KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » James Cameron or Jonathan Mostow?

James Cameron or Jonathan Mostow?
Started by: CoCooN

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CoCooN

James Cameron or Jonathan Mostow?

Now we are being able to see T3 and the diferences between T2 & T3...
T2 writen by James Cameron - T3 writen by Jonathan Mostow

Which is greater?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 12:10 PM
CoCooN is currently offline Click here to Send CoCooN a Private Message Find more posts by CoCooN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
02blur

T3

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 04:24 PM
02blur is currently offline Click here to Send 02blur a Private Message Find more posts by 02blur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

I'm sorry but comparing Jonathon Mostow To James Cameron is much like comparing george lucas to rob reiner. Ther have different directing backgrounds. In addition James has more experience with sci fi and since he created the terminator concept and did a superb job, he cannot be surpassed my any director in this area. In fact James Cameron with the terminator made a star of all but 2 of the main characters and made notoriety for everyone invloved. stan winston, james, linda hamilton, fantasy ii. In short it is comparing apples to oranges and frankly the other mostow movies in my opinion are not that great. He did a respecable job with t3 but i was disappionted. 12 years and i expected more. Frankly arnold and the stunts made the movie. However the movie pales in comparison to t2 and t2 pales in comparison to t1. If there is a t4, james cameron must be involved or we will be left with halowwen resurrection, jason x, candyman 3, speed and speed 2 and all the other sequela that diminished the franchise. Frankly james cameron was wise to leave the project alone after reading the script. You see he no longer owns the rights and does not have primary control over the script. The script anc climax were poor and james felt the important aspects of the story had been told. Ine thing though, James Cameron did say that he did t2 because the greatness of t1 made in necessary to made t2 and he wanted to be @ the helm to ensure the detail, the intensity and the vision remained clear and true to the man, vs, machine story. By eliminating the theres' no fate, the future is not set ideaology in the third film, it eliminated the importance of the story, the relevance and fesability of the story and eliminated the need for time travel @ all. If the future is set and detiny is set and the trminator is aware of this, skynet must be aware and why waste energy for a mission that would surely fail? well the tx did fail....get the picture?

Verdict: James Cameron

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 07:40 PM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoCooN

Good reply...but what do you thinik about that the Cameron said there shouldnt be any T3...

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 05:32 AM
CoCooN is currently offline Click here to Send CoCooN a Private Message Find more posts by CoCooN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

Although i wanted to see more and see the war, i agree that there was not that much more of interest that was true to the story was to be told. Now that it is here for sure, i'd wish cameron was involved, but he figured it would make money but would be emotionally lacking and plot dry and redundant of t2, all of which it was. If there is a t4, i hope he is @ the helm and aims it for a conclusion. (the humans ahould loose)

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 10:53 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

me like most ppl would say james cameron of course, i became a fan of his direction after watchin T1 i think.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 12:53 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

I think everyone need to see this movie again (especial the true diehard terminator fans) you got to accept the fact the James Cameron is not directing/writing it. I have seen it 3 times and every time it gets better. You got to look at the movies in a different way then you did in T1 and T2 there is a different director/writer with his own ideas. He doesn’t know what James Cameron new about the characters. He only knows what he has learned from the other two stories. He had to develop his own ideas of characters and there personalities. And I think we got to remember that this movie is belt as a segway between T2 and T4. I think this was the idea of this movie the hole time to make a another movie with Judgment day here (and the good thing is, is in the next one they wont have to explain how skynet was built because they did in this one) new one and I think Jonathan Mostow already has the script written in his mind and I think It should be damn good

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 04:16 PM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

If T3 was truly a bridge for Mostow to direct T4 in a whole new light, it could be possible, think about it in T4 you are gonna see the resistance fighting all the skynet machines, ie the flying ones, the tank ones (sorry i dont know the model numbers) plus skynet begining production on the T101's, its gonna be a war movie basically, which sounds cool the more i think about it.Or perhaps he isnt gonna direct it and there is no T4?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 04:28 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoCooN

But in T3 shooting, Arnie had to give money to Mostow...how can he create a movie, like war against the maschine, he would need twice more money like in T3, and DULOBAST25 in T4 we will not sew that war, beacause Nick Stahl will play in T4 and T5. I think Mostow should think about what he is doing in the future...if he will make a movie just about street action like in T3 and no horror scenes and no story he should give directors place to other more interesant story writer.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 06:09 AM
alic88
Barzakh

if t3 does very well then v could b in for a very expensive t4

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 05:50 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoCooN

PS. Hey alic88 what is now time in Pakistan? I'm from Slovenia and there is now 7:53 AM.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 05:54 AM
dulobast25

they can show the war, but we don not know how many years there will be between t3 and t4. I think nick will be older, but i would like them to use the john connor (adult) used in t2. BTW James may have walked away form t3 but that is because to him the script looked like a "lets make more money out of the story" script. The movie does feel that way and the more experienced film critics agree. The action was good, the bathroon scene was my favorite, but the action scenes were ill placed and the truck scent was so long that you forget what the movie is about for a second. The intro was too long and boring before anythign with action happens. The bordom was too long and the action was too long. It should be sprinkled in a little here a little there, but strategically placed not to just correctly tell the story, but not for fatigue or bore the audience. Cameron is more clever in that he tells the story in the point of view of a viewer who wants to understand the importance of the movie w.o getting bored or your intelligence being insulted. John Mostow could read take a few lesson from james cameron. @ any rate i hope james in involved ins some way like script in t4 cause t3 had good aspects.. arnie and dr silberman and the tx otherwise the casting sucked, the storyline and script sucked, tha acting sucked, the action was excellent the attire and wardrobe was excellent arnie looked good the special effects were good (except for arnolds red screen.. it was low quality and the wording unlike that of a terminator). So the items that were excellent were up to the terminator saga standard. What wasn't was the casting, soundtrack, timing, scrpt, and the story. James Cameron said all things considered johnathon did a great job, and i agree, but i think the best aspects of the film were what from the people who were responsible from the sucessul terminator flicks. Al else went down hill.
I think mr mostow should have had a diehard fan to ensure that details that were omitted or wrong or forgotton or mis construed were kept or added or more seamless..as like a consultant. I know one thing, I wouldn't be able to direct like mostow, but t3 would have been better if he had me on the consulting team.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 09:55 AM
CoCooN

Mostows problem is that, he was thinking just about the money "more action, more babes - that gives you MORE MONEY!". I think T3 movie failed like T-1000 in T2. When I was watching trailers for that movie, I was crazy and i couldnt wait to see that movie. But when a compare T2 and T3 I saw T3's disadvantages. At first of all there were no James Cameron on directors crew, that mean there is no good story, then i realized there is no Brad Fiedel...then i realy know movie will be just a classic in action movies...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 10:04 AM
dulobast25

T3, I thought it would suck, then found out that cameron turned ot down then i was afraid it would suck, then found out no sarah, then i was sure it would suck, then no michael beihn then i knew it sucked. and for awhile no arnold then i was convinced it would suck. Then no brad fiedel then afraid the music would suck.

So heard stan winston was involved and i said the moviemight be good. then arnold was in it the movie ought to be good, then saw the first teaser and thought that will be no good, then saw the second trailer and said damned it hink it will be good.. and i heard the music in the trailers and looked forward to it being good, then heard that the composer would not expand on any music from the other terminators and then i was afraid the music would suck. then found out no edward furlong and said man john connor might suck, but didn;t think the workd of furlong so said that might not make it suck then found out female terminaor and though oh yeah, but the idea sucked and hoped it would be trinity from matrix and when it wasn't thought that sucked, but saw krisitana and sai damned she fine like alyssa milano but the movie is till gonna suck and when I found out that the director directed movies that nobody said was good then i feared that it would suck, but then i swa a nother version of the trailer and thought it will be good and swa some of the fight scenes and thought this will be good and heard the music and thought this will be good and saw the t800's this will be good and saw the destruction, this will be good and so i went see the movie and saw the intro and thought this will be good and saw the explosion and john connnor and said i on't like him, but this will still be good, saw the girla and the lexus and thought ok, she's fine and it's too early.. lets' wait for arnie. then she showed up and ok let's see.. strip club? arrive in the desert? hmm no music? hmm. the scrren writing... inapproprtiate? hmm ok too early
the shades.. camreon would not have done it, but damned funny ok lets start, monster truck, cool killing resistance leaders.. cool. The vet hostpital, that represented the shitty-ness of the whole movie.. like 20 minutes of bore and finally the collsison. Cool. the acting? hmmm. For those who haven't seen the movie iwon't spoil it, but i like the fire truck scene, the bathroom scene but those are the high points goes downhill from there and when i saw the end...that sucked..then after hearing no cool termiator music the whole time.. heard off tone shitty wannabe termiantor music that was an insult and sucked even more. I felt like matrix 2 and the hulk. Something needed seasoning.. somehting was bland.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 11:07 AM
CoCooN

We can just say to other terminator fans who didnt see terminator 3......
MISSION FAILED!...it is not the way it should be. Like T-101 said in T2 "it has to end here!"...but they enyway screwed up....

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 11:25 AM
dulobast25

T3 i dunno i hope t4 is better.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 10:19 PM
lau_timmy

Why didn't James Cameron direct T3?

Any reasons why James Cameron didn't direct Terminator 3?
Since December 15, 1998 Cameron did plan to write and direct a third Terminator movie. I thought that Arnold wasn't going to be in it unless
Cameron was included. If Cameron directed it, I reckon it would be a great action movie, because he would make the story better.

[The Terminator walks into a strip club to look for clothes]
Terminator: Take off your clothes.
Male Stripper: Patience, honey!
[The T-850 steps up onto the stage]
Male Stripper: Woah, *****! Wait your turn!
Terminator: Your clothes.
Male Stripper: Talk to the hand!
[The T-850 grabs his hand]
Terminator: Now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gas Station Cashier: Hey! are you gonna pay for that?
Terminator: Talk to the hand.

Last edited by lau_timmy on Jan 18th, 2004 at 07:48 AM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2004 07:27 AM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

James Cameron thought the Terminator story was complete after the first original movie, there was no need for even a second movie... 10 years later, he was convinced that some of his ideas for the first movie, ideas that didn't make it into the completed first movie, could be expanded upon and included in a sequel, so Terminator 2 was born...

after T2, Cameron decided for certain that there would be no more Terminator movies, then someone else wrote T3, and CAmeron read it and laughed at how stupid the whole idea was, so he didn't want to do it... even Arnold tried to convince him to do it any way, because Arnold was interested in another go-round, but Cameron just said NO!, kicked Arnold in the nuts, and ran away...

that's all true... I heard it from SuperShadow! hee hee!

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Jan 18th, 2004 07:32 AM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

I knew that Arnold wasn't going to do it unless J.C. directed it. Neither did Linda Hamilton. She did not want any part in it unless he did it. I don't think J.C. kicked him in the nuts, i think he persuaded him to do play the terminator for a third time because he already knew how to play the role.

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Jan 19th, 2004 08:11 PM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

nah. he got paid 30 million. YA 30 MILLION. keanue reeves got paid 30 million for doing 2 matrix films. so u can just imagine the money lol.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2004 04:18 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote