KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Need help with an essay!

Need help with an essay!
Started by: ploop4444

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ploop4444
Restricted

Account Restricted

Need help with an essay!

Hey everybody!! whats shakin? I need help on an essay that I'm doing. I'm trying to proove whether video games these days are too violent or not. So any thoughts would be smashing!!!

So whether you think they are or not, leave me a message or even pm me!

Cheers,

Justin

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' Matthew 22:37

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 04:20 PM
ploop4444 is currently offline Click here to Send ploop4444 a Private Message Find more posts by ploop4444 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ploop4444
Restricted

Account Restricted

Come on guys!!!! i need help with this!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Justin

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' Matthew 22:37

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 04:23 PM
ploop4444 is currently offline Click here to Send ploop4444 a Private Message Find more posts by ploop4444 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

why dont you give us your standpoint and reasons and then we can possibly provide an agreement or disagreement based on that.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 04:28 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

there are already several topics about this use the search button.
But from what I learned at unj, and can remember: Violent video games are often seen as the cause for violent behaviour. Wether or not this is true is very debatable. People always point to the few cases of shootings which were done by fans of violent games or movies. However the number of people who play these games, watch these movies AND DO NOT get more violent is hugely larger than the number of people who are affected by this. All in all some people are more receptive of videogame violence and those people might become more violent because of the games.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 04:30 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ploop4444
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks so much everybody! this is great, any other points would be great! by the way, I'm for the fact that video games are not too violent. I've writen down several reason on a web. like; it's sad but true that everybody likes to kill people, but in a video game, it creates a virtual reality that lets you know that you can get away with things that you know you cant get away with in real life. The people who "shoot up schools" because of violent video games are obviously already unbalanced, i've been playing violent video games since i was 6 and im now 15, and i've turned out fine!

So your points of view would be delightful!

Cheers,

Justin

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 04:44 PM
ploop4444
Restricted

Account Restricted

So what do you think everyone!? Come on! Help me out!

im kidding im kidding! but i seriously do need help,

Cheers,

Justin

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 04:49 PM
ploop4444
Restricted

Account Restricted

ne one else is going to help me out!?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 04:58 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

well its not to say that just because some kid shot some other kids up and blamed it on a video game that it was really the cause of the shootings.. sometimes games are merely a scapegoat for ill-parenting or just pure neglect from either family or peers. Games are purely fantasy and if you or your child have a hard time distinguishing fantasy from reality then you dont need to play these kinds of games.. stick with pong..

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 05:17 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ploop4444
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks so much to everybody!

Your help has really got me going! i'll be sure to post my essay once ive finished it to show you all how i did! I'll also tell you what i got on it!

Cheers everybody,

Justin

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 05:29 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

I read that a problem could occur when players become too involved in the game and the video fantasy becomes a replacement for the real world. When video games become an exclusive source of emotional gratification and personal self-esteem, they become an addiction which is not healthy. In certain cases where an immature person has become involved in this type of fantasy living, some believe that the rewards for death could be translated to real life. But for a normal individual who plays games in moderation, this is not a problem.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 05:36 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ploop4444
Restricted

Account Restricted

thanks guys!!!! but i need just one more comment on this subject, so if yall could help me out.... that would be SMASHING!

Cheers,

Justin

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 04:13 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Violence is funny! I've just played MKbig grineception too much.
Hell's Foundry deathtrap rules.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 04:20 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ploop4444
Restricted

Account Restricted

thanks guys... keep em coming!!!!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 04:27 PM
ploop4444
Restricted

Account Restricted

Acctually, i just need a specific question answered... do you think that violent attitudes/behavior is directly linked to violent video games?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 04:34 PM
Fire

already gave you an answer to that one ploop

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 04:46 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ploop4444
Restricted

Account Restricted

COME ON GUYS!!!

Cheers,

Justin

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 04:46 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

No, more like movies.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 07:04 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

on this site.. there was an article about a robbery.... Two guys were robbing a house, when they hear "This is the cops, we've got you surrounded" The robbers quickly left the house without stealing anything. There were no cops. The voice they heard was from GTA Vice City that a kid was playing in another room. That got to be the funniest thing ive ever heard. So, no i dont think games are too violent, they help stop crimes, not help commit them. big grin

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 11:28 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote