 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sonofasaiyan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mmm...good analysis but you have to think about the long term. I think it's highly probable that Sega may introduce a new system 10, 20 even thirty years from now. Those a long time intervals in game years hell, the history of video games barely goes back three decades. I think they will try their hand again and still maintain the liberty to develop games for other platfroms, but that's just me.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 05:28 AM
sonofasaiyan is currently offline Click here to Send sonofasaiyan a Private Message Find more posts by sonofasaiyan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Oh i dont doubt that they would want to try somthing new. I think if they survive long enough then they just might. they would probably do fairly well too regaurdless of performance, calling out to all the old nostalgic fans. However, sony Nintendo microsoft and what ever developer will be around at this time will have to have failed in some major investment. It will be sony, nintendo and microsoft for a long time assuming their next ventures are successful.

I believe that eigther sony or microsoft is going to have a failed attempt at their next systems. the prices will rise dramatically,and i dont think what they will offer will be enough to keep fans interested. I think for sure within the next five years that eigther sony or microsoft will be a dieing memory in home gamming consoles. Nintendo, eigther sony or microsoft and some other developer will be the staples for a long time untill the next evolution in video gamming.I dont think Sega would risk going for another failure. sega masters gave Sega life and a name.Genesis made sega rich, it made them an empire. 32X cost them alot of money. Sega cd tarnished their record and drained their banks a bit. Saturn's early on popularity saved them from the quick destruction of it's demise. If it wasnt for the game gear Sega would have been out for the count. already nearing an end, Sega still banked on yet another risk, which is what stopped their pulse altogether in the console realm.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Sep 11th, 2004 at 10:00 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 09:57 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

I got a funny feeling...that your wrong.

I've studied the entire industry since the 80's. sega blew it with the saturn, and the ps2 was the final nail in the coffin.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 06:20 PM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sonofasaiyan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jeez, its just an opinion buddy. smileThe fact that you have been studying gamings since the 80's proves my point that video games are still a fairly new entertainment genre and the still have a long way to go. You have no idea what's on the horizon and that Sega won't deliver. Maybe they'll be able to utilize far more advanced technology than Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo. That's the weird thing about the future nobody knows what's going to happen.

Last edited by sonofasaiyan on Sep 13th, 2004 at 07:24 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 07:18 PM
Gory Game Lover

I fell like something bad is about to happen to me.And i am telling the truth.I have been having weird,bad dreams and i have been having visions.And most of all,I have been seeing horrible things happen.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 10:11 PM
Gory Game Lover is currently offline Click here to Send Gory Game Lover a Private Message Find more posts by Gory Game Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gory Game Lover

But about the games it may happen.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 10:12 PM
Gory Game Lover is currently offline Click here to Send Gory Game Lover a Private Message Find more posts by Gory Game Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

making console and games costs way too much cash. its a possibility, but its not looking to bright in terms of a console bearing the sega name

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 01:25 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

Sega is going to stick to video games...

and as for Nintendo--haha that is another story...i believe Nintendo will follow in Sega's footsteps and just make games...but there are rumors of a new Nintendo system---haha i like to see that...they lose all their 3rd party developers and expect to win--I think not

As for PS2 and XBOX..or the next generation system PS3 and XBOX2 are going to do good with consumers...offering a wide variety of games to satisfy the tastes of people

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 07:01 AM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote