KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Video Games

Video Games
Started by: Darth Daft

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Daft

Video Games

I'm dying to talk to someone about computer games, so here's the place to do it. Here's a list of all the games I have:

Outcast, Deus Ex, Half-Life, Force Commander, Oddworld - Abe's Oddysee, Oddworld - Abe's Exoddus, Unreal Tournament, Opposing Force, X-Wing Alliance, American MacGee's Alice, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, Grim Fandango, Escape from Monkey Island, MDK, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Blade Runner, Rainbow 6, Rogue Spear, Pharaoh, Grim Fandango, Toonstruck, Full Throttle, Little Big Adventure 2, Day of the Tentacle, Rogue Squadron, Banjo-Kazooie, Samn and Max hit the Road, Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time, Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask, Donkey Kong 64, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Tomb Raider 3, Discworld 2, Simon the Sorcerer 2, Silver, Ultima IX, The Longest Journey, Zork: Nemesis, Zork: Grand Inquisitor, The Feeble Files, 1080 Degrees Snowboarding, Super Mario 64.

And that's it I think! Anyone own any of the above games?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 04:28 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

No wonder you don't have any time to post!!!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 04:29 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Force Commander was a bit of a wash out, wasn't it? Except for David Warner doing the voice of the Imperial Officer. He really should be in the films proper.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 04:33 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Yeah I disliked Force Commander a lot. The camera control was terrible and playing an AT-AT wasn't all it cracked up to be. I couldn't get very far on it either. I'm not too good at realtime strategies!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 04:38 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Deus Ex was pretty cool, heres a game for you to try its an adventure game called The Longest Journey, it might start out slow but man the graphic and sound is awesome.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 01:36 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I liked X-Wing Alliance a lot. The best SW space sim ever.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2001 04:05 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jonce

You all gotta get Diablo 2. The Diablo2 online is brilliant.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2001 02:22 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Force Commander was actually relatively easy, but you had to be very patient.

Deus Ex is a classic, of course, but the system spec was deceptively high. And the textures were unimaginative, but that's a bic picky.

X-Wing Alliance was pretty good, but didn't have enough in the way of a co-op mode like, say, Freespace 2 or Starlancer, so you couldn't do some of the great things you could in X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter (and the scale is all wrong in bothn games). And now the PS2 is getting the new Star Wars spacefighter game! Damn!

Diablo 2 is great, but the characters skills are STILL unbalanced (the expansion will fix that with any luck) and Battle.Net is still running too slow. In fact, even over a network Diablo II runs dodgily enough to spoil the enjoyment. Only the Host knows where anything really is!

Black and White is coming soon. THAT'S the big game of the year.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 20th, 2001 02:52 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well X-Wing Alliance reminded me again of the great fun I had with Tie Fighter.

And I stay away from Diabolo II, it's a little too addictive for me.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2001 04:45 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I really liked the game Blade Runner. The graphics were great and I like games where you have to solve mysteries and stuff. I also really like Tony Hawk Pro Skater.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 20th, 2001 06:04 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes, Blade Runner. But I got stuck somewhere in the scene where the guy runs out of the bar into another one. Then you have to wait for another guy, but he never showed up. A friend of mine had the game too and he got stuck at the same spot. Weird....

Old Post Feb 20th, 2001 06:28 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I wouldn't have called Blade Runner's graphics GREAT, as such. Functional is how I would describe them.

I've played through it several times and seen all the endings. Quite honestly, with some variations of the plotline, moving on is just a matter of wandering around the arcade, bar or shopping area again and again and again. If you have real problems, start the game again and it should be easier.

Or give me the specifics- I may be able to help

BtVS

Old Post Feb 21st, 2001 03:03 AM
queeq
Chaos

I tried all that, I did all that, numerous times. But the guy just never shows up. Anyway, it's been a while, so I don't feel like picking it up so soon.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2001 03:21 AM
Darth Daft

Do you mean the bit with the chef? If so, then just click on the floor when he pushes the massive pot of soup over and that makes McCoy dive out of the way, so that you can catch the chef quicker.
I did like Blade Runner, because, like JO said, solving some of the cases is quite fun, but personally I didn't think the use of voxels was a great idea. It made all the characters blocky and wierd.
As for X-Wing Alliance, I simply LOVE it. It really does stick with the Star Wars atmosphere as you fly through space blasting Imperials with John Williams' music blasting out of the speakers. Great stuff.
And Deus Ex is one of my favourite games. I completed it a while ago, but I'm still playing on some of my save games just for the fun of it. It's a shame a multiplayer wasn't included, because that would have been SO COOl.
And Finti, personally I found The Longest Journey a bit dull and unappealing. It's nothing compared to the Monkey Island saga or Grim Fandango.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2001 06:50 AM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

I was never a real fan of computer games, consoles are my bag, though I did like Gangstersembarrasment rganized Crime and SW Rebellion. But right now my favorite game is Shenmue for Dreamcast, probably the best game I ever played. Kessen is in my second spot for PS2 (crazy hard game)

Old Post Feb 21st, 2001 11:20 AM
Jedi Mercenary is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Teeeheeee, DD and me love the same SW Game.

But no, DD, the scene I mean is way further into the game. It's when you get into this weird dark bar. You can sit down in te corner and then the entire seat and table turn into another, private, bar. And there you're supposed to meet someone. But as I said... he never shows.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2001 02:40 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Didn't anyone else think that the lasers fired too slowly in the X-Wing games? The fighters fire at machine gun speed in the films, but they are far more sedate in the games.
And due to the need to keep the speeds in the game practical, the scale seems all wrong. You gently drift by Star Destroyers instead of racing past them. The trench sequence in X-Wing was very leisurely! Oh, they were still great though, and nothing compared to getting on a network and playing a full X-WIng squadron in a game of X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter...

Queeg- did you get either of the security photos from the back room in that bar, in the room with the (POSSIBLY) poisoned chair (or sometimes you are immune to the poiso, of course, because you are a Replicant)? Sometimes Q (I think that's his name) doesn't show until you've either stolen a photo from there or had him give you one. And even then, it can take a lotof going in and out, thoguh you day you already did that...

BtVS

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2001 03:20 AM
queeq
Chaos

I don't know which securit photo's you talk about. I got everything from the murder scene, I even got myself a walkthrough and all that looked fine. It also said I should walk in and out a couple of times, or restart the game. I did that so often, including going to different places, that I got very bored. Ah well, never mind.

So we might be getting a Jedi Knight II. Did you hear that already?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2001 02:27 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, Obi-Wan was GOING to be Jedi Knight 2, but that's all gone belly up

BtVS

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2001 06:08 AM
queeq
Chaos

It's gone belly up for PC, not for PS2. So as compensation they might be giving us Jedi Knight 2. Whatever. As long they HURRY UP!!!!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2001 02:50 PM