KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Kill Bill References [merged]

Kill Bill References [merged]
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BadKitty
cockeyed

Kill Bill References

heres a very cool list of movies that are referenced or very much like scenes in kill bill
http://tarantino.webds.de/tarantino...ences-guide.htm

Last edited by BadKitty on Feb 23rd, 2004 at 05:38 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 05:31 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

nice list!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 03:36 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I think that "Iron Monkey" is defenetly an influece for QT. If you remenber he did a commentary section in the dvd version of Iron Monkey. He talk so much about low budget kung fu films that he use to go to watch when he was young.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 09:22 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

didn't they talked about this in pulp fiction. mrs. wallace's pilot... the fox force five? or is it just me confused

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 12:50 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

wow..I'm not sure..I haven't seen some of the commentary,I have that movie too..*must go look*

fox force five..I know I got info on that some where in my brain i just can't think at the moment sad

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 04:46 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I'm sure there was a better topic for this but this has to do with references so I'll post this here rather than a whole new thread.

Its very minor but:
in Kill Bill Buck the Pussy Wagon guy says: "I'm Buck, and I'm here to fuk." or something like that.
in PF the bartender says: "I'm Paul and this is just between y'all." or something like that (again).

I didn't notice this before but I'm sure this was intentional to have a guy make a rhyme with his name like that.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 11:58 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

itchi the killer sucks.

the guy needs to get his facts straight

Master of the Flying Guillotine (Jimmy Wang Yu, 1975, Hong Kong). Music from that was used (Super16 by Neu!, the rights were bought), and also the mace GoGo is using somewhat reminds of this.

a flying guillotine is NOT a mace

GoGo and the master both us a Flying Guillotine eek! roll eyes (sarcastic) can you believe it?

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 04:12 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I totally agree with you Fire. Except, I like Ichi a lot big grin

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 04:46 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

honestly i think the flying guillitine is a kind of mace but its one of those weapons that are so unique that you just cant really classify them...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 05:20 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

It is a mace of sorts, but flying guillotine is just a cooler name yes

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 01:14 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

There is one reference that needs to be add it. I belive the music of Il Mercenario (The Mercenary) was used for the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: buried alive scene. Which makes sense since Il Mercenario is a Spagetthi Western.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 11:32 PM
killthesunlight
Stark raving mad

some of those didnt really add up, i mean a lot did , but then there were ones where it just had the same "font" or something like that... it didnt really make sense but who knows i could be wrong.. so which speghetti western was playing in kill bills house?

I feel like a heartattack with a hangover

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 03:11 AM
killthesunlight is currently offline Click here to Send killthesunlight a Private Message Find more posts by killthesunlight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gtsecc

In RD the radio station is KBilly, and in Pulp Fiction Uma tells a Fox Fire Five joke about the tomatoes.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 04:31 AM
gtsecc is currently offline Click here to Send gtsecc a Private Message Find more posts by gtsecc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

Hard-Boiled reference in Kill Bill V1?

At the end of Hard-boiled an assassin wearing a big white eye patch is in a hospital.

this reminded me of Elle Driver in Kill Bill - is the eye patch a reference to Hard-boiled/ something else/ just an eye patch?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 12:02 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by killthesunlight
some of those didnt really add up, i mean a lot did , but then there were ones where it just had the same "font" or something like that... it didnt really make sense but who knows i could be wrong.. so which speghetti western was playing in kill bills house?

I think that particular song is also from Il Mercenario. I gotta get me the KB vol. 2 soundtrack.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 03:54 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Just curious, was the assassin male or female? I know I've seen pictures of a movie that Elle was based after which had a blonde female that wore an eye patch that matched whatever outfit she was wearing (just like Elle). Don't know anything else about that movie though, not even if the girl was an assassin.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 11:17 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

It's been a while since I saw it, but I believe the eyepatch character in "Hard-Boiled" was called "Mad Dog", and he was a tough-as-nails hitman who killed an intern and took his outfit to infiltrate the hospital.

John Woo could have based Mad Dog's outfit on the same nurse on whom Quentin based Elle.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 11:21 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aerosin

Carrie, the split scene w/ the bride and elle, thats when Carrie kills all the mofos...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 12:50 AM
Aerosin is currently offline Click here to Send Aerosin a Private Message Find more posts by Aerosin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by roundisfunny
It's been a while since I saw it, but I believe the eyepatch character in "Hard-Boiled" was called "Mad Dog", and he was a tough-as-nails hitman who killed an intern and took his outfit to infiltrate the hospital.

John Woo could have based Mad Dog's outfit on the same nurse on whom Quentin based Elle.

yeah thats the character.
which film was the nurse in - any pictures?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 12:41 PM
roundisfunny

According to the link on the "References" thread, the character of Elle is based on the character from this Swedish film:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0072285/combined

The IMDb even has KB1 as a reference in its "Movie Connections" section for this movie.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 09:11 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote