KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Weird Things In Star Wars-lets Talk

Weird Things In Star Wars-lets Talk
Started by: sanatayesse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sanatayesse

Weird Things In Star Wars-lets Talk

Remeber Episode 2 when Anakin was holding a green lightsaber instead of the blue one because he is a padawan learner(Should be holding blue) and obi wan is holding blue. This possibly foreshadows what darth vader says in episode 4:"Once I was the apprentice now I am the master". Shows how he wants to be the master and the one in control.Note: they could have easily switched lightsabers or got another one becase really why did Anakin have the green one(I sense a theme)

Remeber when that scene in episode 2 when Anakin and Dooku were fighting in the dark this could possibly foreshadaow what will happen to Anakin in the future because if you look closely his face has that glare purple shadow which to me represnets the dark side. This was similar to what happened to Luke in Episode 6 when he was hiding from vader and you see half of the purple shadow on his face(dark side) and the other half a light kind of shadow(good side). IT shows how he was torn between the dark side and the good and then he went into a boiled rage when Vader threatened to turn his sister to the dark side.

One last thing I want to add is the geonosian arena when the 3 characters are faced with there own forms of torture. Padme is faced with a tiger-like species with vicious teeth and it represents how quick and nimble she is and always thinking before making decisions and learns how to disect the situation, Obi Wan is faced with the scorpion like creature and it shows how he is head strong and accurate he is about his decisions(like the scorpion) and how he will strike at the right moment with any surprises if necessary, and Anakin is confronted with a rino-like species which shows how powerful and ambitous he is, willing to take the fall if necessary. It also represents his cunning rage and emotions which he uses in battle.

*IF ANY OF YOU THINK OF OR SEE ANY MORE WEIRD IDEAS IN THE MOVIES OF STAR WARS PLEASE POST THEM!!*

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 02:04 AM
Click here to Send sanatayesse a Private Message Find more posts by sanatayesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

About the lightsaber colors though, I don't think it matters what color you have. Remember, many of the Jedi younglings in the temple had green sabers.

I like George.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 02:06 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ghetto Goblin
Elder Member

the green lightsaber that luke gets in the fourth one from obi wan, that said it was his fathers, i think anikan just used for a short while before he got a red one, but either that or it is the one that he also used in the second one, but then it would be different i think.

...Tomorrow could be the best day of your life...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 02:09 PM
Click here to Send Ghetto Goblin a Private Message Find more posts by Ghetto Goblin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

but the final duel is blue vs. blue.
anakin then becomes vader
vader uses red.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 02:41 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

anakin always wanted to be in charge even after after he slaughtered the tusken raiders he blamed obi-wan for holding him back and when he was helping padame pack he said I'm ready for the trials and obi-wan would let him move and that he was overley critical he does'nt understand it's not fair so see he was always blaming his master for everything in his life and become a stronger jedi.So I don't think the lightsaber matters hell they could of argued over lightsabers and who knows what takes obi-wan to put his pupil down they had one of the most challenging friendship in the starwars universe for may force be with you.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 02:52 PM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, there is no connection between sabre colour and status.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 03:02 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
captainmidnight

i would agree.i mean not that its a big deal but obi wan becomes a jedi master i believe in ep3,he still uses blue as his crystal,blue, green,red,purple its all good to me...

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 12:51 AM
Click here to Send captainmidnight a Private Message Find more posts by captainmidnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

quote:
Originally posted by Ghetto Goblin
the green lightsaber that luke gets in the fourth one from obi wan, that said it was his fathers, i think anikan just used for a short while before he got a red one, but either that or it is the one that he also used in the second one, but then it would be different i think.

That was a light blue saber, not green.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 01:03 AM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
memphisbleekgb
Restricted

Account Restricted

jedi construct there own sabres so i don't think the colour holds any bearing on jedi(pre) status as previously mentioned i think it is whatever crystal they chose during construction except for the obvious red

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 01:48 PM
Click here to Send memphisbleekgb a Private Message Find more posts by memphisbleekgb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

the red crystal burn hotter than any other for now may force be with you.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 02:33 PM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ghetto Goblin
Elder Member

and why did you say that?

anyways, the color DOESN'T matter like you all said. for example, when obi wan wants to find the "lost planet" he goes to see yoda, and all of those little kids have different color lightsabers.

...Tomorrow could be the best day of your life...

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 03:23 PM
Click here to Send Ghetto Goblin a Private Message Find more posts by Ghetto Goblin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

i was watching a webdoc with GL and Sam L. J. discussing lightsaber colors. GL replies to Sam " Green & Blue for the good guys and Red for the bad guys"

then Sam tells him " what about purple ? can i have purple ?"

apperantly purple is Sam's favourite color............................whatever !

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 04:09 PM
Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ken Benobi
Jedi & Java Master

In Star Wars Insider they said GL made an exception as a favor for Samuel because it was his favorite color. As for the light and dark shadows on the face, that's one I hadn't thought of before sanatayesse, but I could go along with it. I also thought it was interesting when Anakin was fighting Dooku, he cut that power cable on the floor so the lights would go dark. It was like Anakin was already all too familiar with the ways of the dark side, and the dual became a dark vs dark......just a thought..

Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is central to a Jedi's life.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 07:25 PM
Click here to Send Ken Benobi a Private Message Find more posts by Ken Benobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

...or anakin just got lazy and said
"lets cut the lights, so noone sees us actually fighting.
we can just stand here and twirl our glowsticks around with intense looks on our faces."

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 07:35 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ken Benobi
Jedi & Java Master

laughing

Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is central to a Jedi's life.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Ken Benobi a Private Message Find more posts by Ken Benobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I liked the change in the duel how it was in the dark, but I don't think it represented anything special. Lightsaber colors don't either, the only thing that's designated with lightsabers is that Sam Jackson likes the color purple, red is dark side, and that obviously Obi-Wan likes the color blue better than green or purple, lol.

I always thought it was weird that lightsabers are "a Jedi's life" yet they lose them so easily

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 02:41 AM
Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Weird Things In Star Wars-lets Talk

quote:
Originally posted by sanatayesse
Remeber Episode 2 when Anakin was holding a green lightsaber instead of the blue one because he is a padawan learner(Should be holding blue) and obi wan is holding blue. This possibly foreshadows what darth vader says in episode 4:"Once I was the apprentice now I am the master". Shows how he wants to be the master and the one in control.Note: they could have easily switched lightsabers or got another one becase really why did Anakin have the green one(I sense a theme)

Yeah, but Yoda had a green sbre too. I think he's moved on from Padawan status...a bit.

quote:
Originally posted by sanatayesse Remeber when that scene in episode 2 when Anakin and Dooku were fighting in the dark this could possibly foreshadaow what will happen to Anakin in the future because if you look closely his face has that glare purple shadow which to me represnets the dark side. This was similar to what happened to Luke in Episode 6 when he was hiding from vader and you see half of the purple shadow on his face(dark side) and the other half a light kind of shadow(good side). IT shows how he was torn between the dark side and the good and then he went into a boiled rage when Vader threatened to turn his sister to the dark side.

Not sure I follow you....I guess thats why you put "weird" in the title of the thread.

quote:
Originally posted by sanatayesse One last thing I want to add is the geonosian arena when the 3 characters are faced with there own forms of torture. Padme is faced with a tiger-like species with vicious teeth and it represents how quick and nimble she is and always thinking before making decisions and learns how to disect the situation, Obi Wan is faced with the scorpion like creature and it shows how he is head strong and accurate he is about his decisions(like the scorpion) and how he will strike at the right moment with any surprises if necessary, and Anakin is confronted with a rino-like species which shows how powerful and ambitous he is, willing to take the fall if necessary. It also represents his cunning rage and emotions which he uses in battle.

Cool observation here.

*IF ANY OF YOU THINK OF OR SEE ANY MORE WEIRD IDEAS IN THE MOVIES OF STAR WARS PLEASE POST THEM!!*
[/QUOTE]

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 03:18 PM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ken Benobi
Jedi & Java Master

PVS I can't believe your new sig..... eek!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 02:08 AM
GCG
Red Bull

the ambassadors of Hapiness and Hate have one thing in common............their moves.

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 06:38 AM
Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yoanswer

RED YELLOW PURPLE GREEN BLUE

STATUS IN THE DARK-LIGHT BALANCE

RED - ONLY DARK SIDE
YELLOW - DARK SIDE PLUS SOME GOOD SIDE
PURPLE - BALANCED BETWEEN GOOD AND BAD
GREEN - GOOD SIDE PLUS SOME BAD SIDE
BLUE - ONLY GOOD SIDE

RED+BLUE = PURPLE
YELLOW+BLUE=GREEN

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 05:02 AM
Click here to Send yoanswer a Private Message Find more posts by yoanswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote