KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Guild Wars: Factions

Guild Wars: Factions
Started by: Koala MeatPie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

-=- Factions -=-

Got My Collector's Edition on Pre Order, it will be available April 21st, which gives me 6 days of wait stick out tongue

Meanwhile I am Enjoying the Pre Order items while finishing off Prophecies.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 02:44 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Guild Wars: Faction

So, today I went to an adventure to get my Guild Wars :Faction. It all started by going to my nearest video game place, I was too lazy to get to the others. Unfortunately, it was Toy's'rus. The guy at the front desk of the so stupidly name " R Zone" told me they didn't get Guild Wars : Faction yet. So I looked up for Elder Scrolls 4 : Oblivion. MY computer could run it, but only problem, it was a single player with an MMORPG, which didn't satisfy me. I like playing with real people. So I left that stupid son of a shop and went to Best Buy. The Video Game manager called up a so called "PC Proffesional" to aid me in finding Guild Wars: Faction. His name was Richard. So it took 15 minutes for "Richard" to get there. He was 5'0 tall, and had a retarded look on his face. I had to repeat my questions several times for him to answer. In the end, he realised he didn't know what Guild Wars was. I had to look myself. The best I could get to is the first Guild Wars. But I need Factions. However, now I shall order my copy of Guild Wars: Factions. And I can't wait, so I decided to make a thread of discussing the game.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 02:02 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

The only thing I don'T like About Factions is how the Map Seems Smaller, and that you can't Export any Factions character to Prophecies Untill you ahve Almost Finished the Game (Not Half-Way there Like in GWP)

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 02:59 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

I never played the first guild wars, cause I was waiting for a new one to come out. It would be nice to create a KMC Guild or somethin stick out tongue
Is it hard to lvl up?

But it would actually suck if when you bought Faction you could only use the Assasin and Ritualist, and you couldn't create other classes. I mean if it is, then it should cost less, as an add on to Guild Wars.

Last edited by Spidervlad on May 2nd, 2006 at 08:00 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 07:54 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I'm holding off on Factions for now; I haven't been playing Prophecies enough to make the $50 worth it.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 08:42 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Spidervlad
I never played the first guild wars, cause I was waiting for a new one to come out. It would be nice to create a KMC Guild or somethin stick out tongue
Is it hard to lvl up?

But it would actually suck if when you bought Faction you could only use the Assasin and Ritualist, and you couldn't create other classes. I mean if it is, then it should cost less, as an add on to Guild Wars.

about leveling, you should know GW isnt a game based on leveling up. Yes you do gain levels but it is not that important. You will spend a lot of time playing once you have already maxed on the level cap. If you are looking for a game like WoW where its all about grinding out levels to be stronger you may not be happy with GW.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 09:48 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

No, it's the opposite. I don't like lvling at all, thats why I asked.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 09:55 PM
forumcrew

well good cause the game is more about strategy, tactics (from what skills you use and find) and team work

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 01:26 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

I love the way they made it into mostly tactics, its not just about mindless killing... for the most part.

You CAN NOT get an all powerfull character, no such thing as invincible, and if you find an inincible character, NC Soft will modify a few skills, just slightly, to render your character ... non-invincible.

So yeah, some chracters are better then Others,

W/mo
Mo/w

And I am Trying theorizing on the A/N Mix Shadow Step^with the touch skills, could be very powerfull.

Althought I would enjoy a higher lvl cap, say, 40 or 50, even 30 would be better then 20. (Which you obtain sooner then expected)

Last edited by Koala MeatPie on May 3rd, 2006 at 03:28 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 03:23 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

You know what, i'm starting to doubt the defintion of "Next Day Delivery" I'm getting pissed off.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 06:22 PM
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

OUCH, Never Trust the mail.

What is REALLY Pissing me Off Is the "Manage Access Keys", Bassically So I don't Re-Write Everything, This is the Support Question I Sent them:

I have installed GW Factions last saturday, seeing as how the preview event was over (I had also bought the pre-order) But now that the extended event is over, I can not play Factions, it says "I have not installed the retail version", When I have.

So I re-installed it, Still the same message appears. When I tried to go into the "Manage Account" section and tried to add the serial, I found that I could not add it threw the game as with the Original Prophecies or with the Pre-Order Package (PLEASE change this).

So I went threw My Play NC account, went to "Add a game" and added Factions.

When I went back into GW, That same red Message prompting me to Install a Retail version of Factions is still there.

My Original GW account is ***@hotmail.com, When I added the Factions Key, it seems to have created a NEW play NC account as ***@plaync.com (or something of the likes)

I DO NOT want a new account, a Allready HAVE an Account on which I have several GWP and GWF characters... ***@hotmail.com

WHY you are obliged to Register Threw PlayNC and NOT the GW Program, and WHY you are forced apon a new Account I do not know, looks like BAD management.

All I am Asking for (please) is that GWP, Factions Pre-Order and GWF be on the same account of ***@hotmail.com, without loosing anything.

Why you can't do this in the first place? I don't know, I tried.

Thank You.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 08:07 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Weird. I had the event game client installed, I deleted it and and then just installed the disks, I got 2 disks in my package. Everything worked for me. Anyway, I got it a few hours ago. My username is Lord Spider for RP Account and only pvp Lord Spiderpvp

Lord Spider is 1st proffesion Ritualist and 2nd Elemental.

Sweet combo I tell you!

Last edited by Spidervlad on May 4th, 2006 at 03:39 AM

Old Post May 4th, 2006 03:36 AM
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

They disabled my Factions Key and Gave me a new one, now THATS service.

P.S. You don't see WoW getting this kind of treatment:

http://www.guildwars.com/community/fansitegift.php

Old Post May 6th, 2006 08:47 PM
MadMel
Heh

i read a review of it in pc powerplay mag...and they said it was better than dungeon seige two...but worse than diablo two..i dont think i believe that tho, since it is a MMO..

Old Post May 7th, 2006 01:16 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

And that Diablo's team made Guild Wars... And that Guild Wars os Bassically Diablo II as an MMO.

Old Post May 7th, 2006 01:23 AM
MadMel
Heh

true, but i liked the atmosphere of the diablo games. GW is slightly different in that aspect..

Old Post May 7th, 2006 01:25 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

It is a sweet game, only problem is that I need Prophecies like crazy since alot of Prophecies skills aren't included in Factions.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 02:36 AM
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Spidervlad
It is a sweet game, only problem is that I need Prophecies like crazy since alot of Prophecies skills aren't included in Factions.

There are a couple, Just renamed.
Can't name them off the bat, or even if they still exist after all the updates.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 05:22 AM
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

I want this game (really badly), but my dad won't hookmy computer up to the internet, and mine is the only computer in the house that can run Guild Wars.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 03:34 PM
KingDubya is currently offline Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scarecrow88

im thinking of buying it, is it worth the $50

Old Post May 30th, 2006 08:17 PM
scarecrow88 is currently offline Click here to Send scarecrow88 a Private Message Find more posts by scarecrow88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote