KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » first person shooters

first person shooters
Started by: djBachus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
djBachus

first person shooters

what goods ones are there at the moment ? ive seen black that looks good , what other ones r there ??

( i have star wars battlefront 2 and call of duty already )

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 10:17 PM
djBachus is currently offline Click here to Send djBachus a Private Message Find more posts by djBachus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

For PC?

Farcry, Half-Life 2/Counterstrike Source, Jedi Knight series, Call Of Duty 2 and Unreal 2004 are the best ones at the moment.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 10:19 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Superfly
For PC?

Farcry, Half-Life 2/Counterstrike Source, Jedi Knight series, Call Of Duty 2 and Unreal 2004 are the best ones at the moment.

What he said, and quake 4

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 10:48 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

actually I found q4 disappointing.. q3 is better in my opinion

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 10:54 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
actually I found q4 disappointing.. q3 is better in my opinion

Yeah Quake III is classic.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 11:22 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

Thought we were talking about recent games.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 11:35 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

yeah but I think red mentioned most , if not all the good ones so far

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 12:00 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Doom 3, Half Life 2, Quake 4 (It's a fine game if you know what to expect, run and gun action and little more) Call of Duty 2, Far Cry, and FEAR (best FPS game I've played since the original Half Life, better than HL2, IMO)

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 01:41 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Metroid Prime Hunters.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 02:23 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Halo PC multiplayer.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 04:01 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

Originally posted by BackFire
Doom 3, Half Life 2, Quake 4 (It's a fine game if you know what to expect, run and gun action and little more) Call of Duty 2, Far Cry, and FEAR (best FPS game I've played since the original Half Life, better than HL2, IMO)

You actuly liked Doom 3 god that game was so boring, the room goes dark you get out your shot gun wait for a groan and shoot, You always know when soms one is going to jump out at you hardly the scarist game ever...You preferd fear over half life 2? fair enough personaly I found it quite boring, and the multiplayers a little stupid youv got so little health you can only use one weapon to surive, namley a weapon tht has long range.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 09:08 AM
Spartan005

Far Cry Instincts is pretty cool.... and their coming out with the expansion called Predator for Xbox and 360

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 03:51 PM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire

I can see that, but I personally dont think so.

FEAR had two glaring problems that to me doesnt put it better than HL2.
1) Lack of enemies
2) Lack of environments.

Other than that, it's on par with HL2. (Just went back to play a few minutes of HL2, and I still think that game absoutley amazing)
It just had a problem of being the sequel of the best first person shooter of all time.

So my answer to the question, play Half Life. Look past the graphics, and you will still see one the most entertaining games of all time.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 04:08 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I'd like to add Battlefield 2 to the list, its great fun

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 04:25 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Originally posted by Sparkz
You actuly liked Doom 3 god that game was so boring, the room goes dark you get out your shot gun wait for a groan and shoot, You always know when soms one is going to jump out at you hardly the scarist game ever...You preferd fear over half life 2? fair enough personaly I found it quite boring, and the multiplayers a little stupid youv got so little health you can only use one weapon to surive, namley a weapon tht has long range.

Not all of us are as shortsighted as you. thumb up

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 04:34 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, I do agree with him/her about Doom 3. It was amazing experience for the first 5 hours. But the 10 hours or so in between wasnt very good. Pretty much the same thingl, with a few things added.

The last bit though was pretty intense. But I would still tell somebody to check it out for an cheaper price though. The graphics, sound and the atmosphere (the first 5 hours) are out of this world.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 07:59 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

One word; Crysis...

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 09:25 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by Smasandian
I can see that, but I personally dont think so.

FEAR had two glaring problems that to me doesnt put it better than HL2.
1) Lack of enemies
2) Lack of environments.

Other than that, it's on par with HL2. (Just went back to play a few minutes of HL2, and I still think that game absoutley amazing)
It just had a problem of being the sequel of the best first person shooter of all time.

So my answer to the question, play Half Life. Look past the graphics, and you will still see one the most entertaining games of all time.

The enemies didn't need to be varied, the AI, which is by far the best I've experienced, made the battles dynamic and varied enough to where it didn't matter that you fought the same enemies over and over. The AI in FEAR is infinitely better then the AI in Half Life.

Lack of environments, I'll agree with that, but the game was put together so well and so exciting that it was a non-issue for me. I'd rather have exciting and challenging combat instead of varied environments that are just there for the sake of being varied, which is how I felt with Half Life 2: "Oh, look, you can drive stuff too, Halo who? cool huh? Oh, look, there's a scary town, cool huh? Doom 3 who?" FEAR did one thing extremely well, rather then a bunch of things pretty well.

Also, Doom 3 was successful because of its atmosphere, it was exactly what anyone who is familiar with the series should have expected. A simple game, that stayed true to its roots and had its aim on straight forward action/suspense and nothing else.

Last edited by BackFire on Mar 27th, 2006 at 04:54 AM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2006 04:51 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree with the AI, but for myself, the last bits of the game were dragging on.
With FEAR, I got bored near the end (until the Vault) , I just got kinda of sick of killing clone soldiers through an abdanoned building. But other than that, it was an amazing game. Number 3 in my books.

I personally think if they had some more enemies types, or more of the ninja's, or something other than the clone soldiers, I think it would of been the best.

I thought Doom was more of an action game, similiar to Painkiller and Serious Sam?

Doom is successful but if it was shortened, I think it would been better.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2006 05:58 AM
BackFire

I felt that way about HL2, specifically the driving around segments. They just didn't do it for me, and were more of an annoyance then anything. I didn't buy Half Life 2 to drive some little buggy around, seemed like filler to me.

I wouldn't have complained had they had more enemies in FEAR, its just something that didn't really bother me because I was just having so much fun playing it as it was, when I was fighting the clone soldiers I wasn't thinking "gee, I wish they'd put more enemies in this game", I was too busy trying to figure out the best strategy to use to defeat them.

Doom 3 was completely dependant on its atmosphere. A fullforce action game it's not, you don't usually fight a huge number of enemies at once like in painkiller or Serious Sam, you'd fight one or two at a time, and they were prepared so that they'd usually surprise you when they'd attack. It was more about suspense and surprise then action.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 03:08 AM