KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » why so much hate on the xbox?

why so much hate on the xbox?
Started by: Phoenix Aska

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

why so much hate on the xbox?

As long as I've been on these forums..lots of people do not like the halo game and the xbox system...what's wrong with it?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 11:54 PM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caboose
Restricted

Account Restricted

a very good question, my friend.

I have all 3 consoles, and I am just fine with them. I like my ps2 for t he few games I MUST have. I have most of the essential cube titles, and ...well yah I have almost squat for the box...(no cash...hey 3 consoles cost A TON)

I was against it at first, because I just didnt like a smart ass company coming in"you have bought the x-box..the most powerful system in the world....you are reading the instruction manuel for the X-BOX...most powerful system in the world...you are plugging in the X-box...feel the power of X.most powerful system in the world..." and then some...and I hated the old controller, but it grew on me, and Halo was a big push for me to buy it....and once i'm 18..Hehehe DOA:XBV !!!

"Fear the claw B****"-NASA probe bot

A dark figure lies in the shadows watching gray fox's actions in secret, contemplating the manner of events that have led the mysterious stranger to this day.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 12:15 AM
Caboose is currently offline Click here to Send Caboose a Private Message Find more posts by Caboose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

heh...I have all 3 systems too...the xbox is the best one so far...

LOTS OF PEOPLE LIKE THE NEW S CONTROLLERS AND MAKE FUN OF THE PEOPLE WHO USE THE ORIGINAL CONTROLLERS...( THE FAT BOY CONTROLLERS) I'VE HEARD THEM BE CALLED.... What is wrong with the older model controllers?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 12:19 AM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caboose
Restricted

Account Restricted

...do I even need to answer that?...

...yes I do...

You said it well....THEIR FREAKIN FAT. THEIR HUGE!!.. the buttons are to spread out, the whole controller is to spread out, and so unless you have monster hands, it was uncomfortable, the joysticks werent standard, and were hard to use, one was big, while the 2nd one was smaller so the tumb didnt grip as well., their was the stupid big fat X logo, and the black and white buttons were to hard to use.

the type F(as I call it for FAT) is to large and cumbersome to have good reaction times. I mean theirs a reason the type S is packaged with all the consoles now. the type S has better thumb sticks, the black and whie buttons are slightly* easier to use, and the buttons arent so oddly placed, shapped, and streched. the controller is more comfy, and easier to hold, and not so streched out.

A dark figure lies in the shadows watching gray fox's actions in secret, contemplating the manner of events that have led the mysterious stranger to this day.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 12:30 AM
Caboose is currently offline Click here to Send Caboose a Private Message Find more posts by Caboose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

well most of them, not all, are Ps2 lovers who try to make their system actually seem close to matching Xbox and just can't handle it that their little system is far outmatched.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 12:30 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caboose
Restricted

Account Restricted

ha so true...as much as I love ace combat 4 and soon 5, and the jak, ratchet and clank, and sly cooper series, along with thug, and GTA, FF, and socom, they just kinda lack the oomf of a miyamoto game. I dont like the light weight small controller, the r2 and l2 buttons way bug me.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 12:34 AM
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

Hmph...all the PS2 is good for is RPG games in my opinion....

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 12:37 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

ugh... lemme go make a 'why do people hate gamecube' thread.. j/k

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 03:12 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
ugh... lemme go make a 'why do people hate gamecube' thread.. j/k

That would take way too long big grin

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 03:17 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

Damn...people hate gamecube becasue nobody likes Mario and it's too childish in most games...but gamecube has a FEW good games....

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 05:29 AM
Darth Revan187

Tch, my XBOX is dying and it isn't even a year old.
And you know what I am talking about Aska. The damn thing wont even read a brand new disc.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 06:11 AM
Darth Revan187 is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan187 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan187 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

I know...that's why I bought a second Xbox...

Did I tell u that the first one I bought like in 2001 won't even start now?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 06:25 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Lots of people hate on every system, get over it.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:07 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

I've had mine since 2001, no problems.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 03:14 PM
S_D_J
Bane

quote:
Originally posted by cal31
well most of them, not all, are Ps2 lovers who try to make their system actually seem close to matching Xbox and just can't handle it that their little system is far outmatched.

...and that's why PS2 kicked Xbox's butt in the 128bits war

I'm a PS2 fanboy, and i'm proud of it. I know Xbox is far superior, but it lacks so many things. One of them is good games. Yes I know there's HALO, and KOTOR, but that's about it. The other good games are also available for other consoles, and all (I mean ALL) are also out for PC.

the thing with the controller was already explained, and there's the MICROSOFT arrogance too: they're pretty much doing what nintendo did with N64, only Microsoft is right cuz Xbox is indeed pretty powerful (unlike nintendo).
but power has anything to do with good games, and quality, I enjoy playing tetris in a cellphone, just as I do playing it in any console.

I don't hate Xbox (or Gamecube) I just hate the company(ies) and their monopolist way of doing business.

....and if I had the money, I'd buy all 3 consoles.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 04:28 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

Another good thing about the xbox is that u can play your own soundtracks on some games....

Thats tight

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 06:02 PM
Yuna33
'Cuz i'm hot like that!

im starting to hate my ps2 now......
ive had it since the day it came out......
and now it gives so much problems its not funny!

I've gone in search of myself. If I come back before I return, keep me here. big grin

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 07:04 PM
Yuna33 is currently offline Click here to Send Yuna33 a Private Message Find more posts by Yuna33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

That's because you have the first model roll eyes (sarcastic) Answered your own question. For the disc read error, just put two pieces of scotch tape parallel to the hole, and right next to it, and most games should read better. I find that it also works better if you have your PS2 vertically.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 07:42 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Halo and KOTOR are on PC, and Halo 2 will make it to PC probably after its Xbox debut. There's no reason to waste my money on such a paperweight, maybe if their sophomore consule is better, I might think about buying it. But for now, I'm set with my PS2 and Gamecube

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 07:46 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

my first PS2 died but my Xbox and Gcube have been running perfectly

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 08:13 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote