KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakins Lightsaber

Anakins Lightsaber
Started by: bigsef3

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bigsef3

Anakins Lightsaber

when Obiwan and Anakin duel in EPIII, what lightsaber will Anakin use? Logic would indicate it is the same lightsaber obi-wan gives luke in ANH, but i think it would be nice if Anakin constructed some sort of traditional red saber to use for the duel. So instead of Obiwan taking the saber from anakins dead hand (so to speak), obiwan would have perhaps aquired anakins orignal blue saber at some other point in the movie.

what does everyone think?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 05:09 PM
Click here to Send bigsef3 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

last I heard, not sure if it was HS or not, they will use the sabres from ANH (meaning, anakin will duel with a blue one)

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 05:11 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

would his sabre fall into the volcano with him?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 07:03 PM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

why? obi-wan had it in ANH

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 07:06 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

not if Obi Wan gives Luke Anakins real saber instead of one he made himself for Luke

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 07:06 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

I heard that Anakin fights with 2 sabers in the duel a red and blue. He might toss it or get it knocked from his hand and then start using the red one. Blue on blue seems dumb to me , but it could be one of those shocker saber scenes we get in all the starwars movies.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 10:32 PM
Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadowkiller

On one of the web docs I think the second one . I will have to go back and watch to be sure, but they show all the sabers and Lucas Holds one and says" is this the light saber Obi Wan takes from Anakin and gives to Luke ", and the prop guy says "yes". I will go back and watch it tonight when I get home since I can't watch it from work and let you know.
I think I also herd the rumor Anakin uses two sabers at one point in the duel as well.But there a a million rumors.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Shadowkiller a Private Message Find more posts by Shadowkiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

He deifnitely uses two sabres at some point in filming- it was in the leaked rehearshal footage.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 1st, 2004 at 02:36 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthyorktown

Smile

Anakin will use his original lightsaber.

smile

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 09:52 PM
Click here to Send darthyorktown a Private Message Find more posts by darthyorktown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victodor

He will use his red lightsaber.He drops it when he is defeated and it becomes blue.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 12:21 PM
Click here to Send victodor a Private Message Find more posts by victodor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Errr... I doubt that...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 02:36 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

it's like a snowball-thingie, shake it and you have snow in that boll thingie
shake your sabre and it changes colors laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 04:10 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I could be wrong, but I think that if anakin fights with two sabers at some point, the blue saber will be in his left hand, representing his flesh, his good side, etc. according to everything i've read, Obi-wan severes that hand. Also, I think that the red vs. blue/green/purple saber thing is based on the whole legend of the two japanese sword makers, Masamune and Muramasa. I don't have time to elaborate on it now, but i might later tonite.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 06:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

don't over do the thinking though

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 06:48 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

ok, so the final fantasy fans have heard this a thousand times so they can skip this thing. Just as Stratovarius is to violins, the two greatest sword makers in japan were Masamune and Muramasa. Once, they decided to see who's sword was better. each forged a mighty blade and met by a river. when muramasa dipped his blade into the water, the leaves flowing with the current each hit the blade and immediatly split down the middle, seemingly attracting the leaves. when masamune dipped his bade into the water, each leaf came close, but swam around the blade, as if the blade was warning them off. from that day, the blades of muramasa were known as the swords of war and destruction (red lightsabers), and the swords of masamune were known as the swords of peace, pacifism, and justice (blue/green/purple lightsabers). it is also interesting to note that according to the official site, red sabers are stronger.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 03:12 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cai-dale

anakin might sneak lord tyranas's saber from his belt. so if he keeps as a trofy i dont no but he could keep it.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 09:22 PM
Click here to Send cai-dale a Private Message Find more posts by cai-dale Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Do lightsabers have an on/off switch. i thought they were suppossed to, but then i realised that in the films, whenever somebody loses their lightsaber, it switches off as soon as it leaves their hand.
It cant be a jedi only thing, as han solo uses one, and luke uses one before he learns his force powers.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 08:00 PM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes,. they have an on-off switch.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 08:38 PM