KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Star Wars: Empire At War

Star Wars: Empire At War
Started by: ~Sir Mist~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hazardous

Star Wras:Empire At War

New Star Wars game!!!!!!!

AWESOME!! Realtime strategy!!!

Attachment: 23.jpg
This has been downloaded 168 time(s).

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 12:41 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

:

Attachment: 18.jpg
This has been downloaded 157 time(s).

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 12:41 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Not out till next Autumn I believe.

Set 2 years before ANH, and Empire At War isn't the official name btw.

What name would you give it?

I reckon something along the lines of Star Wars: Galactic Conquest or Reign Of Order or something like that.........

Empire At War is fine but sounds stupid when you say it "Star Wars: Empire At War".

The new TIE-Tank looks great.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 12:45 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

I cant wait that long!!! MUST HAVE NOW!

Empire at War sounds alright, id accept that, but Galactic Conquest does sound pretty good.

I was just thinking the other day that someone should make a star wars game with space battles exactly like this game.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 12:50 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

saw this on gamespot, looks very good indeed...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 12:50 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

so many games

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 12:59 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

This was in the SW forums already...

and Spence... please edit the title of the thread... the mis-spelling is going to haunt my brain

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 01:07 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Star war games are usually always garbage. The best star war games i have played are shadows of the empire, Rogue squadren, and knights of the old republic. Those are the only star wars games worth playing. All others are either half assed or just completely ridiculous. Not to mention loaded with bugs and glitches, every time i play a star wars game, it always seems that i end up walking up or into walls, and have to reset. Sometimes you just get caught in walls. The stories of some star wars games are so blatantly idiotic, it is hard to fathom why star wars is so popular. Jedi academy is the prime example of how terrible a video game expirence can be. Valley of the jedi, force stealing rods, what kind of shit is this? Why must i always have to search for endless switches and hope to stumble across invisible doors that blend into the enviorment to complete a mission? mad mad

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Jan 24th, 2005 at 03:32 AM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 03:30 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

There has been already two Star Wars RTS. Their was the horrible Force Commader and the decent Age Of Empires rip off Galatic Battlegrounds

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 03:36 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I am actually looking forward to galactic commando's I am getting sick of the redundancy in star wars games though. Kotor actually braved new territory in not including storm troopers. If star wars is such a broad universe in literature, why can it not be be as grand in the video game world. It is always the same stories, with the same half assed game design.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 03:48 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

quote:
Originally posted by JKozzy
This was in the SW forums already...

and Spence... please edit the title of the thread... the mis-spelling is going to haunt my brain

yeah, sorry about the spelling, i didnt realise until after i pressed submit.
and i found the thread just shortly after posting this one. sorry.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 03:51 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True. Star Wars are somewhat lacking. I tried Empire Divided, and that last about 2 minutes.
Commando's looks alright, nothing really good about it. I've only enjoyed Jedi Knight.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 05:26 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

sahweeeeeeeeeeeeeet big grin

this will be good smile

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 05:28 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

an AT-AT on naboo?... isnt that a bit out of context?

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 06:07 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Quite.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 03:03 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maverick2364
Jedi Master

I haven't been into Star Wars RTS games, all the others I've ever played or have:-) But Galaxies was a huge AoE spinoff. Maybe I'll look into it.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 03:10 PM
Maverick2364 is currently offline Click here to Send Maverick2364 a Private Message Find more posts by Maverick2364 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I wouldnt think an AT-AT on Naboo would be out of context. Its a fantasy setting, they could do anything they want. Also, the Empire conquered the galaxie so I would assume that they did the same with Naboo.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 07:13 PM
Hazardous

The empire tried to take over Naboo shortly after ep2. they might have tried taking over it again during this time frame, but who knows and who cares!

So this game looks likes its just going to be the empire and the alliance as we know and love. hopefully, no gungans!

I cant wait to try the space combat, hopefully 3d space combat wont be as difficult to master!

Online play is going to be SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 11:07 PM
Maverick2364
Jedi Master

I dont think it would be very easy to make a Star Wars RTS in space... I'm thinking at most it would be like starcraft and have ships but fly them on the planets. No real space battles with star destroyers, calamari crusiers and fighters.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 01:23 AM
Maverick2364 is currently offline Click here to Send Maverick2364 a Private Message Find more posts by Maverick2364 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Who said that planet was Naboo? confused
It could just be some other, "new" planet created by the designers.....

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 02:10 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote