KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Anybody else just sick of hearing about Halo 2?

Anybody else just sick of hearing about Halo 2?
Started by: Jedi Shmedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

Anybody else just sick of hearing about Halo 2?

Okay, before you start cursing and throwing things, hear me out. I'm a sophomore in high school, and all of the kids I sit with at lunch are all excited about Halo 2 (saying how it's going to be the best game ever and all that). Now don't get me wrong, I'm just as excited about it as any Halo fan should be. But to ignore all of the true masterpieces being released this fall/winter, how can you just go about saying that Halo 2 will be the best thing ever? After hearing my friends say that, I asked them, "Well what about Prince of Persia 2 (which PSM gave a 10/10), or Metal Gear Solid 3, or Half-Life 2?" They looked at me like I was insane and all simultaniously said "No." Talk about being one-sided. What about you guys? Are you sick of hearing about how Halo 2 will be so great, and games such as PP2: Warrioir Within, and Half-Life 2 going farely unnoticed to the general public?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 01:13 AM
Jedi Shmedi is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Shmedi a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Shmedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Don't underestimate Half Life 2, for PC gamers it is the biggest release in years, and may very well end up being more important then Halo 2's release.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 01:33 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

No, I'm not.
But I brag about KotOR 2. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 01:33 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

Re: Anybody else just sick of hearing about Halo 2?

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Shmedi
Are you sick of hearing about how Halo 2 will be so great

nope...not really.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 02:05 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

I mean sure all those games are awsome, but Halo just has a universal appeal. it has something for everyone. Half life 2 will probably be just as good, if not better in alot of respects, but my comp nearly exploded the last time I even talked about how cool the graphics were...so I am outta luck there. Metal gear solid 3, in all respects, is an awsome game from a respected developer, but stealth action doesnt always rock the trigger happy ppl. and POP:2 looks awsome, and the original rocked, not many people really picked it up, (if you would look at it's sales chart. now POPmessedOT onl $20 BUY NOW) so their isnt as much interest. halo is THE flagship X-box title, so of course people are gonna be pumped about it.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 02:10 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

there are many good games coming out...Halo 2 is just the closest...

And all the above games mentioned are for the Xbox....

Go Xbox!!!!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 02:11 AM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

No, Halo 2 is getting just as much hype as it should, no other console game has come even close to matching it before. And in no way is Half Life 2 getting overlooked, it will be most likely be the best selling FPS for PC, and on Prince of Persia 2, the first one, although it was a good game, was not that popular and didn't sell that well actually, so I'm not surprised that it isn't getting as much hype.

Last edited by cal31 on Oct 21st, 2004 at 02:50 AM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 02:47 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

how about KOTOR 2?

That's getting alot of hype!!!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 03:00 AM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

hm...whats KOTOR2?...

*joking

HK-47 wishes he were named AK-47, because he would mow you down.

pitiful human meat bags.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 03:14 AM
Fallin Angel
Your Angel

i'm actually getting sick of the first halo , my friend plays it constently and downloads all kinds of halo crap onto my computer, if he starts doing that for halo 2 , then i'm going to get sick of that as well

Sig and icon made by me. ^_^

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 03:16 AM
Fallin Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Fallin Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Fallin Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

It all depends if Halo 2 is a good game or not.If the game cums out and everybody loves it and get good ratings then it is worth all that hype.But if its an ok game then it wasnt worth all that hype.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 03:42 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I just know I'm gonna get my head bitten off for this... -.-;;

I am sick of hearing about Halo 2. I was sick of hearing about the first Halo. I admit I have not played the original except for a tiny bit at a friends. Now, that tiny bit intrigued me, but I was not all begging to play the rest of the game. I find the story interesting, but the gameplay just didn't have that kind of "pull" that makes you want to "JUST get to the next area."

What I wanna know is, what about PoP 2? The first was a great game, the whole thing pulled, except for the repetitive battles. Well, now that's fixed! What can go wrong in Warrior Within?

What about Metroid Prime 2: Echoes? The first Prime was arguably the best game on the GCN at the time, and still is an awesome game. I know everyone tries to say that Halo is better than Prime, but they are entirely different styles of games. Prime, with a more integrated story, pulled.

What about the new Paper Mario? What about the next KotOR? What about the awesome new E3 2004 Zelda demo? That ROCKS! How come no one talks about that?!

So, all I'm saying is, there are great games outside of Halo. Just put down those clunky, XBox controllers and you may be surprised.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 04:04 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by General Kaliero

So, all I'm saying is, there are great games outside of Halo. Just put down those clunky, XBox controllers and you may be surprised.

You can say what you want about Halo, but I hate it when people talk about the controllers being huge. It's called a S controller and they are about the same size as a PS2 or gamecube controller, it just proves no point when they complain the controllers are too big when the original big controllers aren't even sold with the console anymore.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 04:28 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

dude the singular reason why me and my friend is buying an Xbox is 'cause of Halo 2. Same with Xbox live.Screw you.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 02:27 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I'm more excited about Half Life 2 than Halo 2 and I loved Halo more than the original Half Life.

I'm more about graphics and dynamics now than I ever was before. After Doom 3 I'm all about quality graphics. I just like seeing everyone's attempts at realism.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 03:39 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

Graphics don't really mean any thing to only the story line and how many levels when i first herd of Halo i was very intrigued till i saw a Demo but i like to see how much effort they put in the game to make the graphics perfect for the player.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 04:16 PM
Kraken is currently offline Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Walfredo

The problem is that Halo is kinda stale. Everyone wants to talk about it but theres nothing new to say... just wanna play the thing already.

PoP2 has its demo out and it wasn't that good. It had a lot of cool things like the fighting but the music and the graphics were a bit in need of help. I expect the final product to be better, we'll see.

HL2 is defintley going to be fantastic, no doubt.

MGS3 is not going to get the hype equal to the fan base because of video game release saturation. I have been trying to tlak baout this and no one is into it that much.

I am also curious about the MMO games coming out...WoW, Ever Quest II, Matrix. These could be the awesome.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 04:31 PM
Walfredo is currently offline Click here to Send Walfredo a Private Message Find more posts by Walfredo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Yep.. sick of hearing about halo 2.. I'd rather just play it instead of listening to n00bs yack about how cool its gonna be, like they're 12 years old.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 05:52 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Anybody else just sick of hearing about Halo 2?

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Shmedi
Okay, before you start cursing and throwing things, hear me out. I'm a sophomore in high school, and all of the kids I sit with at lunch are all excited about Halo 2 (saying how it's going to be the best game ever and all that). Now don't get me wrong, I'm just as excited about it as any Halo fan should be. But to ignore all of the true masterpieces being released this fall/winter, how can you just go about saying that Halo 2 will be the best thing ever? After hearing my friends say that, I asked them, "Well what about Prince of Persia 2 (which PSM gave a 10/10), or Metal Gear Solid 3, or Half-Life 2?" They looked at me like I was insane and all simultaniously said "No." Talk about being one-sided. What about you guys? Are you sick of hearing about how Halo 2 will be so great, and games such as PP2: Warrioir Within, and Half-Life 2 going farely unnoticed to the general public?

I can relate to what you're saying. I personally sick of Mario and Final Fantasy being overpraise. For nearly a decade both franchises have been susceful thanks to help of their fans. What can I say? I'm sick of them!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 08:57 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Re: Re: Anybody else just sick of hearing about Halo 2?

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
I personally sick of Mario and Final Fantasy being overpraise. For nearly a decade both franchises have been susceful thanks to help of their fans. What can I say? I'm sick of them!

Erm... Actually, I've not heard anyone talk of Mario since Mario Kart: Double Dash!!. And as for Final Fantasy, well, they are great games, and people do talk about them. But all the talk I ever hear (or read) is about the girls in FF X-2. -_-;;

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 10:13 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote