KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Prince of Persia 4

Prince of Persia 4
Started by: General Kaliero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Prince of Persia 4

quote:
SAN FRANCISCO -April 28, 2008 - Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced that a new Prince of Persia is scheduled to release Holiday 2008 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC. This new Prince of Persia marks the debut of the critically acclaimed franchise on next-generation consoles. Developed by Ubisoft's award winning Montreal studio that brought you Assassin's Creed(TM) and the same all-star team that created the previously acclaimed Prince of Persia® Sands of Time trilogy, Prince of Persia is opening a new chapter in the Prince of Persia universe, featuring a new breed of gameplay. The game is poised to rejuvenate the action-adventure genre in addition to introducing a brand-new illustrative art style.

Ubisoft will also release a Prince of Persia game specifically designed for the Nintendo DS(TM) system, featuring an entirely new storyline and new characters. More details to be unveiled in the future.

So, the same team that brought us the perfection of Sands of Time and the visual beauty of Assassin's Creed, has promised us the next two chapters of the PoP story this very year.

I for one am very interested in this "illustrative art style". If it's like Okami, with a Persian twist (and, y'know, more detailed textures) I will be in love with this game from the first screens.

The official site has been updated, featuring some sort of black goo oozing around and then engulfing what I assume to be an Arabic word/phrase. Jordan Mechner also recently registered the trademark for "Prince of Persia Prodigy," but no word on if that's the name of the new game.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 06:19 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I really bloody enjoy this franchise - don't shoot, I only played the Sands of Time trilogy, because it was a freebie - yet I'm suprised that they have got a release for it this year. I would have expected a tie-in for the Bruckheimer film, but maybe that'll happen too.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 06:25 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

They're releasing a new PoP game in the fall?

And nobody has knew about it till today?

I really liked the first, havnt played the last two, but I'm kinda of worried this might be shit because it seems pretty damn fast.

I guess will see.

But I wont be surprised this will be delayed.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 06:41 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well, it's been no secret for...at least a good year now that there was another PoP game in the works.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 07:16 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I am all for the POP games and I enjoyed them, but now I don't know i hope it is more puzzle based like SOT a nice blend of puzzle and action, i hope they try something new as well.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 07:30 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

As long as they keep the speed kills as an alternative to combat, I will be happy.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 07:51 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
They're releasing a new PoP game in the fall?

And nobody has knew about it till today?

Originally posted by Peach
Well, it's been no secret for...at least a good year now that there was another PoP game in the works.

Darn, Lana sbeat me to it.

Seems like I have to hurry and finish Sands of Time and the two sequels before the Fall.... how am I gonna squeeze that in between all the other stuff?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 07:52 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I apoligise profusely in advance.

Originally posted by Morridini
Seems like I have to hurry and finish Sands of Time and the two sequels before the Fall.... how am I gonna squeeze that in between all the other stuff?

Use the Dagger of Time.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 07:55 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

There's not enough sand here to refill it.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 08:09 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I guess I didnt notice anything.

Ah well.

I assumed it will be a good game considering the last 3 have. I was just taken back by surprise of the release date.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 02:10 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I still need to play through and finish Sands of Time. I plan on buying up the trilogy for when I head off to college. I'm not taking my Wii from my brother (freshmen in high school), so I've got my trusty old Gamecube and my N64 to look forward to.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 02:14 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

From what I have heard, it's gonna have nothing to do with the sands of time. It's a new prince... new everything. I just wonder what the story is going to be about?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 01:21 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I noticed a piece of artwork online (in a youtube video) that shows the Prince descending from a wall by hanging onto it with some sort of a gauntlet. I saw in another piece of artwork the new Prince with the gauntlet being held directly in front of his face.

Obviously, there's gonna be something to do with that gauntlet on his hands. Possibly an equivalent to the Dagger of Time in the SoT trilogy.

Anyway, I loved the SoT trilogy, and I milked the games for everything they're worth. I hope to come to love this new approach the series as well, and I don't doubt I will.

Old Post May 19th, 2008 04:43 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

There's a feature article about it in the new Game Informer magazine. It looks awesome.

I think the gauntlet is just going to be a weapon; there's going to be a girl named Elika that he meets and from what I can tell, will possibly be able to fill a similar purpose as the Dagger, in terms of rewinding/changing things.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 20th, 2008 05:32 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
I noticed a piece of artwork online

That reminded me, since people seem to read this thread for PoP 4 news instead of the PoP thread, I'll post it here too:

Here's the first look at the new Prince: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33651.html?type=mov
Just a sketch, but still looking cool.

Old Post May 20th, 2008 07:28 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

There's a feature article about it in the new Game Informer magazine. It looks awesome.

I think the gauntlet is just going to be a weapon; there's going to be a girl named Elika that he meets and from what I can tell, will possibly be able to fill a similar purpose as the Dagger, in terms of rewinding/changing things.

Her artwork reminded me very much of Natalie Portman. lol

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 20th, 2008 07:29 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Debut trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34503.html

Didn't reveal much, but it did look nice.

Old Post May 28th, 2008 07:37 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Debut trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34503.html

Didn't reveal much, but it did look nice.

I think it revealed a little if you looked in the right place.

For example, Elika seems to be involved not only in puzzle solving, but also combat, perhaps using carefully timed button presses for combo attacks.

Old Post May 28th, 2008 10:06 PM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

That trailer is just killer. It's reminding me more and more of how big a fan I actually am of the franchise. "Holiday 2008" cannot come soon enough (not that 2009 can either).

Old Post May 29th, 2008 02:47 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

New big interview with lots of info.
Parti 1: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34581.html
Part 2: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34604.html

Could anyone tell me what they mean with Holliday season?
Christmas?

Last edited by Morridini on May 30th, 2008 at 06:15 AM

Old Post May 30th, 2008 06:12 AM