KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » r2d2 and c3po

r2d2 and c3po
Started by: mandalorian_war

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mandalorian_war
i used 2 b Grievous_90210

r2d2 and c3po

why doesnt owen and beru remember r2 and 3po in episode 4 i mean they lived with them for a few years i mean does everyone get their memory erased

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 12:18 AM
Click here to Send mandalorian_war a Private Message Find more posts by mandalorian_war Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedijunky1138
Dark Lord of The Sleepy

There are a lot of protocall and astromech droid in the galaxy. they are so comon place that the have no reason to remember them. R2D2 does not live with the Lars family. Just 3PO.

I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 12:22 AM
Click here to Send jedijunky1138 a Private Message Find more posts by jedijunky1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mandalorian_war
i used 2 b Grievous_90210

oh yeah

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 12:23 AM
Click here to Send mandalorian_war a Private Message Find more posts by mandalorian_war Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

plus it is 10 or more years sense they had seen them.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 03:49 AM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SomeGuy57
Just Milk It

Maybe they do remember them but they dont want to say anything to C 3PO about the past just in case he might remember or something like that.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 04:48 AM
Click here to Send SomeGuy57 a Private Message Find more posts by SomeGuy57 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

In addition to what jedijunky1138 and darktim1 said, Owen knew what type of droid 3PO was when he saw him and knew he probably had no use for a droid like him, most likely from his previous experience with a protocol droid. unbeknownst to him, this is the exact same droid with newer coverings. Plus, the day the R2 and 3PO were purchased from the Jawas, Owen didn't spend too much time with them. He had Luke taking care of them. The only time Owen saw them was when he bought them. Then, Luke left with 3PO early the next morning to find R2, before Owen woke up, so we pretty much saw all of Owen and 3PO's time together on screen. Owen and Beru really didn't have a chance to recognize similarities in the droid they once had and the one they just bought.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 06:13 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy57
Maybe they do remember them but they dont want to say anything to C 3PO about the past just in case he might remember or something like that.

And when owen realized that the droids were looking for kenobi, they recognised them. Realising who the droids were, he ordered luke to have the droids' memory erased.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 09:50 AM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedijunky1138
Dark Lord of The Sleepy

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
And when owen realized that the droids were looking for kenobi, they recognised them. Realising who the droids were, he ordered luke to have the droids' memory erased.
VERY GOOD POINT! You can almost see the recognition in his face.

I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 12:14 PM
Click here to Send jedijunky1138 a Private Message Find more posts by jedijunky1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

But u can't actualy see any recognition in his face, 'cause GL probably didn't know that 3PO had met Owen when ANH was made.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 12:44 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by Morridini
But u can't actualy see any recognition in his face, 'cause GL probably didn't know that 3PO had met Owen when ANH was made.

then maybe the actor who played owen was a guy who could see into the future

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 01:15 PM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

aah, that explains it. And it's so obvious.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 02:50 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote