KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Silver Surfer vs Dr Strange vs Professor X vs Superman

lions tigers and bears oh my
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Silver Surfer 19 46.34%
Dr Strange 7 17.07%
Professor X 9 21.95%
Superman 6 14.63%
Total: 41 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Silver Surfer vs Dr Strange vs Professor X vs Superman
Started by: Quick Freeze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

Silver Surfer vs Dr Strange vs Professor X vs Superman

cosmic power vs mystic power vs telepathic power vs physical powers
all gods in their own way, all very different. i think in this one supes might actually be the first to go. what do you all think?

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 08:02 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seaapple
Undersea Baron

I think that the order you have is the order of dominance -- except Superman might beat Prof. X (Silver Surfer beats Dr. Strange beats Professor X or Superman).

Silver Surfer's power cosmic is on an intergalactic scale. Dr. Strange is the best sorceror on earth, but there are other sorcerors elsewhere in the universe. The herald of Galactus is more unique and powerful, plus he has defeated powerful magical beings like Mephisto. He is the most powerful in the group of 4. He also has immensely powerful will and an alien mind, so he is not an easy target for psionics.

I think that Dr. Strange's skills are more varied than Prof. X's. He should be able to find a charm against psionics and use some interdimensional power to take out X or Superman.

I am not sure how Superman fares vs. psionics. If he is fairly suseptible maybe Prof. X can beat him, but I think that on sheer power he might be able to take it. This one really depends on the set up.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 09:00 AM
seaapple is currently offline Click here to Send seaapple a Private Message Find more posts by seaapple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Re: Silver Surfer vs Dr Strange vs Professor X vs Superman

quote:
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
cosmic power vs mystic power vs telepathic power vs physical powers
all gods in their own way, all very different. i think in this one supes might actually be the first to go. what do you all think?

Professor X would be the first to go down.

Then the next person kissing dirt would either be Superman or Dr Strange (will explain later).

And the winner would be the Silver Surfer or Dr Strange.

Now, how come the good doctor is appearing twice?
Well, it depends on what course of action he takes. If he decides to stay in the battle and fight directly he will go down. He may be the master of magic and sorcery, but even he cannot evade a super-dense Kryptonian body hurtling toward him at 99.9% the speed of light!
He would also not be able to evade the power cosmic if he decided to go mano-a-mano with the Herald or the Alien.

However, if he transcends dimensions into either a past era or an alternate time-line he could be able to bring his biggest guns into play (and yes, I know that both the Surfer and the Kryptonian have both travelled time, and that are both able to penetrate dimensional barriers. But it would take precious time to do so, time that the doctor would put into good use).

Now, the good doctor will not be playing nurse while he is in this safe place. He will be opening the Greater Book of the Vishanti, and calling for aid from the other-dimensional beings (the Vishanti).
With their aid the sorcerer supreme just became able to literally erase both the Surfer and Mr Big S. He would be virtually unstoppable with the assistance of the Vishanti (Dr Fate could stop him, but even that is arguable since although Fate has access to greater power than the Vishanti through the use of the Helm of Nabu and the Lords of Order, who operate at a far higher frequency that the Vishanti could ever dream of, Fate is not as adept in magic as Strange is).

Anyways, if Strange decides to step into an alternate time-line (which he can ...easily) and use the relative safety to call upon the Vishanti, he can win.

IF he decides to use more mundane magicks against Superman (who although vulnerable to magics would still be a significant risk when moving at his top speed), or against the Silver Surfer (whose power cosmic would be a really HUGE problem) then the Dr would lose.

Conclusion: The winner is the Silver Surfer if Dr. Strange acts the fool, and the winner is Dr. Strange if he decides to show the alien, the herald and the dweeb exactly what he is capable of.

The one thing that is for certain is that the dweeb (i mean Xavier) and Superman(normal supes) would not win, and that Xavier would be the first to fall. Xavier would even probably be taken out by all three at the same time. No one likes having someone in their head. He would thus be hexed into multiple dimensions, a split second after his head was blown apart by the power cosmic, a picosecond after a super-dense hyper-velocity alien from krypton power-flew through his torso!

Last edited by spetznaz on Mar 6th, 2005 at 09:57 AM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 09:55 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Silver Surfer

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 03:02 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Re: Re: Silver Surfer vs Dr Strange vs Professor X vs Superman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by spetznaz
Professor X would be the first to go down.

Then the next person kissing dirt would either be Superman or Dr Strange (will explain later).

And the winner would be the Silver Surfer or Dr Strange.

Now, how come the good doctor is appearing twice?
Well, it depends on what course of action he takes. If he decides to stay in the battle and fight directly he will go down. He may be the master of magic and sorcery, but even he cannot evade a super-dense Kryptonian body hurtling toward him at 99.9% the speed of light!
He would also not be able to evade the power cosmic if he decided to go mano-a-mano with the Herald or the Alien.

However, if he transcends dimensions into either a past era or an alternate time-line he could be able to bring his biggest guns into play (and yes, I know that both the Surfer and the Kryptonian have both travelled time, and that are both able to penetrate dimensional barriers. But it would take precious time to do so, time that the doctor would put into good use).

Now, the good doctor will not be playing nurse while he is in this safe place. He will be opening the Greater Book of the Vishanti, and calling for aid from the other-dimensional beings (the Vishanti).
With their aid the sorcerer supreme just became able to literally erase both the Surfer and Mr Big S. He would be virtually unstoppable with the assistance of the Vishanti (Dr Fate could stop him, but even that is arguable since although Fate has access to greater power than the Vishanti through the use of the Helm of Nabu and the Lords of Order, who operate at a far higher frequency that the Vishanti could ever dream of, Fate is not as adept in magic as Strange is).

Anyways, if Strange decides to step into an alternate time-line (which he can ...easily) and use the relative safety to call upon the Vishanti, he can win.

IF he decides to use more mundane magicks against Superman (who although vulnerable to magics would still be a significant risk when moving at his top speed), or against the Silver Surfer (whose power cosmic would be a really HUGE problem) then the Dr would lose.

Conclusion: The winner is the Silver Surfer if Dr. Strange acts the fool, and the winner is Dr. Strange if he decides to show the alien, the herald and the dweeb exactly what he is capable of.

The one thing that is for certain is that the dweeb (i mean Xavier) and Superman(normal supes) would not win, and that Xavier would be the first to fall. Xavier would even probably be taken out by all three at the same time. No one likes having someone in their head. He would thus be hexed into multiple dimensions, a split second after his head was blown apart by the power cosmic, a picosecond after a super-dense hyper-velocity alien from krypton power-flew through his torso!

wow.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 07:55 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

If only Silver Surfer wasn't SUCH a pacifist.

That'd be funny.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 08:18 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pepito

I think Professor X could take this as his telepathy has more range (in that he has more ways to use it) and a lot more skill than Strange. Surfer contrary to popular belief has weak telepathy which is really only used to communicate and learn languages. Professor X's mind can just about take them down.

Superman is a bit of a non factor because he is against all his weaknesses: Telepathy (he may be strongwilled but he can still be controlled by Xavier), magic (often thought of as in the same league as kryptonite in terms of Supeterminating, and a high octane energy manipulator who would be able to draw out the solar energy from Superman. Although Superman's speed is an asset, he has to accelerate over time to get to near light speed or really exert himself (if he immediately charges then he is vulnerable to everyone else)

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 08:36 PM
Pepito is currently offline Click here to Send Pepito a Private Message Find more posts by Pepito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Flash
Faster Than You

Martian Manhunter said that if Superman doesn't want anyone in his mind, no one is in. So Xavier will never control Superman.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 10:36 PM
The Flash is currently offline Click here to Send The Flash a Private Message Find more posts by The Flash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

"Martian Manhunter said that if Superman doesn't want anyone in his mind, no one is in. So Xavier will never control Superman."" very funny if Xavier want to control him there is nothing sups can do.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 11:32 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Flash
Faster Than You

Riiiiight.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 11:36 PM
The Flash is currently offline Click here to Send The Flash a Private Message Find more posts by The Flash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Prof. X won't even get chance to mentally attack Superman anyway. Superman is faster than thought.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 11:37 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

am not talking about speed. What is blocking X from controling superman .
Of course superman can fry his ass , but if he had a change he can crontrol him.
i was reply to the statement made by The Flash .

Flash why not?? LMAO people make me laugh

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 11:39 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

Silver surfer will own all by the way here

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 11:39 PM
The Flash
Faster Than You

If Martian Manhunter(more powerful than Xavier will ever be) said that if no one is going inside Superman's mind, no one is! I'd find some examples, but I'm too lazy. Why don't you find some info on Superman first then get back to me.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 11:50 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

lol i been reading superman comic for a while now

there is nowhere in his ability that say his resistent to mental control.

Ya he might fight back

and there is difference between MM , prof X.

show me where he block someone powerful mental

in one of his cartoon i saw his being brainwash

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 11:54 PM
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Xavier means nothing.
Martian Manhunter means nothing.
Superman means nothing.
Dr. Strange means nothing.

Silver, Surfer.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 11:56 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

lol i hope everyone agree that sufer will beat all of them.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 12:54 AM
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

what's stopping X from getting into the mind of SS. he looks the most intimidating because supes and strange look like men. and that doesnt even matter because he'll know right away of his power. is ss invulnerable to psionic blasts?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 05:44 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seaapple
Undersea Baron

The Silver Surfer has an extraordinary amount of control over the power cosmic. I have not seen him do so, but I think he could create a shield to protect himself from a psionic blast. I mean, I remember one time he could have cured the Hulk of gamma radiation if he wanted to. He has travelled in time. He can do amazing things.

At the very minimum he could just use raw power in the blink of an eye and get rid of Prof. X before significant psionic damage was done. Especially since I think he has a very resilient alien mind.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 07:30 AM
seaapple is currently offline Click here to Send seaapple a Private Message Find more posts by seaapple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

i guess what the x vs ss arguement comes down to is whether psionic blasts are physical or not. we know magic isnt physical, thats why strange is still a contender and he is more powerful than mephisto (no?). and superman's only advantage is his speed and strength which are both closley matched my ss (even though it's hard to say) and he is very vulnerable to strange.
so
are psionic blasts or any other kind of mental attack considered physical matter which ss has the power to alter/control?
what can x do to strange?
and can strange beat ss?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 07:53 AM