KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ coming 2008

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ coming 2008
Started by: enyafreak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
enyafreak

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ coming 2008

all hail 'the wonderful wizard of oz'

the classic book by Baum is to be made into a feature film.

the script has already been written and is causing waves in hollywood as producers rave.

this adaption is said to be the closest version to the book and will be very very dark. and you can forget the songs as this version is strictly non musical.

this will be a very dark, very sinister version of the book and will hopefully be a big hit with the fans.

now in pre production expect it to hit screens towards the end of 2008

WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK. IS THIS A GOOD IDEA OR NOT?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 02:48 PM
enyafreak is currently offline Click here to Send enyafreak a Private Message Find more posts by enyafreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

As long as the scarecrow, tin man, and lion are massacred by those flying monkeys, fine with me.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 04:05 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dazzler619

I wonder how this remake will turn out

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 04:39 PM
Dazzler619 is currently offline Click here to Send Dazzler619 a Private Message Find more posts by Dazzler619 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Doesn't look to be a remake, but more along the lines of the "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" re-invisioning. I don't think people will appreciate a darker version of one of the greatest films of all time, but, OK.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 05:34 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

A darker version? Hm, this could get interesting. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.. the remake... it looks to be much less dark. I don't think I'm going to like that reinterpretation.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 09:08 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Is it the Todd McFarlene remake?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 09:26 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlondeBombshell

It would be hard to top the original. I don't think it will be as good. It might be interesting, different, but that is one of the greatest films ever made. And god, "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", you just can't beat film magic like that....

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 09:26 PM
BlondeBombshell is currently offline Click here to Send BlondeBombshell a Private Message Find more posts by BlondeBombshell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

When will the misery end.............

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 09:48 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

This is gonna be awesome. Why do people automaticlly asume that a remake is going to suck? or that sequals are bad ideas? Wait until you at least see a preview before being so ignorant roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 09:51 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

yes

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 11:18 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I agree with Kid Rock. Simply because it is a remake, does't mean it will suck. When you judge a movie, don't compare it to the orginal.

The movie sounds cool, definetly something I'll check out.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 03:22 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelsflame265
la la la lalaaaa

I hope so. . .

If they are keeping to the book i'm guessing Dorthy will be a little girl this time?

Offical Country Music Lover of Ravenclaw

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 03:25 AM
angelsflame265 is currently offline Click here to Send angelsflame265 a Private Message Find more posts by angelsflame265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I'm wondering if Dorothy will even be in it...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 04:25 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

natalie portman for dorthy tim burton for director

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 08:29 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

yeah I'd go for a darker version of Oz.... I liked return to oz for that reason

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 11:15 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
enyafreak

WIZARD OF OZ remake news

through reading the script it seems that

* the tin man will be a very sinister and frightening looking creature. he will be made of bloodstained and rusting tin combined with a fleshy interior. although scary looking he is the softest of the characters.

*the witch of the west will be a complex looking character also. in the book she only has one eye (like a cyclops) but the script suggests that she will have a dead eye. a missing eye thats shes lost somewhere in her life. she doesnt appear till the end of the film but is built in such a dark and mysterious way that as soon as dorothy enters her domain the tension is unbeleivable. her demise will be grusome (think along the lines tohts demise in raiders of the lost ark)

*dorothy is an 11 year old girl

*the munchkins are ugly and and sinister looking

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 02:29 PM
enyafreak is currently offline Click here to Send enyafreak a Private Message Find more posts by enyafreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dazzler619

Sounds like a grim version of it

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 02:36 PM
Dazzler619 is currently offline Click here to Send Dazzler619 a Private Message Find more posts by Dazzler619 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

Re: WIZARD OF OZ remake news

quote:
Originally posted by enyafreak
through reading the script it seems that

* the tin man will be a very sinister and frightening looking creature. he will be made of bloodstained and rusting tin combined with a fleshy interior. although scary looking he is the softest of the characters.

*the witch of the west will be a complex looking character also. in the book she only has one eye (like a cyclops) but the script suggests that she will have a dead eye. a missing eye thats shes lost somewhere in her life. she doesnt appear till the end of the film but is built in such a dark and mysterious way that as soon as dorothy enters her domain the tension is unbeleivable. her demise will be grusome (think along the lines tohts demise in raiders of the lost ark)

*dorothy is an 11 year old girl

*the munchkins are ugly and and sinister looking

I highly doubt the script is fully done and cut and dry..

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 08:30 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

It IS the Todd McFarlene version. They have a toy line. It looke REALLY cool. Go google it.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 08:35 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Re: Re: WIZARD OF OZ remake news

quote:
Originally posted by KidRock
I highly doubt the script is fully done and cut and dry..

Yeah. If the script is finished and it's still going to be 2008 before it's released then it had better be a $500 million dollar blockbuster.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 08:57 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote