KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Will the Duel in EpIII with Anakin and Obi Wan ever top The Duel of Fates in EpI?

Will the Duel in EpIII with Anakin and Obi Wan ever top The Duel of Fates in EpI?
Started by: Nick1989

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nick1989
Dumbledore's Army

Will the Duel in EpIII with Anakin and Obi Wan ever top The Duel of Fates in EpI?

Will it? Becuase in a interview with Lucus on the special features DVD on EpI. Lucus said it would be one of the best duels ever. Is he right?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 02:04 PM
Click here to Send Nick1989 a Private Message Find more posts by Nick1989 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Course it will, its going to beat every other duel we have seen so far, its the climax of the saga, from a certain point of view stick out tongue

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 02:10 PM
Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eXSBass
Kill the nOObs!

Also, it's going to beat a record. 13-15 minutes of straight action not intercutted with other scenes. Currently the record is 7 minutes.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 02:12 PM
Click here to Send eXSBass a Private Message Find more posts by eXSBass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nick1989
Dumbledore's Army

Ok. Cool. But i though Obi Wan`s blocking and footwork was amazing! His saber offence and defense was brilliant.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 02:14 PM
Click here to Send Nick1989 a Private Message Find more posts by Nick1989 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

The longest ever duel in cinema history!

ofcoarse its gonna surpass itstick out tongue

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 02:57 PM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam
Lord Xam

ITS GONNA BE THE BEST!BETTER THAN THE EPISODE 1 DUEL!!!FO SHO!

"He was a pupil of mine,before he turned to evil..."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 03:12 PM
Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Of course this duel will be better then TPM. That's already a given.

I like George.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jodo kast
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah,i did not like the duel in TPM.The best duel is that in ep.6, Because he just keeps slashing and slashing. He was really angry.(and the music was really good)

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 04:35 PM
Click here to Send Jodo kast a Private Message Find more posts by Jodo kast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I just hope they don't kill the duel by making it too long.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
5knuckleShuffle
Restricted

Account Restricted

13 to 15 minutes? sh*t this will be a great duel

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 04:52 PM
Click here to Send 5knuckleShuffle a Private Message Find more posts by 5knuckleShuffle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Yes, a lot of things can top the duel in Episode 1. It's Episode 1....

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 05:22 PM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

quote:
Originally posted by Morridini
I just hope they don't kill the duel by making it too long.

That's my exact concern also. Well, I'm not really concerned, but I thought of that also. I hope it doesn't turn out like the podrace sequence. I admit, the podrace sequence was good, but it's so damn long that it gets boring to watch time and time again.

I like George.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 06:01 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nick1989
Dumbledore's Army

Ok. When the duel comences will there be any switch of scenes? e.g. while the duel is on, there will be a switch scene to yoda?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 06:08 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I hope not. The duel is the main focus of the entire saga. It cannot be intercut with other scenes.

I like George.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 06:09 PM
Nick1989
Dumbledore's Army

WoW. I wonder how Lucus is gonna pull that off. All the starwars battle scenes have had an intercut with other scenes.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 06:13 PM
kingcoot
Fluid Thinker

I really have faith in John Williams, the living legend. The music will make it worth it alone, and the light saber stuff will be neat to see too. I so look forward to the music during this dual in episode III.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 06:26 PM
Click here to Send kingcoot a Private Message Find more posts by kingcoot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nick1989
Dumbledore's Army

Will the music be the one in the duel of fates or will it be a new theme?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 06:32 PM
SomeGuy57
Just Milk It

Idk, the Duel Of Fates was pretty damn awesome and it will be pretty hard to top. Since this duel will be abou 13 min, it might just end up being a little drug out and just be a little boring because of the how long it will be.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 06:36 PM
Click here to Send SomeGuy57 a Private Message Find more posts by SomeGuy57 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

Hell yeah it is going to be awesome fight to the death between obi-wan and anakin.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 06:40 PM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Indy_Knight

Yea, this is gonna be the stand out fight of the PT, I think. as Lucas says 'Anakin is more powerfull, but Obi Wan has more expirience' gonna be totally cool.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 06:45 PM
Click here to Send Indy_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Indy_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote