KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Obi 'Ben'

Obi 'Ben'
Started by: hayden's minx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hayden's minx
Safe

Obi 'Ben'

Obi wan is credited as ben Kenobi in Episode 3.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2003 12:07 PM
Click here to Send hayden's minx a Private Message Find more posts by hayden's minx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

So he takes on the name Ben Kenobi at some point in the film. Very intriguing idea-thanks for sharing!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2003 12:56 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, he did always say that he hadn't used the name Obi-Wan since before Luke was born, and we assume Luke is born in the film... never sure how literally we were meant to take that, though.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 27th, 2003 07:48 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

It would be an impressive connection to the first Star Wars though, if he does become "Old Ben" in this one.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2003 01:29 AM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Karma Toreall
Darth Karma

He really isnt supposed to be that old though is he?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2003 01:33 AM
Click here to Send Karma Toreall a Private Message Find more posts by Karma Toreall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

He can't be that old in Episode 3 because it's only a few years later than in "Clones". But he grows to be a real "Old man" by the time of "A New Hope".

Old Post Apr 28th, 2003 01:36 AM
Karma Toreall
Darth Karma

Yeah i know. I wounder if Luke and Leia are in the entire movie.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2003 01:37 AM
Click here to Send Karma Toreall a Private Message Find more posts by Karma Toreall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Probably not, due to the fact that Padme probably won't even give birth to them until midway through the film.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2003 01:40 AM
Karma Toreall
Darth Karma

But the movie is supposed to be like 3 years later. I dont think Anikan could of waited that long to have sex. But then again hes forbidden to make love. Or is it just to love?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2003 02:11 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

What a question! Emotional attachments and physical pleasure are both forbidden by the jedi creed. They are considered to be corruptible influences in a young jedi's training.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2003 03:10 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I don't think we know about physical pleasure, only that attachment is dangerous (because if you have an attachment you become afraid to lose it).

I would not be surprised if how he will be credited is not actually fully defined yet.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 28th, 2003 11:18 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

laughing out loudLOL, they sure are corruptiblelaughing out loud. they probably had sex for some time and just last time got pregnant.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2003 01:12 PM
Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-Wan_fangirl
Jedi Master

In episode 3 , it's going to say how he got the name Ben Knobi , but it did'nt say why he choose the name "Ben ", really . I can't wait to see the movie when comed out .

" The Force will be with you , Always " - Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi ( aka Obi-Wan Kenobi )
Jedi Master
Human Male
Favorite Lightsaber Blade : light blue

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 01:14 AM
Click here to Send Obi-Wan_fangirl a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-Wan_fangirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

quote:
Originally posted by Karma Toreall
But the movie is supposed to be like 3 years later. I dont think Anikan could of waited that long to have sex. But then again hes forbidden to make love. Or is it just to love?

I dont know how Anakin found time to have sex, what with the Clone Wars and all.................completly off subject i know eek!

EDIT: Hold up! why would he have to wait 3 years to have sex? It doesnt take a fortnight for a baby to be born ya know eek!

Last edited by Stun on Oct 29th, 2004 at 01:22 AM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 01:18 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedijunky1138
Dark Lord of The Sleepy

I wonder if he takes the name Ben to hide his true identity.

I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 01:23 AM
Click here to Send jedijunky1138 a Private Message Find more posts by jedijunky1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

From Vader and the Emperor ya mean? yep that has to be the reason. I heard a while back, that Anakin calls Obi-Wan "Ben" for a nickname, but he's not amused by it, because he finds out Obi's real name is "Ben" so he teases him for it. Forget where i found that 1 from, probably some crap from Super Shadow!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 01:32 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zutalurs

quote:
I don't think we know about physical pleasure

Obviously they aren't forbidden to explore physical pleasures. Obi is a drunk. Everytime he gets in a bar he has to have a drink. So, since drinking is a physical pleasure, and Obi is a straight lace Jedi, obviously it ain't against the code.

Ever wonder why he lost so easily to Vader in ANH? Cuz he was soused to the gills!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 01:33 AM
Click here to Send zutalurs a Private Message Find more posts by zutalurs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

seems a good reason lol, but its most probably because he gives up his Jedi ways, and didnt use it as much when he faced Vader. I mean look at Dooku flying about in his 80's. Im sure if Ben used the force, and still meditated during those lonely 20 years, he could've been a good match for Vader.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 01:40 AM
cylob49
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by jedijunky1138
I wonder if he takes the name Ben to hide his true identity.

yeah he did
tho he still strolled around in his jedi cloak and kept the beard

NOT very discreet
IMAGINE THE SCENARIO

SECURITY BLOCKADE- a shifty looking man with a beard and jedi robes who looks like the well known and respected GENERAL KENOBI approaches

STORMTROOPER: LET ME SEE YOUR IDENTIFICATION!!!(sees the name BEN KENOBI)
You are under arrest OBI WAN KENOBI!!!!!!

OBI WAN: No your mistaken im BEN Kenobi

STORMTROOPER: Sorry......MY MISTAKE.....ok move along ,move along

AH BUT he wouldve used a jedi mind trick i hear you say
well in that case why change his name in the first place or is Kenobi the SW universes answer to the names SMITH,CHAN and PATEL?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 09:04 AM
Click here to Send cylob49 a Private Message Find more posts by cylob49 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"tho he still strolled around in his jedi cloak"

Luckily, that's what they all wear on Tatooine... always an amusing bit of retro-continuity, that.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 12:39 PM