KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » One Piece

One Piece
Started by: missbloom19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (186): « First ... « 130 131 [132] 133 134 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Wiper, Gan Fall (didn't resume fighting but did get back up), Sanji, Usopp (didn't resume fighting but did other stuff).

Sanji was even knocked out twice by Enel... and awoke both times without medical care.

Sure, they're all tough, but all the admirals tend to be, "They attack and you could really die, from a single hit even, unless you get help," even for tough people like that. Remember Aokiji freezing Luffy and Robin for example, where saving them was tricky. Or Akainu, who's attacks tend to at least require major medical care and leave permanent scaring.
Ah, but you're ignoring that in literally every fight but the one with Luffy, he wasn't fighting seriously, just casually spamming attacks, confident in the fact that no one could oppose him.

Only Wiper and Luffy provided any resistance to him.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2012 07:30 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

No but seriously all of his men deserve to die.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2012 01:55 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Rank update-

High Yonkou-
Gol D. Roger
Whitebeard

Mid Yonkou-
Aokiji
Akainu
Kizaru
Silvers Rayleigh

Low Yonkou-
Blackbeard (shadow fruit)
Enel

High Shichibukai-
Kuma
Portgas D. Ace
Trafalgar Law (post skip)

Mid Shichibukai-
Boa Hancock
Jimbei
Monkey D. Luffy (post skip)
Vergo

Low Shichibukai-
Caesar Clown
Crocodile
Gekko Moria
Pekoms
Smoker (Vice Admiral)

High Supernova-
Basil Hawkings (pre-skip)
Eustass Kid (pre-skip)
Monet
Monkey D Luffy (with gears)
Rob Lucci
Trafalgar Law (pre-skip)

Mid Supernova-
Caribou
Monkey D Luffy (pre-gears)
Pacifista
Rorona Zoro (post-Asura)
Scratchmen Apoo (pre-skip)
X Drake (pre-skip)

Low Supernova-
Capone Bege
Jewelry Bonney
Kaku
Killer
Rorona Zoro (pre-Asura)
Sanji (Flame-leg)
Taishigi (Captain)
Urouge

Post-skip Luffy's only tentatively mid-shichibukai, I expect him to go higher.

I bumped Ace down per request, but since he's got royal haki and 100mil more bounty than Law, I'm not sure about that. Also put in the rest of the supernova, as well as Caribou, Pekoms, and pre-skip flame leg Sanji.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 12:26 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Okay real talk: What has Ace done to get him put on Kuma's level?

Jimbei stalemated him.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 06:55 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It seems right to me but I can't really say why. He did flame-up half an island.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 07:25 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Shouldn't Shanks be around Mid-Yonkou level? I mean, he got scarred by pre-Yami Yami Blackbeard so their powerlevels must've be that different.

Also both Law and Kuma have done more than Ace ever did.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 11:54 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by NemeBro

Jimbei stalemated him.

Well his best feat is momentarily stalemating Aokiji...which doesn't mean he's that strong obviously but around the same level as Marco or Jozu probably. So hard to place but you are right about Jimbei stalemating him.

Originally posted by Bentley
Shouldn't Shanks be around Mid-Yonkou level? I mean, he got scarred by pre-Yami Yami Blackbeard so their powerlevels must've be that different.

Blackbeard got scared of a one arm Shanks when he had two DFs.

Yep.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 03:20 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

BB is such a coward sometimes, he also fled from Akainu... But to be honest I wouldn't want to face that bastard if I was on the open sea either.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 03:21 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I think it fits. Really Blackbeard's Fruit is such a double edge sword. He's great against DF users, especially logia. But on the flipside he's very vulnerable to attacks, which is probably why he ran from Shanks, who is basically Whitebeard sans the DF so makes sense.

As for Akainu, in addition to the whole melt the raft thing there is the fact that Ace's fire was able to hurt Blackbeard quite a bit and lava is lollava.

Blackbeard is awesome.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 04:20 PM
Q99

Jimbei stalemated him.

That was young Ace, before he began working for Whitebeard.

He did have that *huge* flame attack he used against Blackbeard.

Ace has very large DF attacks, logia intangibility and pretty good physical toughness for a logia, Haki including royal, gigantic bounty, and Whitebeard was apparently grooming him as a successor.

Hm, speaking of Whitebeard, Marco at low yonkou level perhaps?

quote:
Bentley

Probably right.

quote:

They've had more screentime. I think Ace's flame attack is bigger than anything Kuma's done (his Ursa shock was surprisingly low-power).

And it says something that his bounty leaves theirs far behind (with it being noted that it's increasingly difficult to get bounty upgrades past a certain level), and it's even higher than the bounty of 500 mil that Oda said Enel'd get based on his strength.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 04:27 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Well, maybe you're right about Kuma, but Law still seems to be probably above him by his crazy skills imo, he's got range in spades.

Anyways, Ace did have a high implied power for being so high in WB's hierarchy, but when he got into little conflicts, he seemed less impressive, I mean, he did have a short run with Smoker and their interaction didn't have him as a master haki user nor anything like that. Probably just some playful meaningless combat? Very likely, but still...

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 08:11 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Apparently Oda considered Marineford a side arc and didn't understand why people enjoyed it so much.

I found that funny.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 08:01 PM
Q99

Originally posted by AuraAngel
Apparently Oda considered Marineford a side arc and didn't understand why people enjoyed it so much.

I found that funny.

Well, it wasn't a big long one.

I think Oda links length and importance a bit too much. When trying to hype a villain fight, he's on several occasions just upped the amount of time it takes to confront the villain (Enel's beanstalk, chasing Hodi, etc.).

Marineford showed us a lot of the world the high-ups live in, crews of over a dozen Shichibukai-level types, and that was great.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 08:08 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Q99
That was young Ace, before he began working for Whitebeard.

Jimbei has had just as much time to improve.

quote:
He did have that *huge* flame attack he used against Blackbeard.

Law's attack was more impressive, and is generally the more impressive character in nearly every regard.

quote:
Ace has very large DF attacks, logia intangibility and pretty good physical toughness for a logia, Haki including royal, gigantic bounty, and Whitebeard was apparently grooming him as a successor.

Law is physically on par or stronger, with the more broken ability, only one less level of Haki, and has greater destructive capacity.

Kuma is stronger, faster, and more durable, with the more broken power, and more versatile overall.

quote:
Hm, speaking of Whitebeard, Marco at low yonkou level perhaps?

Maybe. I'm hesitant to put him above Kuma.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 10:05 PM
Q99

Jimbei has had just as much time to improve.

And they both could've been low shichibukai at the time.

quote:

Law's attack was more impressive, and is generally the more impressive character in nearly every regard.

Well then, other way around- Should Law go up?

quote:

Kuma is stronger, faster, and more durable, with the more broken power, and more versatile overall.

Logia intangibility seems better than Kuma's armor (which, we've seen, strong attacks can do a number on. Really, unless Kuma's way tougher than the Pacifista, it's fairly low down there). While his pseudo-teleport is fast, wounded Zoro was able to dodge almost all of his attacks well, neither the rate of fire or the speed of the attacks themselves were too much for Zoro to dodge. The speed from paw-pawing himself doesn't translate into the high general body speed or martial arts skills some of the other shichibukai have.

Ace has more offense, and has Haki to Kuma's not. Kuma has a broken active defense, and some pretty hax tricks, but neither his armor nor his skills seem all that.

quote:
Maybe. I'm hesitant to put him above Kuma.

He can, given a moment, heal from even Admiral level attacks like lava punch completely. Haki too, he kicked Kizaru and Aokiji.

The World Government did consider him one of the few pirates who could beat Marshall D. Teach.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 12:20 AM
Bentley
Seitei

I think we've already established that the government knows sh_t about Marshall D. Teach.

Originally posted by AuraAngel

I found that funny.

Marineford was cool because there were many battles and several characters, but personally I didn't find it all that enjoyable. Both Ennies Lobbie and the Prison arc were far more enjoyable for me.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 05:43 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

'Yeah Strawhat.... I'll let you join my crew.'

Classic. Caesars the best.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 01:10 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Shot for shot rehash of the Wapol fight ending intentional? If so, why?

Ah, I get it.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 03:41 PM
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

Originally posted by Bentley
I think we've already established that the government knows sh_t about Marshall D. Teach.

Marineford was cool because there were many battles and several characters, but personally I didn't find it all that enjoyable. Both Ennies Lobbie and the Prison arc were far more enjoyable for me.

Yeah ennies lobby is by far my favorite arc. Along with my favorite line.

"Food is a gift from god, spices are a gift from the devil. I guess it was too spicy for you."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 03:51 PM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

So really the only thing this chapter made me do was think back on Wapol and realize that he was a great villain.

Baby 5 is alright. Bit generic but alright. Buffalo is fun. I honestly did not recognize Franky at the end because it's been so long since he showed up in his full robot body and honestly he just sorta vanished from the manga.

Also yay for finding a cure for Shinokuni because Oda is not going to leave Kinemon like that.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2012 03:02 AM