KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Connecting The Trilogies

Connecting The Trilogies
Started by: DarkYoda

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Cool Connecting The Trilogies

How cool would it be at the end of Episode III if the following happened:

Fade to black, music appears to be heading into the credits but then fades to silence. We hear sounds of a wind storm as

a short but familiar yellow crawl comes on the screen and says...

Many years pass as the evil
Empire tears through the remnants
of the Old Republic, leaving nothing
but fear in its wake.

It would appear that Evil has won.

Yet, hope still remains.

The camera then wipes to a scene on Tatooine.

We then see the deleted scenes from ANH of Luke Skywalker looking into the sky at the space battle overhead.

It would be very much like the start of ESB where Luke watches the probe droids crash on the surface of Hoth.

I think that could connect really well with the OT and be kind of an upper for the dark movie we all hope Episode III will be.

yes

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 07:02 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Err, no, strikes me as a rubbish idea. A cheesy scroll followed by a pointless fade into ANH? Why bother?

Leave the connection as it is- III ends, IV starts, the link is there for all without it being so ruinously hammered in like that.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 10:56 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedijunky1138
Dark Lord of The Sleepy

not a completely horrible idea, but......no

I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:54 PM
Click here to Send jedijunky1138 a Private Message Find more posts by jedijunky1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peluffo

100% with Ush in this.

For the Empire, against the rebel alliance.
"Good" is a point of view...The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 01:04 PM
Click here to Send peluffo a Private Message Find more posts by peluffo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
J.M FcThumbs-Up
Dutch-Master

quote:
Originally posted by peluffo
100% with Ush in this.

Count me in!!!

smokin'

Einstein was right about human stupidity!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 01:27 PM
Click here to Send J.M FcThumbs-Up a Private Message Find more posts by J.M FcThumbs-Up Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah, its a nice idea...for any other film.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 01:44 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Re: Connecting The Trilogies

quote:
Originally posted by DarkYoda
How cool would it be at the end of Episode III if the following happened:

Fade to black, music appears to be heading into the credits but then fades to silence. We hear sounds of a wind storm as

a short but familiar yellow crawl comes on the screen and says...

Many years pass as the evil
Empire tears through the remnants
of the Old Republic, leaving nothing
but fear in its wake.

It would appear that Evil has won.

Yet, hope still remains.

The camera then wipes to a scene on Tatooine.

We then see the deleted scenes from ANH of Luke Skywalker looking into the sky at the space battle overhead.

It would be very much like the start of ESB where Luke watches the probe droids crash on the surface of Hoth.

I think that could connect really well with the OT and be kind of an upper for the dark movie we all hope Episode III will be.

yes

Well, I know the perfect person you can forward your ideas to, though I sure you won't get much out of it.

Its stuff like this that supports all the reasons why GL won't let any one else write and direct a Star Wars film.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 04:21 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Smile

Maybe it is a cheesy idea...the scroll and everything. I do think it would be cool if we could somehow see Luke Skywalker older by the end of Episode III.

Dark endings are not really Lucas' specialty. He has commented many times on how he thinks the general public is going to hate Episode III because of it's darkness. Even in ESB there is a glimmer of hope as Luke draws comfort from Leia and his new friend Lando.

Whether it is something resembling my idea or not, I think Lucas may try to end the movie, the SAGA for that matter, on a positive note.

rolling on floor laughing

One way or another...III is going to own us.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 10:05 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

i actually think if done right, this could be a great idea, i mean there is 20 years between 3and 4, even if they did cut screens with some big events, unfortunatley itlll prolly be left all up to EU

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 10:17 PM
Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Vader05
Lord Of The Sith

I think Episode III should end with the rebel ship and lead to the beginning of Episode IV and before that we should see the Death Star being built.

Remember the dark side will be with you always.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Vader05 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Vader05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote